[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Actually, don't need to wait for PoB to update to see the value of the newly buffed Heart of Flame in 3.3. For 6 points you now get 82% increased damage, 10 Int and 6% fire penetration. That's better than 2 jewels.

I'm going to add Heart of Flame to the tree. The only question is at what level to take it.

P.S. Maybe even Heart of Ice too, as a high level option.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 30 may. 2018 12:56:04
"
Black_Gun escribió:
And if we're talking super high-end gear: what about using the watchers eye with "1-1.5% of Damage leeched as Life while affected by Vitality"?

I spent most my Standard money today to try this out. It's good. A problem I had lately was killing the T15 Siege boss, because he has an immune phase. Fire pen rather than LL meant I took his totems down immediately. Perhaps if I enter the room right, I could kill him before the phase (if it works that way).

I took fire pen - does hypothermia work if we don't inflict ailments? Presumably fire pen remains good even with Vaal Impurity of Fire.

Time for a 48h break from POE, I couldn't get to the int/attrib amulet (5k alts sunk into it tho), but otherwise finished. I think that amulet must have an EV of about 10k alts: I didn't keep a good count, but either mod appeared about 1/100 rolls, maybe a bit more frequently. I'll try again in Incursion.

Gear
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 30 may. 2018 13:30:33
Have you tried Uber Elder without Fenumus items ?
"
NoImagination escribió:
I took fire pen - does hypothermia work if we don't inflict ailments? Presumably fire pen remains good even with Vaal Impurity of Fire.

"
makes hits against nearby enemies ignore their fire resistance.

Ah, perhaps this means it'd ignore a negative fire resist?
"
mrtn1993 escribió:
Have you tried Uber Elder without Fenumus items ?

Yes. 5 of my 9 UE kills last league were with the regular setup. I plan to test some of new ideas for that fight in Standard now that I have him available there.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't change anything about that fight in 3.3. But at least it won't take weeks to unlock him anymore. Then again, they didn't change his loot either but nerfed the vendor recipe that made farming him not a total loss: you can no longer vendor 5 of his bricked rings to get a new crafting base. And seeing as he drops those stupid rings most of the time, there won't be a reason to do more than 1 kill at all.
"
NoImagination escribió:

Icestorm creates chilled ground regardless of the damage conversion, so Hypothermia always worked. It was just inferior to most of the other support gems. Now it got buffed and is almost fine. But it has a stupid quality effect: increased chill duration. So it's still inferior to the other supports we can use.

Vaal Impurity disables the target's resistances, making bosses lose their 40% res and have 0% instead, like trash. Resist penetration then makes their resists negative. It's basically the same exact thing as a free FP gem against the Shaper/Elder/Atziri, but it's much better than that against any bosses that can have map mods granting extra resistances.
Wouldn't the Vaal Impurity gem only work maybe three times per boss fight (it looks like you need to do 34% damage to get 51 new souls, and assuming it's 50 souls per Vaal Impurity charge) ?

Might be a motivation to get as many twinned bosses as possible...

Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 30 may. 2018 18:20:42
"
Graiaule escribió:
Wouldn't the Vaal Impurity gem only work maybe three times per boss fight (it looks like you need to do 34% damage to get 51 new souls, and assuming it's 50 souls per Vaal Impurity charge) ?

Might be a motivation to get as many twinned bosses as possible...

According to the announcement, Impuritiy requires only 24 souls per use. Its duration will be 9 sec (same 6 sec base as Orb of Storms). Those 9 sec will be enough to facemelt most of the bosses in PoE. For the first 6 sec you can't gain new souls, for the last 3 sec you can. If the boss is still not dead, you will have enough souls to use it again almost immediately.

I can't seem to find it... did they do anything about the inability to use Vaal skills on Izaro (because the souls were lost when changing zones)? Not like we needed any extra help against him, but I'm looking forward to deleting him in less than 1 sec :)
Update:

The build is pre-updated for 3.3:

- Removed the legacy Fenumus setup. PoB snapshot for it can still be found in the description of the 3.2 Uber Elder video.
- Replaced one of the sockets and Art of the Gladiator with Heart of Flame. All trees modified accordingly.
- Added more options for the Watcher's Eye.
Probably gonna take a break from WI for 3.3, at least for my first character anyway, but I'll be interested to see what new things influence the build. Been my favourite thing to play even from back in the day when Perandus and stacking Uniques was the way to go.

I think I'm gonna use my standard funds to try and upgrade my Bestiary ones gear. Of course not being able to craft Aspect onto a better pair of boots is a bit of a pain... Still, if anyone is interested in selling their old characters gear in Standard let me know, I might be interested~

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional