[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Yeah that was back before VP, CI and ES in general were nerfed. This build was pretty much indestructable, although the DPS was a lot lower.

That video reminded me about another thing from those days: we had the old Pyre ring with 100% cold to fire conversion (before it was nerfed to 40%), didn't need AoF and could use Atziri's Promise. And now we can use it again! I totally forgot about that flask.

Come on, GGG, reveal the details on Winter Orb already! Can't wait!

I hope that winter orb will be from the early lvl batch, like since 1-4-12 lvl, so we can leveling with it. I'm sick of freezing pulse already :)
"
Med1umentor escribió:

I hope that winter orb will be from the early lvl batch, like since 1-4-12 lvl, so we can leveling with it. I'm sick of freezing pulse already :)

HEAR! HEAR!
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Yeah that was back before VP, CI and ES in general were nerfed. This build was pretty much indestructable, although the DPS was a lot lower.

Ah, so with instant leech it was a super tank! It must have felt a lot squishier after that change. Anyway, it seems to be doing very well still.

Come on GGG, fix the performance of hit calculations already!
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Ah, so with instant leech it was a super tank! It must have felt a lot squishier after that change. Anyway, it seems to be doing very well still.

Come on GGG, fix the performance of hit calculations already!

Yeah, a lot squishier. Before it you could just stand still and tank things (even more so, when berserker was still OP, and granted absurd leech after taking savage hit), now we can't, for example, stand still in the shaper's beam.

But on the other hand, it's not so bad. Now we have so many things that boost our damage and ES, that if you have absurd ammound of currency, you can have around 16k ES, that can easily tank it, together with shaper's balls :)

I think everyone will agree, vaal pact before was overpowered, especially in that build. That was good change.

Berserker change was bad though... Why GGG hated zerker so much, that they decided pretty much delete it from the game?
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 29 nov. 2018 12:57:51
With a cold version no longer hampered by Avatar of Fire, is there any consideration to use Green Dream/Green Nightmare jewels?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Nightmare#Passive_Tree_placement

The best socket for it is in the Templar area below Faith and Steel, but we use that for Brute Force Solution. Two other good sockets are immediately below Scion and above the Witch area next to Instability. Those sockets grant, respectively, 28/20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill and 9/6% attack dodge, in addition to the 5% cold as extra chaos.

Probably not better than the jewels listed in the guide, but at least an interesting possibility.
"
Med1umentor escribió:
Before it you could just stand still and tank things (even more so, when berserker was still OP, and granted absurd leech after taking savage hit),

The Life/MoM Berserker version in 3.0 was probably the most fun of all. After they ruined the old CI but VP was still instant. The Strobe Light Life Globe! :) Pretty much what Zerphi + Poet's Pen does now. Too bad Uber Elder wasn't introduced until 2 leagues later. That version could probably facetank him, Shaper barrages and all.

"
Berserker change was bad though... Why GGG hated zerker so much, that they decided pretty much delete it from the game?

Yeah. They decided that Berserker can't be a spell caster anymore. The class is still alive but only for melee builds. Then again, they buffed Ascendant in the same patch (3.2).

"
now we can't, for example, stand still in the shaper's beam.

Sure, we can! Just not without a couple of pre-cast Icestorms ;)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 29 nov. 2018 18:12:08
"
Bananaderson escribió:
With a cold version no longer hampered by Avatar of Fire, is there any consideration to use Green Dream/Green Nightmare jewels?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Nightmare#Passive_Tree_placement

The best socket for it is in the Templar area below Faith and Steel, but we use that for Brute Force Solution. Two other good sockets are immediately below Scion and above the Witch area next to Instability. Those sockets grant, respectively, 28/20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill and 9/6% attack dodge, in addition to the 5% cold as extra chaos.

Probably not better than the jewels listed in the guide, but at least an interesting possibility.

The problem is, those frenzy charges are gained only on multiple kills, i.e. it's extra dps for trash clearing. Against the top bosses it will be only 5% added chaos damage. But it's nothing like 5% MORE in this case because there is no chaos penetration. PoB says that replacing any of the jewels on my character with it will be a downgrade.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
now we can't, for example, stand still in the shaper's beam.

Sure, we can! Just not without a couple of pre-cast Icestorms ;)

Literally the next thing after, i wrote that it's possible, but only after some investment :)
Page 200 hype! :)
I am interested in trying out this build in the next league. Will your lvling guide still be relevant when the new league comes out? Will be my first int based character too. :P

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional