[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I think whispering ice is going to be my starter for the 4th league in a row now. It's just so reliable and easy. The fact that we finally have a cold channeling skill now is definitely going to spice things up! Thank you for keeping this updated. Let's hope winter orb is fabulous!
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Bananaderson escribió:
"
Med1umentor escribió:
Did you saw new veiled mod on helmet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a0cblv/heres_another_preview_of_a_veiled_mod/

If that can be combined with usual int affix - it's just wow

Yeah, and if it can be combined with 30% quality from fossils? I'd like a 46% Vaal Regalia with 75 int please.

Well, these new mods will probably solve the Aspect dilemma: with Bestiary returning, would it be better to go with Fenumus again or not? Looks like not. Fenumus/Spider was a fantastic defensive/offensive setup in 3.2. But now we can have so much Int from the body armor that it can provide more damage than Aspect of the Spider + Fenumus Shroud. And for defense, chill and freeze from the cold version of the build should be enough.

Speaking of the cold version. Since the league is effectively over, I switched my Delve league char to cold. Lost the -fire res debuff mod on my wonderful helmet, and a few Int with it. But gained a lot of ES on a 'straight up ES' one.

Storm Burst and Incinerate feel equally 'meh' compared to SR, so I noticed that my overall DPS dropped a notch. That's what Winter Orb should hopefully compensate for.

But the defense! The jump in safety is huge. It feels like Aspect of the Spider in 3.2. The increased chill effect is so good that I dropped TC and didn't notice anything different - all enemies are super slow already. And half of them are frozen too. I replaced TC with WM and things got totally awesome: endurance charges.

The fire version with higher damage did not feel safe at all in depth 600 delve cities, rares in the inner chambers were deadly. The cold version - no problem, I've cleared several cities at 500-600 with nasty mods that were too rippy before.

Basically, all we need now is Winter Orb being a half-decent skill. It doesn't even have to be very good. With the cold version and new crafting mods things should be awesome in 3.5.

All I want out of spoiler season is Winter Orb details, and they're not giving it me :(

If it does turn out to be garbage, do you think L1 scorching ray will still work as a "free" way to trigger it? Or possibly something like Lightning Tendrils for the crit chance or Blight for the hinder effect?
"
ultra_super_hyper escribió:
I think whispering ice is going to be my starter for the 4th league in a row now. It's just so reliable and easy. The fact that we finally have a cold channeling skill now is definitely going to spice things up! Thank you for keeping this updated. Let's hope winter orb is fabulous!

Starting with WI will be easier than ever, since you are going for cold right away. Freezing Pulse + Frost Bomb won't lose efficiency for a lot longer, so you can continue with them and Heart of Ice easily until at least Act 6 where you can quickly farm The Incantation in the Western Forest if you still don't have the staff by then. Chill and freeze are totally OP for leveling. And we already know that Winter Orb will be a decently strong leveling skill, as seen in that reddit video.
"
Bananaderson escribió:
All I want out of spoiler season is Winter Orb details, and they're not giving it me :(

If it does turn out to be garbage, do you think L1 scorching ray will still work as a "free" way to trigger it? Or possibly something like Lightning Tendrils for the crit chance or Blight for the hinder effect?

SR won't be good for the cold version because it doesn't hit and doesn't crit. Any other channelling skill that can hit and crit will be better when you don't need the -fire debuff. Blight and Wither don't hit and don't do anything else for us, so those 2 are out. Lightning Tendrils are too short range, they only hit targets near you. That leaves Storm Burst and Incinerate. But I don't see them being better than Winter Orb in any case. Even if WO is not really good, it will still hit and do something cold-themed.

GGG tend to overtune new skills first to generate more hype and adjust them later. I have high hopes for WO.
Good day everyone !

First, thanks to all of you for this build, posts and multiple answers over the few pages.
Special thanks to Kelvynn for the build and all your follow-up.

With your frost build, how do you sustain mana ?
Storm Burst costs 21 mana, when SR only 5.
THe 20% regen from Coldhearted node is enough ? Or could Clarity be a good levelling skill instead of Purity of Ice ?

Thanks and have a nice day!
Oillah
"
Alf0013 escribió:
Good day everyone !

First, thanks to all of you for this build, posts and multiple answers over the few pages.
Special thanks to Kelvynn for the build and all your follow-up.

With your frost build, how do you sustain mana ?
Storm Burst costs 21 mana, when SR only 5.
THe 20% regen from Coldhearted node is enough ? Or could Clarity be a good levelling skill instead of Purity of Ice ?

Thanks and have a nice day!
Oillah

Due to discussion, it was generally about using warlord's mark.
I think that considering so many multiple hits, we can get off with just some "gain mana on hit by spells" on rings.

I don't know about clarity, because our int so high, that our mana pool is equally high, so is our mana regeneration.
Base mana regeneration is 1.75% of mana pool, then it means we have natural mana regeneration of atleast 32 mana/sec.
Considering some of ours additional mana regeneration nodes like coldhearted, and bonus 0.5% mana regeneration from arcane surge - i actually think that we will not have any mana problem regardless. Well, ofcourse only if map don't have regeneration hindering.
Need testing, so hard to say right now.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 26 nov. 2018 20:08:49
I haven't checked my damage numbers other than my hideout which shows about 14k. Shaper was pretty easy. Used 4 portals on my first try and got him. Anything you'd change here? Any tips or recommendations? My ES is 8900 and INT is about 1730. Also does anyone know if unique flasks count towards the 3% INT gain on my ring? Oh and thanks for this awesome build again Kelvynn. I used the tri-curse WI some time ago and it was awesome then. Just had to change a few things when I came back.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kahnloc/characters
Editado por útlima vez por Kahnloc en 26 nov. 2018 21:57:08
"
Kahnloc escribió:
I haven't checked my damage numbers other than my hideout which shows about 14k. Shaper was pretty easy. Used 4 portals on my first try and got him. Anything you'd change here? Any tips or recommendations? My ES is 8900 and INT is about 1730. Also does anyone know if unique flasks count towards the 3% INT gain on my ring? Oh and thanks for this awesome build again Kelvynn. I used the tri-curse WI some time ago and it was awesome then. Just had to change a few things when I came back.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kahnloc/characters

Flasks and jewels don't count as "equipped uniques" in perandus signet.
Both of those rings are rather bad. Now that we have access to corruption +6% int, perandus signet isn't really worth their slot.
Le heup here is strange thing in any way, corrupted or not.
Helmet should probably be changed to just high ES one with 50+ int, and if possible with "-9% fire res to nearby enemies".
Boots only 15%, for a build that don't use movement skill for actual movement, it's rather bad.
Try to corrupt your cyclopean coil for additional 6% int (same with rings)
Considering absurd ES of your chest i will not say to change it, but now it's kind of part of the basic course, that when you have enough money - you buy shaper chest with 12% int on it.
Also, astramentis rather lacking. Not only it's on lower roll side, it's not corrupted too.

Truth be told, i don't know what to say in the first place, because i don't know your budget. Every single of your equipment tells that it's "starting pack", when you only start to form a character. And then i see that chest with several tens of exalts worth, flask that worth in exalts too. Do you have money, or you don't? :)

P.S. Also, can i ask something? Why do you have +30 str node in the bottom? If you have astramentis equipped, pretty sure that it's enough to get all requirement for gems.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 26 nov. 2018 22:25:15
I've gotten a lot of help from a friend that's been playing for a while. Some of the items and suggestions he helped me with and the rest was my doing. I still have a lot to learn for sure. Most of the stuff is leftover from when it was tri-curse. The strength node was probably leftover from when I needed it. That chest was the biggest currency sink I've ever had. Noob question but if I vaal the items you were talking about can it ruin them? Or just add an undesirable mod? Thanks for the suggestions.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Bananaderson escribió:

SR won't be good for the cold version because it doesn't hit and doesn't crit. Any other channelling skill that can hit and crit will be better when you don't need the -fire debuff. Blight and Wither don't hit and don't do anything else for us, so those 2 are out. Lightning Tendrils are too short range, they only hit targets near you. That leaves Storm Burst and Incinerate. But I don't see them being better than Winter Orb in any case. Even if WO is not really good, it will still hit and do something cold-themed.

GGG tend to overtune new skills first to generate more hype and adjust them later. I have high hopes for WO.

There is another channeling skill, i have tried. You can try to master the unpredictability (is this a word?? sorry english isnt my native language) of charged dash. Biggest point against using it, icestorm only drops in the path where you will move after releasing. I thought this could be usefull for map clearspeed, but i didn't like the playstyle with it.
Editado por útlima vez por ninuvas1977 en 27 nov. 2018 2:14:09

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional