[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Kahnloc escribió:
I've gotten a lot of help from a friend that's been playing for a while. Some of the items and suggestions he helped me with and the rest was my doing. I still have a lot to learn for sure. Most of the stuff is leftover from when it was tri-curse. The strength node was probably leftover from when I needed it. That chest was the biggest currency sink I've ever had. Noob question but if I vaal the items you were talking about can it ruin them? Or just add an undesirable mod? Thanks for the suggestions.

Vaaling items has a chance to destroy the item completely, a chance to reroll it (Which for a Unique will turn it into a Rare with random stats), a chance to do absolutely nothing at all and a chance to change the implicit mod (Which is what we want).

I think those are all an even chance, so, you have a 1/4 chance of getting the mod to change but the difficulty is that you don't get to pick what mod goes on, and there's only two that give %Int.

So you can Vaal the stuff yourself, but, it's a very very low chance to get the desirable outcome. You'll either have to invest in a lot of Rings until you get what you want, or keep an eye out on the market for a good ring that's already corrupted.

When Incursion is available, you're also able to use the Tier 3 Corruption Chamber to roll two corrupted mods on an item. Obviously the goal is to get both of the %Int outcomes at once, but that's incredibly low odds.
"
Zephryl escribió:
Vaaling items has a chance to destroy the item completely, a chance to reroll it (Which for a Unique will turn it into a Rare with random stats), a chance to do absolutely nothing at all and a chance to change the implicit mod (Which is what we want).

You can't completely "destroy" items by vaaling it, but random reroll into rare is usually considering this, cause undesirable outcome still plummet its monetary worth to zero.

Items can be destroyed only in new incursion "double corruption"
"
Kahnloc escribió:
Noob question but if I vaal the items you were talking about can it ruin them? Or just add an undesirable mod? Thanks for the suggestions.

It can and it most probably will ruin them. It's just that rings as part of our equipment isn't that expensive, so we can sacrifice them (but don't vaal your current rings, it would be waste anyway, if you hit jackpot). You just sink currency until jackpot, and then that item will become completely insane.
If you don't like vaaling it yourself, you can try to buy already vaaled version, cause +6% int is only good for quite a limited number of builds, so it can be considered as "fail vaal" by someone.
Well, not really as long as HOWA build still popular, if HOWA will be gone - certainly.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 27 nov. 2018 5:29:20
"
Med1umentor escribió:

You can't completely "destroy" items by vaaling it, but random reroll into rare is usually considering this, cause undesirable outcome still plummet its monetary worth to zero.

My bad, I haven't manually Vaal'd stuff for a while. The other option I was thinking of is the White Socket Colouring, which is the same as "Nothing" for the vast majority of Rings.

Actually, can you even roll that on socketless items or do the chances of the other results change accordingly?
Anybody craft their own gear starter early league? Seems like the best options are:

- Dense fossils (More ES mods)
- Essence of Woe (+Max ES)
- Essence of Spite (+Int)

Or is it just better to pick up rares from the market? What about self-crafting high-end lategame gear? Essence of Spite can guarantee 50+ Int, but they can be expensive.
"
Bananaderson escribió:
Anybody craft their own gear starter early league? Seems like the best options are:

Or is it just better to pick up rares from the market? What about self-crafting high-end lategame gear? Essence of Spite can guarantee 50+ Int, but they can be expensive.

If you happen to find them during leveling - sure, why not, use them on whatever random drops. Other than that, it's much easier to just buy semi-decent rares. Unless you are in SSF.

For the endgame gear, there is a post from me a few pages back describing exactly how to craft it with fossils.

Essences are completely obsoleted now, at least for this build. Fossils are the way to go.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Bananaderson escribió:

If you happen to find them during leveling - sure, why not, use them on whatever random drops. Other than that, it's much easier to just buy semi-decent rares. Unless you are in SSF.

For the endgame gear, there is a post from me a few pages back describing exactly how to craft it with fossils.

Essences are completely obsoleted now, at least for this build. Fossils are the way to go.

Found it back on page 189, which was before I started following this thread. Thanks!
WM is back, and I almost forgot how good it was back in the day. Endurance charges, stuns, super long Immortal Call...

ES recharge on Chimera is happening again. Just like the good old days! :)
"
Kelvynn escribió:
WM is back, and I almost forgot how good it was back in the day. Endurance charges, stuns, super long Immortal Call...

That video was done before the Watcher's Eye was introduced, so no instant ES on hit, right? How is your regen so instant, I believe normal leech isn't so fast now.

Or was it back when Vaal Pact gave instant regen?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

That video was done before the Watcher's Eye was introduced, so no instant ES on hit, right? How is your regen so instant, I believe normal leech isn't so fast now.

Or was it back when Vaal Pact gave instant regen?

You can see in the title of the video [2.5]. In 2.5 version vaal pact granted instant leech without any limit, so that build was pretty much invulnerable as long as it hit something.
Vaal pact was changed actually not so long ago, only in 3.1 patch.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 28 nov. 2018 15:14:01
Yeah that was back before VP, CI and ES in general were nerfed. This build was pretty much indestructable, although the DPS was a lot lower.

That video reminded me about another thing from those days: we had the old Pyre ring with 100% cold to fire conversion (before it was nerfed to 40%), didn't need AoF and could use Atziri's Promise. And now we can use it again! I totally forgot about that flask.

Come on, GGG, reveal the details on Winter Orb already! Can't wait!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional