[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

While there's nothing wrong with the guide as listed, there's a lot of talk about transitioning the build from fire damage to cold damage, using the new Winter Orb to trigger Icestorm instead of Scorching Ray. We don't have any real info about Winter Orb, so a lot is still up in the air until next week.

On a fresh league, you'll still need to create a throwaway Witch character to get Arcane Surge and Freezing Pulse for a Scion.
Hi All,

Just as an idea, I don't know if it possible yet, so please forgive me if it is a silly idea.
What about the Winter Orb with Critical and the use of the reworked Cast On Critical ?
The Blizzard may pop less often due to the cooldown, but I believe it could be interesting ?
Do you think it can be doable ?

Thanks !
Cheers !
"
Alf0013 escribió:
Hi All,

Just as an idea, I don't know if it possible yet, so please forgive me if it is a silly idea.
What about the Winter Orb with Critical and the use of the reworked Cast On Critical ?
The Blizzard may pop less often due to the cooldown, but I believe it could be interesting ?
Do you think it can be doable ?

Thanks !
Cheers !

Nah, there is no way.
Our staff itself is major limiting factor, it doesn't have any crit, and doesn't allow shield/2nd hand etc
Winter orb don't really have that much of a numbers of hits. Cooldown is actually not an issue at all, because it's smaller than "cooldown" of CwC anyway. The problem is - crit.
If we will adapt our tree to crit, it will reduce our damage atleast by half, and that was quite optimistic estimation. And that still will not bring our crit to good enough height to be consistent.

If you ask if it would be doable? Sure, absolutely anything is doable, that's why meme build exists. But if you ask if that abomination would be able to contend with pure WI? Answer is no.
New support might be interesting if the build were to go for cold damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2254096
Editado por útlima vez por Lirhtim en 30 nov. 2018 19:18:43
"
New support might be interesting if the build were to go for cold damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2254096

Yeah this could be very interesting, especially since a lot of the Cold-Over-Time stuff seems to be adding to the tree naturally, could be a really nice buff for us if it works well.
It seems cool at first, but I think it's worse than all of our other supports. The main problem is with the way chill works against bosses. The chill from hits is based on the hit damage as a % of total life, and this build does lots of small hits really fast, so we'll never chill bosses.

Icestorm also leaves chilled ground, and that chills for a minimum of 10%, but that's a whole support gem for just 10% increased damage taken. I think that's ultimately worse than Hypothermia or Cold Pen.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chill
Bonechill is not strong enough to replace Hypothermia or Cold Pen. Even if the boss constantly hits you and gets chilled for 30% by AA, with 25% increased effect of chill from Heart of Ice that's still only 37.5% which could compete with Cold Pen depending on the situation. But it would be a lot less useful against the enemies that aren't constantly hitting you.
"
hlp811 escribió:
I am interested in trying out this build in the next league. Will your lvling guide still be relevant when the new league comes out? Will be my first int based character too. :P

I'll try to update the build (including the leveling guide) before the release day, based on what we get in the Winter Orb reveal and the patch notes.

I'm pretty much set on switching to cold damage and 2 curses. Just pondering if I should make a new thread for it or not. The current fire damage version should still be fully functional. Nothing wrong with playing it in 3.5.
"
Bananaderson escribió:
While there's nothing wrong with the guide as listed, there's a lot of talk about transitioning the build from fire damage to cold damage, using the new Winter Orb to trigger Icestorm instead of Scorching Ray. We don't have any real info about Winter Orb, so a lot is still up in the air until next week.

On a fresh league, you'll still need to create a throwaway Witch character to get Arcane Surge and Freezing Pulse for a Scion.

Oh, good point. I will remember to do that.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
I'll try to update the build (including the leveling guide) before the release day, based on what we get in the Winter Orb reveal and the patch notes.

I'm pretty much set on switching to cold damage and 2 curses. Just pondering if I should make a new thread for it or not. The current fire damage version should still be fully functional. Nothing wrong with playing it in 3.5.

Oh i see, does this mean the cold version performs better? Well then I guess I will have a week to decide if I want to go the cold or fire version. =P
"
hlp811 escribió:
Oh i see, does this mean the cold version performs better? Well then I guess I will have a week to decide if I want to go the cold or fire version. =P

It remains to be seen how it performs in this particular league. Depending on what we end up doing a lot.

For example, one of the arguments in favor of the cold version for me is the return of Incursion. Hearld of Ice should be more useful for clearing incursions than Herald of Fire. Also, deep in the Delves in the current league you are much safer with cold (chill, freeze) than with fire.

On the other hand, fire does more damage, and SR is a very convenient channelling skill.

A whole lot depends on Winter Orb: is it easy to use? does it do good dps? does it have some additional useful effects? We will know soon enough. If it's a decent dps skill on its own and can be channelled as smoothly as SR then it should definitely make the cold version better.

You don't need to wait though. You can start playing one or the other version and switch at any time later. The difference is just several tree nodes and skill gems.

The cold version will be more beginner friendly. More straightforward leveling, more safety. You won't feel the (theoretical) lack of dps compared to the fire version until the very top content.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 1 dic. 2018 0:54:06

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional