[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
Chridian escribió:
Delve is here and no new league is complete without atleast carelessly whispering a few ices.
I have to ask before I venture out on this magnificent leveling adventure as Kelvynns build always is, how does it fare in the darkness where all the proverbial good stuff is located, I see streams where leech builds do quite well with that but I had trouble visualizing how a CI build would do that.
I mean venture out off the beaten track to farm those fossiles and whatnot.
Other than that, I am thoroughly looking forward to leveling yet another whispering ice, it has always proven to be a solid all-arounder! :D

Farm up azurite for darkness resistance and no problem, is fine as any other build. Not good, not bad, phase run ->adrenaline flask -> go!

I think best thing here would be highly mobile life-based character with absurd life regeneration, but i don't think that they will differ much, considering that darkness stacking pretty fast, so absurd regeneration will help only first couple of seconds.
I think best idea right now are "queen of the forest" builds, for obvious reason :)

Phase run flask is a good idea thank you for that, and yeah queen of the forest phase run with ferrari speed modifiers will probably do best but thats not my cup of tea, I'm glad its not any worse than other builds, suppose that's all I wanted to know, I'll keep farming some upgrades on my league starter so that my whispering icer can get off to a pleasant and smooth start :D
"
Chridian escribió:
"
Med1umentor escribió:
"
Chridian escribió:
Delve is here and no new league is complete without atleast carelessly whispering a few ices.
I have to ask before I venture out on this magnificent leveling adventure as Kelvynns build always is, how does it fare in the darkness where all the proverbial good stuff is located, I see streams where leech builds do quite well with that but I had trouble visualizing how a CI build would do that.
I mean venture out off the beaten track to farm those fossiles and whatnot.
Other than that, I am thoroughly looking forward to leveling yet another whispering ice, it has always proven to be a solid all-arounder! :D

Farm up azurite for darkness resistance and no problem, is fine as any other build. Not good, not bad, phase run ->adrenaline flask -> go!

I think best thing here would be highly mobile life-based character with absurd life regeneration, but i don't think that they will differ much, considering that darkness stacking pretty fast, so absurd regeneration will help only first couple of seconds.
I think best idea right now are "queen of the forest" builds, for obvious reason :)

Phase run flask is a good idea thank you for that, and yeah queen of the forest phase run with ferrari speed modifiers will probably do best but thats not my cup of tea, I'm glad its not any worse than other builds, suppose that's all I wanted to know, I'll keep farming some upgrades on my league starter so that my whispering icer can get off to a pleasant and smooth start :D

If anything that build have worse - it is sadly CI. No emergency flask here, but as i said before darkness stacking really fast, so if you are stacked long enough to about to die, flask will give you only 1 sec or so. That's why i don't think that difference would be that much, it all comes to how good you can throw flares and how fast at picking up the loot.
We do have an emergency flask: Vaal Discipline. It takes 0.5s to cast, but it's saved my life many times.
"
NoImagination escribió:
We do have an emergency flask: Vaal Discipline. It takes 0.5s to cast, but it's saved my life many times.

Yeah, just flask is more "user friendly", if you understand what i mean :)
As life you can just pop up flask at the start to be on full health for quite some time, and still have tons of charges. Vaal discipline is emergency button, you are not going to use it same way.
I'm playing different build right now, and as occultist and his own "mini vaal discipline" ascendancy i always activate it before going into darkness. I'm quite uncomfortable when i start to lose health right from the start.
Sorry that offtopic, but don't know where else to ask...

Just entered my first map, it luckily was with breach. I did it, and it randomly dropped xoph's heart.
I checked the price without really thinking that it cost anything more than couple of chaos... and price were 8.9 exa... wtf?
Since when this amu cost so much? or is it because this league full of fire builds or something?
Just sold it for 8.5exa, and looking on number of whispers to me at that time, it was quite rock bottom... I'm really confused. Rich and confused.

P.S. Wow, now zana let you choose daily mission. Never heard about that.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 6 sept. 2018 11:34:23
"
Med1umentor escribió:

Just entered my first map, it luckily was with breach. I did it, and it randomly dropped xoph's heart.
I checked the price without really thinking that it cost anything more than couple of chaos... and price were 8.9 exa... wtf?

Gratz now you can afford the REAL upgrades (the % increased intelligence ones...)!

Let me recommend https://poe.ninja to everyone that doesn't already know about it.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 6 sept. 2018 14:20:44

Very fun build although it can be a bit squishy before you transition into CI... after the transition it really starts to shine, though.

I would be wary of playing this if you don't have a decent computer, especially if you plan on using spell cascade (which I would recommend). The blinding part is quite literal, your entire screen will be white shards of raining death, and I would bet with a weaker system it will become a slide show. I threw on a Doedre's elixir for the hell of it and its proven to synergize quite well, surprisingly. the endurance charges are especially nice, making for a longer IC, higher phys mitigation, and helps ease the clunkiness of vigilant strike. The hit to ES on use hasn't proven to be an issue, I usually fire it before engaging a group or mid channel, as the leech rapidly tops you off.

I also leveled my Scorching ray and have it 4 linked, as I've not experienced any mana issues whatsoever as described in the original post.
Doedre's elixir seems interesting, but don't you get better protection by using either basalt + jade + stibnite than two of those (or quartz) + 1 endurance charge & longer IC?
"
NoImagination escribió:
Doedre's elixir seems interesting, but don't you get better protection by using either basalt + jade + stibnite than two of those (or quartz) + 1 endurance charge & longer IC?

Possibly, but it also provides multiple dps benefits and movement speed. I've not really experimented with any other options, it seems to work well enough atm.
"
Med1umentor escribió:
The problem is that every fossil need to be "crafted", which makes it really difficult to craft normally "in a bulk".
Also, those who know how to tame darkness have stash full of those. Those who don't know have only a couple without much of a chance to get more.

Just watched pohx video about how he run those side areas... damn, even if i would be able to do that, game will not let me, cause i don't even have pc to run game normally, playing on Nvidia Now service, lol
Let alone imposibility of clicking with accuracy, they don't even let you use your own lootfilter T_T

I'm still learning this league mechanics, by trial and error. However, doing the dark areas is no longer a problem for me at all.

1. Max the flare number (12).
2. Upgrade flare duration to whatever you are comfortable with (I have 20s).
3. Keep the flare light radius at max (150%). Keep the crawler light radius at 100%+ too.
4. Keep the darkness resistance at max (75%).
5. Quicksilver flask is your friend.

And don't pay much attention to what streamers do. Some of their methods work only for them.

If I knew in advance, I would prioritize digging deeper into the delve and only taking azurite rooms along the main path down. I wasted a lot of time by branching out to explore 'interesting' rooms. But they are not worth it, at least at lower depths. Going deeper sooner is also great for xp.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional