[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

I am so sad that all my thinking about the new crafting system was right. :-( i tried 2 with abyssal socket and endet with bullshit.

if someone nows some infos i dont have how to optimize then i will give it another try. but as i see it now its crap.

also videos from mathil ziz or other streamers dont get better results.
"
MalakAlhaq escribió:
Hi, im playing with a Curse Support so the 6-Link Chest isn't mandatory with surce on hit for me.. any suggestions for it?

Just take out the curse gems and have it as CWDT - BL - Blind - Combustion. It's still a great defensive/offensive link. If you want to make it 5L, add Culling Strike.
"
ellicious escribió:
Hey, just want to let you know that I really love your guide. Seriously, it's one of the most detailed and helpful guides on this site. I have tried this build and realized that the mechanics of scorching ray and the need to use flame dash are not my cup of tea, as I'd very much prefer speed. And I dunno if I was doing something wrong, but I was too squishy and low in DPS at lvl 45 to clear delves effortlessly. Must be the lack of gear though.

If only staves can effectively use leap slam...

At lv 45 the build is far from complete. You are not going to stay at that level for long. As far as Delves go, you need at least 5S staff so that you can add Spell Cascade to the base 4 gems. It works wonders for trash clearing.

We don't have much attack speed for Leap Slam. It's an option though, if you support it with Faster Attacks and use Silver flasks.

Generally, this build uses movement speed for movement: 30 ms boots + 70 ms Quicksilver flasks.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 5 sept. 2018 19:43:11
"
NoImagination escribió:
Watcher's Eye really helps a lot with face tanking stuff.

Also effectively using Vigilant Strike is important, plus of course flasks. I try to quicksilver, run up to boss, thunk him in the face with my staff, then ice storm with my 3 defensive flasks stacked.

Watcher's Eye helps against multiple enemies like trash in high tier maps or Delves. Against bosses it's a minor help.

VS, AA and Blind (or Stibnite flask) are the main helpers against bosses.
"
swift9 escribió:
Quick question, I have a 5 linked staff. I'm using Scorching Ray, cast while channeling, life leech, cold to fire, and spell cascade. Watching your video of malachai you never lost any health and face tanked him. I almost died numerous times as it doesn't seem like my life leech is working. Anything I'm overlooking here?

Edit- yes, I do have vaal pact passive.

Malachai? You are probably missing some defensive links in your early gear. CWDT - IC - Enfeeble, Orb - Blind. Those things are great.

Oh, and for bosses you want CE, not SC.

And you may also be lacking Int = damage = leech. Make sure you at least put Fertile Mind into the socket between Scion and Duelist. In my video I had Astramentis as well, although in this league I leveled with Carnage Heart until lv 70.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 5 sept. 2018 19:30:04
"
NoImagination escribió:
I don't think fossil crafting is going to be amazing for us. I tried one with abyssal mod, lucky rolls, speed mod, ES mod and realised that you mostly get trash out. Seems to me this is something to do once we've hit our 'normal' end game gear and don't want to spend 70ex on an upgrade, a situation I was literally in last season.

I don't know... There are some amazing items for sale already, clearly fossil crafted. For example, a 778 ES 52 INT regalia has just appeared for sale today...

Perhaps we just need to figure out a good method.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
NoImagination escribió:
I don't think fossil crafting is going to be amazing for us. I tried one with abyssal mod, lucky rolls, speed mod, ES mod and realised that you mostly get trash out. Seems to me this is something to do once we've hit our 'normal' end game gear and don't want to spend 70ex on an upgrade, a situation I was literally in last season.

I don't know... There are some amazing items for sale already, clearly fossil crafted. For example, a 778 ES 52 INT regalia has just appeared for sale today...

Perhaps we just need to figure out a good method.

The problem is that every fossil need to be "crafted", which makes it really difficult to craft normally "in a bulk".
Also, those who know how to tame darkness have stash full of those. Those who don't know have only a couple without much of a chance to get more.

Just watched pohx video about how he run those side areas... damn, even if i would be able to do that, game will not let me, cause i don't even have pc to run game normally, playing on Nvidia Now service, lol
Let alone imposibility of clicking with accuracy, they don't even let you use your own lootfilter T_T
1. Thx for this nice Guide and Build. It's my first CI Char and i like it. Now Lvl 78 and on my way 2 Uberlab :) Delve is fine, but Sideways are a little bit meh ... need 2 learn it :)

2. Can any of u look at my gear and gimme some ideas what i should upgrade first?

Yeah, the Helm need a 4th Socket (blue) so that i can sock Discipline there and add arcane Surge 2 my Flamedash / Orb of Storms setup (haven't vorici 4 ... :-/)
resis r capped, Gems need lvl and quality ... let me know what u think :)
Delve is here and no new league is complete without atleast carelessly whispering a few ices.
I have to ask before I venture out on this magnificent leveling adventure as Kelvynns build always is, how does it fare in the darkness where all the proverbial good stuff is located, I see streams where leech builds do quite well with that but I had trouble visualizing how a CI build would do that.
I mean venture out off the beaten track to farm those fossiles and whatnot.
Other than that, I am thoroughly looking forward to leveling yet another whispering ice, it has always proven to be a solid all-arounder! :D
"
Chridian escribió:
Delve is here and no new league is complete without atleast carelessly whispering a few ices.
I have to ask before I venture out on this magnificent leveling adventure as Kelvynns build always is, how does it fare in the darkness where all the proverbial good stuff is located, I see streams where leech builds do quite well with that but I had trouble visualizing how a CI build would do that.
I mean venture out off the beaten track to farm those fossiles and whatnot.
Other than that, I am thoroughly looking forward to leveling yet another whispering ice, it has always proven to be a solid all-arounder! :D

Farm up azurite for darkness resistance and no problem, is fine as any other build. Not good, not bad, phase run ->adrenaline flask -> go!

I think best thing here would be highly mobile life-based character with absurd life regeneration, but i don't think that they will differ much, considering that darkness stacking pretty fast, so absurd regeneration will help only first couple of seconds.
I think best idea right now are "queen of the forest" builds, for obvious reason :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional