[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

ST mana leech seems to be starting to get sustained with my "new" shield and SlowProj (tooltip around 14k, i think). So far so good, ST damage though is still very much lacking.
Is there a reason why we don't use Elemental Focus other then the curse on hit setup with herald of ice? Damage wise it is a huge gain and against bosses we can't generate power charges reliably through it.

Right now (lvl 51) SST is starting to feel really good but that's probably partly because I just got a 900AR shield which is pretty hefty boost. I can now almost sustain SST through mana leech and clearing trash mobs is pretty fast. Bosses still feel a bit clunky but it's not that painful anymore.
Struggling a little bit in the late 50s early 60s. The period between shield upgrades is harsh but gets better over time. I think the biggest thing especially with a new season is the lack of life/life nodes but I am just now finding my way over to the STR section. With Fork and Damage on Full Life support I believe my sheet DPS is showing something along the lines of 4.5 - 5k. Still a little low but I assume it can only go up from here (it would help if I had jewels lul)

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Daresso's Courage seems to be my best option currently. It has some nice bonus stats while also having high evasion + armor.

Thanks again for putting this together. I feel like that watcher's eye will not be easy to come by on Season though so Reinvesting in non conversion nodes until then may net a better overall outcome but ill mess around with it and post results.

"
qazqazqaz escribió:
ST mana leech seems to be starting to get sustained with my "new" shield and SlowProj (tooltip around 14k, i think). So far so good, ST damage though is still very much lacking.

And after u get raider ascendancy, it will become a broblem again. With onslaught and full frenzy mine 40+-k isn`t enough cuz of huge burst of attackspeed.
"
Anfaril escribió:
"
qazqazqaz escribió:

And after u get raider ascendancy, it will become a broblem again. With onslaught and full frenzy mine 40+-k isn`t enough cuz of huge burst of attackspeed.

Throw mana leech on your gloves at haku and see if that helps - this is another reason why I use blood magic gem in my whirling blades. I did the same thing in talisman with my spectral throw DoT build at the time.

Additionally, spec out of Fangs of Frost and Primeval Force (I've since updated the trees). These nodes show that they bring GG damage in PoB, but in game I don't think we actually benefit from these. The pen does show up on the skill as "with weapons", but we don't deal damage with weapons.

I tested this with chance to bleed gem

Chance to bleed gives ZERO damage to us because of the wording "with weapons", which leads me to believe that the pen involving the word "weapons" doesn't benefit us either.

I also confirmed my suspicion by adding chance to bleed gem in PoB - yes it gives us damage in PoB but not in game.

In short, PoB is erroneously bringing us damage numbers with this skill that involves "with weapons", but in game that's not the case.

I've also changed the positioning of Might of the Meek. Put it in the jewel socket by the scion start by the res nodes. This gives us all the same damage benefits, and more life from the scion life wheel.

Good shield! After level 77, the possibility of using gloomfang and shaper dagger would give a very nice damage boost as well. I just looked at cost of gloomfang in leauge though and it's really expensive. They are just 1c here in standard because there are so many. I except the price is only so high in league because there are so few atm. Just like everything else, it'll go down for sure.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Editado por útlima vez por Ahfack en 4 mar. 2018 8:08:30
"
Blackdreams1011 escribió:
Struggling a little bit in the late 50s early 60s. The period between shield upgrades is harsh but gets better over time. I think the biggest thing especially with a new season is the lack of life/life nodes but I am just now finding my way over to the STR section. With Fork and Damage on Full Life support I believe my sheet DPS is showing something along the lines of 4.5 - 5k. Still a little low but I assume it can only go up from here (it would help if I had jewels lul)

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but Daresso's Courage seems to be my best option currently. It has some nice bonus stats while also having high evasion + armor.

Thanks again for putting this together. I feel like that watcher's eye will not be easy to come by on Season though so Reinvesting in non conversion nodes until then may net a better overall outcome but ill mess around with it and post results.

Looks like Daresso's Courage can get upwards 590~ combined eva/arm. I would actually recommend Atziri's Mirror because you can equip it at level 54 and it can get up to 992 eva rating which is pretty solid. Curse reflect, 30 allres, and 60 int. Really good mods for us as well.

List of unique shields are here and you can sort by eva/arm etc...:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_shields

And yeah jewels help a lot! However, there is a bug where "attack speed while holding a shield" isn't giving us attack speed, and I've submitted a bug report on it.

Yes, let us know! :) Thanks for posting
"
Shiroco escribió:
Is there a reason why we don't use Elemental Focus other then the curse on hit setup with herald of ice? Damage wise it is a huge gain and against bosses we can't generate power charges reliably through it.

Right now (lvl 51) SST is starting to feel really good but that's probably partly because I just got a 900AR shield which is pretty hefty boost. I can now almost sustain SST through mana leech and clearing trash mobs is pretty fast. Bosses still feel a bit clunky but it's not that painful anymore.

Yes, for mapping we can't use Elemental Focus because we want that shatter/freeze to quickly kill enemies and protect us from things like porcupines. However, I'm still changing the gems around for bossing, and we can totally use Elemental Focus on bosses.

For mapping, I wear lightpoacher with gems in there to scale the projectiles:

Along with Gloomfang for the chain so I can use my shaper stat-stick-dagger instead of Ewar's (huge damage boost for endgame):

For bosses, I will take out inc crit strikes and put in ele focus, wear a stark's with ancestral protector enchant that has power charge on crit/orb of storms setup. This allows us to set the orb once and quickly get 3 power charges:

Still tweaking the build, but starting to get more damage out of it as time goes on.
About to kill Kitava after doing merc lab (and failing multiple times, duh), going good. Took slayer in merc lab.

Not sure where to go from here, life I suppose? Not much in terms of shield upgrades, poetrade has few better shields than mine (like 400 armor tops) that cost huge amount at this stage.
Has anyone tested how point blank feels with SST? I think I've read a dev response that chained or forked projectiles are a continuation of the projectile. That means point blank would reduce that damage further. I guess against bosses you could play like you're playing a melee attack build but this is a bit clunky with a default ranged skill. Till now I've not taken it because of that. Has anyone here tried it without GG gear?
"
qazqazqaz escribió:
About to kill Kitava after doing merc lab (and failing multiple times, duh), going good. Took slayer in merc lab.

Not sure where to go from here, life I suppose? Not much in terms of shield upgrades, poetrade has few better shields than mine (like 400 armor tops) that cost huge amount at this stage.

I'd say your shield is really solid. If you ever feel squishy, you could consider lioneyes remorse shield. They provide a gang of life with 1.7k armour.

On your tree finish out thick skin, take bravery and the life node on the other side of it then start either getting jewels or finish out that scion life wheel.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional