3.1 Frost Wind Ascendant (White Wind Frost Blades) HC red map viable #CURRENTLY UPDATING FOR 3.5

A question for those who have gotten a bit further than I:

Have you found any single-target options that are better than either Frost Blades or Molten Strike?

Any reports for those other Ascendancy choices? Working out well, problematic, similar?

Lastly, if I just can't get a six-link Belly, or six-link anything for that matter, and am going to have to four-link my single-target option (Molten sSike), what's the best way to make room for that? ie: What should I be sure to keep and what should I dump, skillgem-wise? (If I even need to keep Molten Strike or change to something else?)
I really hate to leave this here but I feel it is very necessary.

This is one of the worst guides I have ever had to look through. I'm a new/returning player and having to decipher all of the lingo and just the general cluttered layout of the OP is unfortunate.

Now I understand that I will most likely get a lot of heat for even complaining, BUT if you plan on posting a build it would go a long way making it more user friendly. I think this build is amazing, and I did figure out what I needed to know, however I would recommend cleaning it up.

I'm a huge fan and would hate to see other people turn away from such a fun build just for its flaws in post layout.

I would recommend looking at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627803
or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931084

as examples of user friendly build posts

again the only thing I want to come out of this is for more people to enjoy the build.

glhf

"
Sorry for the bad formatting, will update that soon :)
That's that, have a wonderful day and see you all in a future build post :)

just saw this and am now eating crow :.(

feels bad man
"
Drewsephski escribió:
"
Sorry for the bad formatting, will update that soon :)
That's that, have a wonderful day and see you all in a future build post :)

just saw this and am now eating crow :.(

feels bad man

:)

At least you didn't let it marinate overnight before eating it.. (It tastes much worse when you do that. <--- Experience) ;)
Already bought a max dmg rolled White Wind and tomorrow I'll start to level that build as my 2nd char in Bestiary League.

Ever thought of using Mark of the Elder ring together with a shaper based ring? Or 2x Mark of the Elder for to be stun immune against attacks? Would also be kind of a "Baby Belly", since two of those rings provide 20% increased max life!

Another thing which came in my mind were the Southbound gloves. Solid 16% increased max life with max roll and nice flat cold dmg on top. The downside to be able to kill enemies only when they are frozen could be countered with chance to freeze (as a non crit build then) or by freeze immune foes to let the golem do the dirty work as a "finisher", maybe linked to Culling Strike.

I also wonder if it would be viable to play the whole buils as Witch, for additional Cold Penetration on top with a nice buffed HoI which reserves less mana as well. Btw, the Southbound gloves also buff HoI alot! :)

For amulet I thought of using the Breach drop one or the cold version of Impresence for a free Frosbite aura on top.

So far my thoughts about the build! :)
Editado por útlima vez por haGrOck en 16 mar. 2018 13:44:47
Hi loving the build so far but i have a question in regards to the Wise oak.

How does the flask effect anything if you have capped all resistances?
"
UzumakiJin escribió:
Hi loving the build so far but i have a question in regards to the Wise oak.

How does the flask effect anything if you have capped all resistances?

Wording on the flask is a bit misleading. "Uncapped" means "overcapped". Which means for lowest overcapped resistance you'll get the defensive buff for that element, for highest overcapped resistance the penetration buff for that element. And if you can work out that all of your resistances have exactly the same overcap (like all res are on 157%, it's about the value in brackets), then you'll get the defensive buff for all three elements and the penetration buff for all three Elements. ;-)
"
Superlube escribió:
Due to this build being heavily reliant on ele damage, this build would work great using the Templar Inquisitor Ascendancy instead. My passive tree adjustments below:

Build 1 - Inquis + Slayer
https://pastebin.com/Wws6P6gN
Without any reduction to defense, this build took the OPs DPS from 172k to 201k.

Build 2 - Inquis + Ass (/wo Val Pact)
https://pastebin.com/5sVPEn6H
This build takes a minor defense hit (It's truly minor) for a massive DPS boost. 278k DPS!

This is theoretical using PoB but i'm going to give Build 2 a go and I'll let you know how it goes.

Where is your Onslaught coming from? You account for it as a buff, but I'm not seeing a source. Maybe I'm just dumb though....
In the base build, it's suggested one try to get it as an affix on an Abyssal gem, as in "% chance to gain Onslaught on kill."
"
Morkonan escribió:
In the base build, it's suggested one try to get it as an affix on an Abyssal gem, as in "% chance to gain Onslaught on kill."

I get that, but in the POB's that Superlube posted there is no onslaught on gear/jewel/flask. It is no where to be found. Just questioning if his plan was onslaught on a jewel like the original and just forgot it.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional