[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Shaghar escribió:

thoughts on this chest as a option ?

Fine enough for the 6L and defense, but you don't gain a ton otherwise. If you're running the Cold conversion then the Physical Attack Damage won't gain you any leech iirc, unless they've changed things since I last played.

On the subject of the Crit variant of this build, is it superior than RT Axe? Going to respec into it sometime this week. Likely will even if it's even with RT Axe, I just like the idea of Crits. I like your build btw, blackdeath101. Having more survivability is nice comfort for entering higher tiers until you can build your gear up. I might give it a go.
Love this Build. One of the best i played so far.

Can someone help me and look over my character what to improve next. Kind of clueless at the moment.

Char Name is Mitsch_Cyclone

Thanks guys
"
Mitsch287 escribió:
Can someone help me and look over my character what to improve next. Kind of clueless at the moment.

Never a bad thing to grab all the nodes in the HP Wheel / Constitution, especially for higher-end content.
"
Entw1ne escribió:
On the subject of the Crit variant of this build, is it superior than RT Axe? Going to respec into it sometime this week. Likely will even if it's even with RT Axe, I just like the idea of Crits. I like your build btw, blackdeath101. Having more survivability is nice comfort for entering higher tiers until you can build your gear up. I might give it a go.

I was definitely happy with my switch. I think it cost me like 30-50 Regret Orbs to convert from the upper 80 RT axe build, but I was higher level than you and had more passives to remove from up beyond RT.

Things to consider before switching:
1. Get a 5L or 6L Terminus unless you get lucky with Loreweave 6L.
2. Look into Tempered Flesh in the jewel slot near RT. 70% crit multi is not bad with eventual vial upgrade if you farm Temple enough.
3. Onslaught proc since we're no longer axes for clear speed. You'll want a Diamond flask so Silver Flask is an option, but hard to give up some of the Unique flasks. There are passives and abyss jewels that are options as well.
4. Impact vs Bane debate. Bane is going to be the faster option since it stacks with Onslaught and the culling is nice for bosses. But Impact adds accuracy, MORE damage modifier, and the almost and beyond screen size AoE shenanigans. If you just want to hold right-click and spin to the end, Bane + Onslaught will be faster. Leap Slam + Impact can be a slightly different playstyle. Both 100% viable.
"
blackdeath101 escribió:

I was definitely happy with my switch. I think it cost me like 30-50 Regret Orbs to convert from the upper 80 RT axe build, but I was higher level than you and had more passives to remove from up beyond RT.

Things to consider before switching:
1. Get a 5L or 6L Terminus unless you get lucky with Loreweave 6L.
2. Look into Tempered Flesh in the jewel slot near RT. 70% crit multi is not bad with eventual vial upgrade if you farm Temple enough.
3. Onslaught proc since we're no longer axes for clear speed. You'll want a Diamond flask so Silver Flask is an option, but hard to give up some of the Unique flasks. There are passives and abyss jewels that are options as well.
4. Impact vs Bane debate. Bane is going to be the faster option since it stacks with Onslaught and the culling is nice for bosses. But Impact adds accuracy, MORE damage modifier, and the almost and beyond screen size AoE shenanigans. If you just want to hold right-click and spin to the end, Bane + Onslaught will be faster. Leap Slam + Impact can be a slightly different playstyle. Both 100% viable.

Yeah, I believe I calculated I'd need around 28 but I have 10 respec points so 18. I'd have more, but I respec'd 2 of my Ascendancy points and didn't realize they cost 5 each. Swore it was 1 like normal points, but I haven't played in awhile so.. Either way, it's doable.

1. I got a really nice Loreweave for cheap, though it's low on Crit Chance since I was grabbing it with RT Axes in mind. I think trying to get one with 15-20% more would be negligible to what I might have to lose on it so I'll try my luck with the one I have. Got a nice Terminus after shopping for several days, 256% Phys / 73% Crit for 3c.
2. Yeah, I saw that when looking over your build. Never seen it before, but looks great for this for sure.
3. I'll do that, don't quite have my flasks settled but might by the time I respec so we'll see.
4. I had Impact after asking about it the other day, but I respec'd to test out Headsman not realizing it cost 5 per point so I'm still sitting on the Headsman/Bane route hahaha. Once my currency situation is more settled I'll play around with it.

I greatly appreciate the responses and insight, man. Truly. Yourself, Muirey, fiendish, everyone has been very helpful and I'm sure I'll ask about more in the near-future. Thanks again :)
Editado por útlima vez por Entw1ne en 1 jul. 2019 18:25:53
"
Entw1ne escribió:
I greatly appreciate the responses and insight, man. Truly. Yourself, Muirey, fiendish, everyone has been very helpful and I'm sure I'll ask about more in the near-future. Thanks again :)

Hello from Italy and I agree fully! I am very happy to have the insight and comments from people playing various different versions of the builds. I appreciate all the helpful answers and advice you guys are giving while I am away and unable to answer myself. Thank you all so much! ;)

On sword vs ax and rt vs crit... after trying all of them out I would say that sword crit tends to be the easier to build around and if you use the herald of ice setup it has the most “flare”. I have done shaper easily with terminus est and not really a good build for bossing(very glass cannon). After moving to a 7-link sword or axe I feel like both axe and sword would feel the same but because of the passive nodes sword lend itself to crit more.

The nice thing about RT builds is you don’t need to pick up any accuracy passives or crit passives. I was playing a passive tree for abit with RT axe that had 218% life on passive tree which gave me just under 7k life in league gear. In PoB with koams heart and a few improvements it was almost 9k if I recall correctly. Damage was still great but with that high of a life pool your leech rate skyrockets.

I think all ways of playing the build are great and because of the new passive tree rework allow you to further focus your passive tree on how you want to play. My current sword character is very light on life but I did pick up the fortify wheel for a little extra defense. I have done all the guardians and shaper with that build but I know those fights very well so I know what things I can take and what I have to avoid. That said I built it to plow maps around t10-t14 regardless of map mods(cannot leech and ele reflect aside) and for that purpose it has been loads of fun. Packs of 4-5 legion rares… especially Templars can be rough but typically it is fine.

I think for Uber elder killing I will stick to a high hp RT build. Sword or axe either is fine but I am an axe guy so I will probably stick to axes. I will end up doing it with every version of the build for science! 8^D
"
Entw1ne escribió:
2. Yeah, I saw that when looking over your build. Never seen it before, but looks great for this for sure.

They were added during Incursion league from the temple boss. I've had 2 drop this league and sold one before I swapped to crit and didn't realize its usefulness until the 2nd one dropped.

I got the vial to upgrade it as a drop too, but never got the temple room to upgrade it. Added physical damage reduction per allocated STR, so 3-4% physical dmg reduction or sell it for 2+ ex.

Transcendent Flesh
"
Muirey escribió:

Hello from Italy and I agree fully!

Sword or axe either is fine but I am an axe guy so I will probably stick to axes. I will end up doing it with every version of the build for science! 8^D

Italy, home of my ancestors before they came to New Orleans in the States. Well, half of them. French and Scottish on my other side :)

I like Axes, and I like Swords, but I'm over here wondering if there's a possible variant for my Mace-loving self. Maces and Ice go well together with the shattering, no? Hahaha. Decent looking nodes in the area to build around Stun and it has a lot of Inc AoE built into it, but sadly it doesn't appear to be as impactful as Axe/Sword. Haven't checked into the possible weapons for it yet, either.
Edit: Kongor's Undying Rage isn't too bad. Slow, but that's Maces for ya. Grants Onslaught, built in RT without the no crit penalty, only no +Crit Dmg. Either way, it would be inferior to Axes/Swords.

"
blackdeath101 escribió:

Oh wow, yeah I'd likely go with selling it as well if I needed the currency for sure. It's a nice upgrade over the regular version if min-maxing, but not a massive upgrade aye.
Editado por útlima vez por Entw1ne en 1 jul. 2019 20:41:16
Aside from the two 30 int nodes I have taken (for now, until I can get more int on my gear), my sword crit build will have 191% life and 3 jewel sockets at level 100 (which the jewel sockets would give me an additional ~20% life).

IMO, the sword crit build should be sacrificing a little bit of damage increases and attack speed to get crit chance and crit multi, not life. Regardless whether you're going RT or crit, sword or axe, every build needs enough life to survive.
Editado por útlima vez por fiendishnature_ en 1 jul. 2019 23:07:11
Question about the levelling skill tree. Would i rather be off using a 2h axe to get the benefits of the skill tree or keep with this
? Or switch to the sword tree in the spoiler?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional