[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Awesome thank you so much for the advice, I will work on this tonight!! Much appreciated and thank you so much for the guide!
"
DunknDonuts escribió:
Awesome thank you so much for the advice, I will work on this tonight!! Much appreciated and thank you so much for the guide!

Anytime. ;)
So, I decided to give this build a go this season after having it saved for quite some time - took a long break from PoE before I could give it a go. Some timing to come back for it, no? And I gotta say, I am having an absolute blast. One of the most fun builds I've ever played. The Ice variation is fantastic. I've always loved builds of all types on all games that revolve around Frost/Ice damage.

Thank you, Muirey, for creating this detailed build that guides us step-by-step and is well organized and in a nice, structured format. And keeping it constantly updated as well! Much appreciated, truly.

I have a couple quick questions/thoughts for now, apologies if they've been brought up before...

What do you think about grabbing Impact over Headsman from the Merc Lab while mapping below ~t11 then switching to Headsman when reaching higher tiers or completing Uber Lab? Testing it out so far mapping is a decent deal faster with it. I didn't get a chance to test it along with Carcass Jack yet (I was able to grab a nicely rolled Loreweave for cheap), though the AoE size might just end up being overkill at that point.

And, I've always used Rallying Cry on all my melee characters to mitigate mana issues. It only needs to tag one mob to activate the mana regen part of it and it's a static amount not dependent on how many mobs you tagged with it. Just a tip for anyone having issues with mana. I was able to bypass grabbing Revelry/Spirit Void using it.

Anyway, thanks again for the great build, Muirey! Take care :)
"
Entw1ne escribió:
So, I decided to give this build a go this season after having it saved for quite some time - took a long break from PoE before I could give it a go. Some timing to come back for it, no? And I gotta say, I am having an absolute blast. One of the most fun builds I've ever played. The Ice variation is fantastic. I've always loved builds of all types on all games that revolve around Frost/Ice damage.

Thank you, Muirey, for creating this detailed build that guides us step-by-step and is well organized and in a nice, structured format. And keeping it constantly updated as well! Much appreciated, truly.

I have a couple quick questions/thoughts for now, apologies if they've been brought up before...

What do you think about grabbing Impact over Headsman from the Merc Lab while mapping below ~t11 then switching to Headsman when reaching higher tiers or completing Uber Lab? Testing it out so far mapping is a decent deal faster with it. I didn't get a chance to test it along with Carcass Jack yet (I was able to grab a nicely rolled Loreweave for cheap), though the AoE size might just end up being overkill at that point.

And, I've always used Rallying Cry on all my melee characters to mitigate mana issues. It only needs to tag one mob to activate the mana regen part of it and it's a static amount not dependent on how many mobs you tagged with it. Just a tip for anyone having issues with mana. I was able to bypass grabbing Revelry/Spirit Void using it.

I grabbed Impact before Headsman prior to completing Uber Lab and did not regret that decision at all. You get a 1.15 multi from Impact, so you're only losing a little bit of damage, but you get a ton of range which makes the build perform much better, plus it gives accuracy (if you're going crit and not RT).
"
Entw1ne escribió:

Glad to hear you've been enjoying the build and guide! Welcome back to PoE, the addiction continues! :D

The ascendancy is pretty flexible now so yeah it's perfectly fine to pick up Impact. If you like it you can stick with it, it's a great ascendancy choice.

How big or small of a cyclone you want is up to how you're feeling it. I posted a short video in the main guide just showing how hilarious cyclone AoE can get now.. nothing wrong with cycloning the entire screen at once! :D

I don't think I've ever used rallying cry but as your damage gets higher mana doesn't remain an issue. It also depends on what setup you are using. I never noticed any issues until I switched to a 7-link fortify support weapon and then I was running out of mana single target.

Eventually you can just craft "- to total mana cost of skills" onto a ring and it won't be an issue.
"
Muirey escribió:
I don't think I've ever used rallying cry but as your damage gets higher mana doesn't remain an issue.

Yeah, once I hit ~68-70 after clearing the Acts and spending what currency I had for some gear it wasn't an issue for sure. Rallying is nice for those in between levels, though, from the time you get Cyclone up until you can produce a surplus of mana. And the damage boost is a nice bonus besides.

Thanks for the quick replies, Muirey & fiendishnature. I'll stick with Impact for awhile.
And that video is ridiculous rofl, first time I saw it. It's like you're the perfect lovechild of the old WW Barb & the off-screen killing Guided Arrow 'Zon from D2. Yet another area D3 fell short... Even the children of DI/II classes prefer PoE.

Oh, and do you happen to have a final passive tree ready for going Crit Axes by chance? Or is the Sword variant more viable?
Editado por útlima vez por Entw1ne en 27 jun. 2019 20:29:36
"
Entw1ne escribió:
Yeah, once I hit ~68-70 after clearing the Acts and spending what currency I had for some gear it wasn't an issue for sure. Rallying is nice for those in between levels, though, from the time you get Cyclone up until you can produce a surplus of mana. And the damage boost is a nice bonus besides.

Thanks for the quick replies, Muirey & fiendishnature. I'll stick with Impact for awhile.
And that video is ridiculous rofl, first time I saw it. It's like you're the perfect lovechild of the old WW Barb & the off-screen killing Guided Arrow 'Zon from D2. Yet another area D3 fell short... Even the children of DI/II classes prefer PoE.

Oh, and do you happen to have a final passive tree ready for going Crit Axes by chance? Or is the Sword variant more viable?

I actually played WW barb for most of my D2 heh. Other part of it was a WereBear druid slapping everything to death. Played d3 from launch but... yeah man it fell way short of expectations sadly.

I played around with crit ax for a bit but I don't have a final tree yet for it unfortunately. Swords definitely lends itself to crit much easier than axes do but it still felt fine when I played it.

I think I tree I used was something like this:www.poeurl.com/cuTQ
"
Muirey escribió:

I actually played WW barb for most of my D2 heh. Other part of it was a WereBear druid slapping everything to death. Played d3 from launch but... yeah man it fell way short of expectations sadly.

Same, hahaha. WW Barb, Guided Arrow Zon (hence the lovechild comment), and my favorite of them all - Elemental Druid. Gods that was a blast.

"
Muirey escribió:
I played around with crit ax for a bit but I don't have a final tree yet for it unfortunately. Swords definitely lends itself to crit much easier than axes do but it still felt fine when I played it. I think I tree I used was something like this:www.poeurl.com/cuTQ

Hrm... Yeah, after looking at it compared to your Crit Sword tree, that extra Wheel Swords have over Axes - and with it being dedicated to Crit - definitely makes the difference. You lose out on some solid nodes to the middle-left leading to RT/Disembowelment, but more than make up for it.

Alright, I'll stick to what I have for now and build up some currency then look into switching to Crit Swords. There's just something about Crits and Ice that is too sexy to pass up. Might sell this Loreweave I found for a steal (only 15c!!) and get a cheaper one for the time being. We'll see. Thanks again!

"
Entw1ne escribió:
Hrm... Yeah, after looking at it compared to your Crit Sword tree, that extra Wheel Swords have over Axes - and with it being dedicated to Crit - definitely makes the difference. You lose out on some solid nodes to the middle-left leading to RT/Disembowelment, but more than make up for it.

Alright, I'll stick to what I have for now and build up some currency then look into switching to Crit Swords. There's just something about Crits and Ice that is too sexy to pass up. Might sell this Loreweave I found for a steal (only 15c!!) and get a cheaper one for the time being. We'll see. Thanks again!

You'll get the same freezing /shattering with either ax/sword but yeah sword is easier to do. Plus you get to use a terminus est which gives all kinds of benefits for clearing.

Could anyone PM me if these are good for ele cyclone? destroyed my gloves cause im phys with assassins mark, forced to make a new pair now xD

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional