[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

There is also supposedly melee support gems specific to some types of weapons so there might be something interesting for axes.

For impact it's definetely just because i want a bigger cyclone. If i do some endgame stuff it'll probably still be good old crab ascendancy tree.
Editado por útlima vez por Sonoryo en 3 jun. 2019 15:00:43
"
Sonoryo escribió:
There is also supposedly melee support gems specific to some types of weapons so there might be something interesting for axes.

For impact it's definetely just because i want a bigger cyclone. If i do some endgame stuff it'll probably still be good old crab ascendancy tree.

Hey man having a hurricane as your cyclone will be some hilarious fun!

I'm really interested in the support gem changes/additions as well. It's pretty much like Christmas for me! Eagerly awaiting to open all these presents!
"
Leech
We'd hoped to simplify and rework the Leech system for 3.7.0. The more we developed our new system, the more we realised that it was such an extreme change that it would disorient too many players and potentially require more balance and iteration than we were comfortable with in the time available. We've decided to make the change alongside 4.0.0, as part of other more significant and sweeping balance changes. We hope this will let us do the system justice by making the system better fit the game's progression with much more reward for investment; a significant shift from the way leech currently plays in the game.

Well that's a bummer but not a huge deal. Good to have a idea of when it will happen thou!
The range increase on Impact is certainly good, but you guys are sleeping on the 15% more damage multiplier. I'm thinking 4-8-10-12 looks pretty insane. Obviously 8-10 for the reasons to run Slayer in the first place (gg sustain), but 4 and 12 both provide more damage multipliers. More dps means quicker max leech and better freezing on bosses, which is also a defensive boost.

EDIT: I guess there is an argument to make in regards to whether increased attack speed or increasing the more damage multiplier is better for actual dps. I'm only theory crafting and haven't done the maths, so it's certainly possible that getting more attack speed is actually better.
Editado por útlima vez por fiendishnature_ en 4 jun. 2019 15:12:56
"
fiendishnature_ escribió:
The range increase on Impact is certainly good, but you guys are sleeping on the 15% more damage multiplier. I'm thinking 4-8-10-12 looks pretty insane. Obviously 8-10 for the reasons to run Slayer in the first place (gg sustain), but 4 and 12 both provide more damage multipliers. More dps means quicker max leech and better freezing on bosses, which is also a defensive boost.

EDIT: I guess there is an argument to make in regards to whether increased attack speed or increasing the more damage multiplier is better for actual dps. I'm only theory crafting and haven't done the maths, so it's certainly possible that getting more attack speed is actually better.

Certainly wasn't overlooking the 15% more damage on Impact but since the nerf to the old slayer leech this build has been kind of squishy. Build hasn't ever been lacking damage at all. Wasn't brokenly OP sure but wasn't low at all. Getting the overleech AND reduced damage alone would be worth it to take Brutal Fervour. The attack speed and damage are the icing on the cake so to say.

For me I'm sticking to the old crab legs but now people actually have choices they can make to tweak the ascendancy to their play style. Which is great and I look forward to seeing what people come up with!
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 4 jun. 2019 15:45:52
To be fair, I wasn't suggesting getting Impact in lieu of overleech. I feel like the entire draw to being a Slayer is the gg leech.

That leaves the remaining two ascendancies up to preference. Since the remaining ones are all offensive (endurance charge one aside), it's then up for debate what the other two should be. I can see advantages and disadvantages of each, and it's certainly going to create some diversity between builds.

However, I'm also sure that on a pure dps level, there is a definitive choice for min/max. However, there's more going on than pure dps, such as movement speed and range increase, etc. It's also quite possible that building for crit could actually be the best build with high end pieces. Watchers Eye with the up to 1.8 to base crit with Hatred would take the base chance up to 9.8, which is massive.

Lots to think about, but this is going to be my league starter and I'm going to take Headsman and Impact as my offensive choices along with both of the leech nodes, personally.
Editado por útlima vez por fiendishnature_ en 4 jun. 2019 16:33:10
"
fiendishnature_ escribió:
To be fair, I wasn't suggesting getting Impact in lieu of overleech. I feel like the entire draw to being a Slayer is the gg leech.

That leaves the remaining two ascendancies up to preference. Since the remaining ones are all offensive (endurance charge one aside), it's then up for debate what the other two should be. I can see advantages and disadvantages of each, and it's certainly going to create some diversity between builds.

However, I'm also sure that on a pure dps level, there is a definitive choice for min/max. However, there's more going on than pure dps, such as movement speed and range increase, etc. It's also quite possible that building for crit could actually be the best build with high end pieces. Watchers Eye with the up to 1.8 to base crit with Hatred would take the base chance up to 9.8, which is massive.

Lots to think about, but this is going to be my league starter and I'm going to take Headsman and Impact as my offensive choices along with both of the leech nodes, personally.

Nice! I look forward to hearing how you're enjoying it with those talents. Eagerly awaiting the passive tree release so I can PoB till my eyes bleed until Friday. o.O

6 stage cyclone is going to be massive even without any area investment. Added Flat phys on skill gem as well... loses the built in attack speed but can get plenty of attack speed else where. That is a big chunk of flat physical as well. Massive!
Editado por útlima vez por Muirey en 4 jun. 2019 17:08:28
Yo Shout out to the Community and to Muirey for this dank ass build!!! I wish i was a full time streamer so i could make my own builds but having this community is awesome!! Since they are buffing melee this xpac/league i thought id give cyclone a go and this Frosty the bro man seems legit. Please let me know if this is still viable for 3.7 and also if there are any changes worth while off the rip. Also can you rock the same gems for trash and bosses or is it required to swap it up to wipe it down? Again thanks Muirey and DM me if you got a youtube or a stream homie!!! See you in Wraeclast EXILES!!!
Holla at me on twitch, twitter, & youtube @beats4president

Always trading :)

Thank you GGG for the Great Game
"
Beats4president escribió:
Yo Shout out to the Community and to Muirey for this dank ass build!!! I wish i was a full time streamer so i could make my own builds but having this community is awesome!! Since they are buffing melee this xpac/league i thought id give cyclone a go and this Frosty the bro man seems legit. Please let me know if this is still viable for 3.7 and also if there are any changes worth while off the rip. Also can you rock the same gems for trash and bosses or is it required to swap it up to wipe it down? Again thanks Muirey and DM me if you got a youtube or a stream homie!!! See you in Wraeclast EXILES!!!

Appreciated. Yes the build is still viable for 3.7 after reworking the passive tree's since a lot has been moved around.

I don't stream anywhere but all the video's in the main guide post link to my youtube channel if you'd like. I only use it for path of exile things currently so have a blast! :P

It wasn't needed to move gems around in the old setups except for t16 guardian or higher bosses before and I don't see that changing with the reworks I've seen.

Any new information will be under the 3.7 changes spoiler in the main guide post and once patch notes / passive tree changes are released I'll be working to get the guide fully up to date for 3.7.

An yes, see you in Wraeclast exile.
Do we drop Maim for Infused Channeling now? 49% more multi and 16% physical damage reduction seems way better.

If you rock Bonechill and Hypothermia on your totem, you'll still be applying an "enemies take increased damage" multiplier; with Bonechill, based on chill effect (caps at 30%).

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional