[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
locohobo escribió:
I was wondering why the level 20 cwdt, seems a little high for being a defensive ability. I understand perfectly not having a level 1, was just thinking it would be better at a mid level like 10 where it doesn't require you to almost get one shot before activating.

Few aspects on this: the build is fairly tanky, and needing to take a 3300 damage hit before procing isn't a bad thing (considering we have endurance charges that make it last quite a while)

It also wouldn't cast a high level ice golem or molten shield if it was level 10.
"
The build is fun so far, however, it's definitely not as tanky as maybe advertised...so far. I've died 100 times so far, but that's mainly due to me not having played in a year and not being too careful because its softcore. You definitely NEED TO USE YOUR VAAL REAVE RANGE as efficiently as you can. You shouldn't be in the middle of mobs tanking everything. However, with Tier 1 gear this wont be a problem. Been adding quant gear slowly and now i'm pretty much full MF -- Once I get 1 more jewel i can have my resistances capped and can scour my helmet so i can get 100% more rarity find with a normal item equipped. The Pariah with a white socket doesn't seem worth the 5% extra quant since its 4 exalt. You can get a SOLID ventor's gamble that will have life/res w/ 10% quant. Going to MF for a long time and get my wealth up and then switch over to do some end game stuff!!

Also, I see a lot of people linking STAT STICKS with 1 shaper mod. You can easily find a 1 mod thats 39-40% physical gained as another element for 1-5c. Buying one at 39-40% for that price is way better than 2 mods @ 45% total for something like 50 chaos (or more). Use that money to upgrade something else like a nice 6L body armour with life and low resistances!!!

You are using the MF build without the sole item that makes the build work - bloodseeker. Without bloodseeker, you're right. You aren't nearly tanky enough using all the incredibly weak IIQ/MF items. Switch to bloodseeker and suddenly you can facetank everything with sadimas, ascetic etc.
"
krazydude escribió:
"
tehvolt escribió:
How's my gear looking so far?

Your statstick should be something other than swords, daggers and claws.. Ideally a one handed axe, mace or sceptre. You're losing a lot of Dps by using a sword as statstick since every alternate hit is by the low Dps sword but if you have axe,mace or sceptre as statstick you attack only with the one high dps sword while the statstick provides the stat boost.

Also for those who are complaining about survivability.. This is NOT a facetanking build. You need to dodge hits with your whirling blades often, use Vaal reave to maintain your range from monsters, use Ancestral protector for bosses.. also Flasks like Atziri's promise and Rumi's concoction is really important and should be up most of the time! Everything is mentioned in the guide.. Try getting a "6% chance to blind enemies on hit" abyss jewel.. We easily hit 10+ times/ sec and there's a high chance to blind enemies and get 50% evasion chance. Also consider dropping Diamond flask for Basalt flask of Warding.

Hey, thanks. Switching out the statstick seemed to up my dps a lot.
I wanted to post a few thoughts that should help out the general masses with questions that keep coming up, as I'm fairly comfortable with the build now, and haven't been having too many issues with death or damage in quite a while.

1: Path of Building if your best friend. It will tell you exactly how big of an upgrade or downgrade you can expect when equiping a new item. It'd show you that your sword offhand is a big nono compared to a mace or axe. It'd tell you exactly how much damage you can expect with that 15c ring over the 2ex steel ring that somehow lowers your DPS. I found out a ring I picked up for 10C at level 60 (which had % increased cold damage on it) was outperforming a steel ring with 14 average phys damage, selling for 2 EX. Glad I didn't make that purchase!

2: Make sure you are gearing defensively. Blind on an abyssal Jewel (SUPER IMPORTANT), defensive points spent, capped resists, life EVERYWHERE. Prioritize armour and evasion...the shield does nothing for us.

3: Weapons and stat sticks make up a large majority of damage. Look for relatively high APS (1.7 minimum). Check for swords with the new 9-10% chaos damage gained from physical...they may outperform a 25pdps or so higher weapon. I bought a 342 pdps corsair sword with gain 9% of physical as chaos for 1.5ex. Change the added #phys on it and its a 360 pdps with 9% chaos now. Outperforming 5ex foils on the market. (Again - path of building)

4: If you're having trouble with dying, ditch the abyssus. Ditch the tabula. Ditch the IIQ/MF gear, as their defensive stats are really low. If you're dying, you're not doing damage and thus clearing slower.
Remember that abyssus makes you take more damage from blood rage too.

5: Put blood rage (but not hatred/herald of ash) on your weapon. This lets you quickly hit x then x again (swap to secondary weapon and back) to drop blood rage off, stopping your degen. If you have hatred/herald on your weapon, those would drop too...don't want that.

6: The passive tree is a solid recommendation, but feel free to deviate a little. Pick up a leech node if you are having trouble staying alive, or pick up a 30 int node. Don't take 2 points towards a jewel if the jewel you are going to put in is terrible. Path of building will tell you exactly how big of an upgrade in dps every node is, how much life you can expect. This lets you prioritize the better passives first.

7: Ahn's might is bad. Stop asking :)

8: Enlighten is expensive - and probably only worth picking up when you reaaaaaaaaaaaally have a lot of currency. I use leap slam in 1 spot over enlighten for now just for QOL and faster clearing in areas with different leveled terrain (I dont use arctic armour unless it's a boss and I feel I reaaaaaaaalllllllly need it)
Editado por útlima vez por Slottm en 18 jun. 2018 10:46:01
Hi guys
What do you think I should improve next?
I tried to fight with shaper but it seemed like the damage was kinda low.
I got about 10ex to spend.

Hey man, thank you for tips. But about path of building, its mentioned several times on guide that if you are using "gain as random element" mod, path of building wont be correct. Is this still the case? or is it fixed with like update or something?

"
Slottm escribió:

1: Path of Building if your best friend. It will tell you exactly how big of an upgrade or downgrade you can expect when equiping a new item.
"
Drakonath escribió:
Hey man, thank you for tips. But about path of building, its mentioned several times on guide that if you are using "gain as random element" mod, path of building wont be correct. Is this still the case? or is it fixed with like update or something?

"
Slottm escribió:

1: Path of Building if your best friend. It will tell you exactly how big of an upgrade or downgrade you can expect when equiping a new item.

I believe that it still may not work (probably because it's difficult to calculate exactly what a random element is) That being said, any item can be edited in path of building...and you could just set it to fire, ice or lightning.
Can someone tell me what to invest in next?

Just got a good deal for my sword:

Any advice is much appreciated!!
Editado por útlima vez por Edeka en 18 jun. 2018 11:58:57
"
Slottm escribió:

3: Weapons and stat sticks make up a large majority of damage. Look for relatively high APS (1.7 minimum). Check for swords with the new 9-10% chaos damage gained from physical...they may outperform a 25pdps or so higher weapon. I bought a 342 pdps corsair sword with gain 9% of physical as chaos for 1.5ex. Change the added #phys on it and its a 360 pdps with 9% chaos now. Outperforming 5ex foils on the market. (Again - path of building)

I bought a 341 pdps Elder sword with the same mod "10% physical as extra chaos damage" for 15 chaos at day 3 of the league. Now wondering how lucky I was to get that deal.
Help?!?!

https://pastebin.com/tCQMSyty

You guys all have Vaal reave slotted in the six-link, how do you get it souls to start? I have it in a different hole to use as an initial attack on mobs then 5-link reave after.

I need a lot more survival, where am I going completely wrong here? I've done or not done something basic based on how often I get one-shotted. I followed the leveling points guide but there's not a lot of defense there. I'm having problems with maps beyond T2, lol.

I'm pretty early on in this but it's definitely not very tanky and I'm not sure where the high block chance is supposed to come from.

I have an AHN's because that's the best one-handed sword I have. I have a 5-link because I wouldn't have much armour otherwise with my Tabula.

The gear you guys are showing here costs multiple EX, something I've had drop 3 times total in almost a year of playing so I guess "cheap" is relative. I'm grinding for un-ID'd rares but that's slow going. Taste of Hate is an EX, good weapons are an EX, six-link with any armour is an EX and so on and so on.

I haven't done uber lab as level three did me in a few times before clearing it, so yes there is a set of ascension points missing. I re-specced one set for the added block chance and it's helped but not enough.

Meanwhile I'll grind grind grind T1-2 maps and Temple.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional