[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
Slottm escribió:
"
Bromeek escribió:
So I've managed to push this build into lategame and I have some concers.

After picking up 41% abyssuss blood rage is killing me faster than monsters. Even my life flask is slower than the bloodrage.

Low single target damage. It's probably because of my gear I need to pick up 6L with conc effect.

You're using two swords. Big nono, as your stat stick is effectively ruining your DPS in this case. You're actually swinging with it, rather than just getting the benefit.

So what should I use instead of that sword in offhand? 1 h mace? How does it work, why there can't be a sword in offhand?
"
Slottm escribió:
"
Bromeek escribió:

After picking up 41% abyssuss blood rage is killing me faster than monsters. Even my life flask is slower than the bloodrage.

Low single target damage. It's probably because of my gear I need to pick up 6L with conc effect.

You're using two swords. Big nono, as your stat stick is effectively ruining your DPS in this case. You're actually swinging with it, rather than just getting the benefit.

So what should I use instead of that sword in offhand? 1 h mace? How does it work, why there can't be a sword in offhand?
@Kiss_Me_Quick
Could you please add an explanation about how Reave works and why having two swords is a horrible idea? The last (at least) 10 pages of the thread are just spammed by people who don't understand how Reave works when dual wielding and it's a bit annoying to explain it person by person.
Hey guys, softcore scrub here, taking this build for a spin this league. Really enjoying it so far, just hit level 92, currently pushing into red maps. Played Reave since lvl 30 or something, went pretty okay. Did read later, that I wasn't supposed to swap to Reave until much later in the game, but whatever :)

Found a very decent weapon in a temple, got pretty lucky with an elder armor craft (I think - not sure how likely you hit these mods), and just six-linked it yesterday. Some slight deviations on the passive tree, nothing major. Picked 2 5% nodes instead of Heart of the Oak, seems better to me? Also didn't go for the "Cloth and Chain" resistance nodes.

(some of the links are messed up, don't mind them)

Some concerns here. Mainly I still feel very squishy. I have a lot of block, especially with Rumi's active, and it is very noticable. However, I still get one-shot quite often, or run into a bad spot with a couple ranged mobs and die in one volley. I am pretty terrible at not dying in general, well over 100 deaths this league. But I am wondering, if it's just my playstyle's fault, or if I miss something important on gear/tree?

Flasks: I found a Lioneye's early on, used that for quite a while. Switched to a Rumi's for now, can't decide what's better. No ToH yet, I really like having a curse flask for mapping, so I don't have to reroll tempchains and don't feel like hitting with a wet noodle under enfeeble.

Leech: The guide states, that leech problems usually come from damage being too low. However, so far my damage seems fine, most bosses (at ~T11) don't last too long. But the leech against single targets still seems very low sometimes. Damage starts to drop off massively under certain mods, though, especially Enfeeble (if curse flask is not active), high phys red or endurance charges. Bosses or Incursions can cause some trouble under these mods.

Upgrades: Obligatory question, I am very unsure, which items to upgrade at which point. I feel the weapon will do just fine for now, next upgrade would have to be similar dps + additional crit, which will get expensive. Stick is on the defensive side, I do enjoy the additional block here. Have a 2nd base I occasionally roll for double %added, but hasn't happened yet.

Bloodlust: Anyone tried this instead of crit strikes? According to PoB it would add a ton of damage, you can add Chance to Bleed to totem to trigger it.

Editado por útlima vez por Snarky85 en 7 jun. 2018 11:19:29
"
Bromeek escribió:
"
Slottm escribió:
"
Bromeek escribió:

If you check reave, it says it works with Daggers, Claws, Swords - this means that let's say you have a 350 dps sword and a 50 DPS with 40% fire damage added sword. You will alternate reave hits between the 350 dps sword and 50 dps sword.

Lets say you use an Axe, Mace(Sceptre) or Wand offhand with 40% fire damage added

You will ONLY swing with the sword, while still getting the bonus of the 40% fire damage and dual weild - meaning every other hit you are not hitting with a weaker weapon
"
zamyt escribió:
@Kiss_Me_Quick,

i'm following your guide and so far i like it i just have 1 question. According to PoB we have a source of blind from somewhere after we switch from "Blood in the Eyes" to "Outmatch and Outlast", so the question is where are we getting that blind from ? It is ticked in the config tab of PoB so did you just forget to remove it or we actually have a blind source besides Blood in the Eyes.

Edit: Also where are we getting power charges from ?

This is great question actually. Could you elaborate on that please? I miss power charges source but you have it turned on in the PoB configuration. Thanks.
Just a quick question.

I'm still leveling, but I'm using a statstick (just phys to cold and crit for now) axe in my mainhand and a Scaeva in my offhand.

If I equip a second Scaeva in my mainhand, the DPS goes up a lot compared to the stat stick (about 30%)

Why is that? I thought Reave doesn't care about dual wielding and only alternates between attacks. Why does the DPS go up over the statstick?
"
Jaba01 escribió:
Just a quick question.

I'm still leveling, but I'm using a statstick (just phys to cold and crit for now) axe in my mainhand and a Scaeva in my offhand.

If I equip a second Scaeva in my mainhand, the DPS goes up a lot compared to the stat stick (about 30%)

Why is that? I thought Reave doesn't care about dual wielding and only alternates between attacks. Why does the DPS go up over the statstick?

Read scaeva :)

Scaeva seems to give 75-80ish crit in the mainhand. Your stat stick may not add enough damage just yet, or you may not have enough physical damage that it's based off of.
Editado por útlima vez por Slottm en 7 jun. 2018 11:28:14
Alright. So it's not worth yet? Probably both. It's just a 35% one. Thought I was crazy.
Hey guys, i was using two swords and had 67k ~ tooltip reave dps. i just got an axe with "gain 30% of physical damage as extra cold damage" but loose attack speed and global critical multiplier from my other sword and have now only have 54k reave dps. does the tooltip dps matter at all? or is one "physical damage as extra" or similar stat better than a sword? just can roll good stats on the axe yet and poe.trade is to expensive :S

i got the idea of only mainhand doing damage if i am using an axe or mace i.e, but the tooltip dps lowers so i dont know if i do less damage? i have to or am i dumb? x)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional