[3.0]Roicki's Starforge BM cyclone GUARDIANS / SHAPER / UBER IZARO / UBER ATZIRI / VIDS

"
atheyd escribió:
Shaper dropped a starforge for me today and I decided to look up a build. I am surprised this is the only active build thread in 3.0 thus far. Anyway, what is everyone doing about applying shocks? Since the build uses Resolute Technique we cannot crit. Therefore, the only way to shock is with the lab enchant on boots or on jewels. Am I missing something or is there another way?

Also, how is this against Minotaur?

I ended up testing the shock with two shock jewels (9%) and it works well at applying shock. I always shock bosses and rares, and I almost always shock a few monsters in each pack (even though they mostly die in a few hits anyways)

Like the other guy said, shock jewels are pretty low priority in sale price, however I have never seen anymore than 3 good bonuses that work with this build (2 + shock), maybe they are just super rare. Whereas without shock you can get some amazing 4 stat'd ones or ones with resists even.

Boot enchant seems like a good choice too, although I'm currently enjoying the spell dodge and others seem more powerful (attack speed increase, leech)

It remains to be seen how the shock scaling has affected this with the 3.0 rework. Since now it is 10% HP hit to get a 50% shock, you most likely won't be getting that big of a hit off on bosses. Packs usually die quick enough that it's almost irrelevant there except on maybe phys resist maps and rares. Our attacks are fast and light, not slow and hard so the new system punishes builds like this (not a fan). I haven't done the calculations but it doesn't seem worth it (as much as I'd like the shock stat to be relevant on Starforge) It might be beneficial to get a jewel that's always giving you 12-30% additional physical damage rather than the small chance for a small shock. Lets say you are doing 1% per attack, you are only getting a shock that increases damage by 5%, and that's if you hit with your 3-10% chance. To be fair if you do get a 10% HP hit for a 50% shock on a boss, chances are it won't even make a difference since 6 Attacks per second he'd be dead in a few seconds.

Maybe someone else who is better at testing and theory crafting can weigh in on it. :P
Editado por útlima vez por Blood_Sail en 30 ago. 2017 18:36:07

Silly question i suppose, this is worth using with the build correct?

How do you cast auras with bloodmagic node?
Hello,

I am doing a similar build in Harbinger SC. I was about to start my own thread but i then saw this thread and saw how close my build resembles this build so i'm replying here instead.

Current Stats in-game:

Paste-bin:

https://pastebin.com/yCEv6SJv

Right now, i'm saving for a Kaom's Heart, which will push my life to 8268, and to 6-link the Starforge.

Some Comments:

Clear Speed
This is a very fast build with great AoE even without the Inc AoE gem.
I am able to cyclone in straight line and kill almost everything without requiring to backtrack, so the clearspeed is up there with the best. The only build faster in the groups i've played with are Frost Blades Rangers.

I also use 2x Quicksilver flasks

and maintain 100% uptime with them

Maim over Inc/Conc
I use the Maim gem instead Inc Aoe / Conc effect because i hate gem swapping, especially in groups.
I find that the DPS is only slightly less than conc effect but has a larger range.

Levelling

I spent the large majority of play time using a Doomsower, until i was able to afford a Starforge:

It has great dps and is very cheap.

Vuln-on-hit gloves

I definitely recommend gloves with the Vulnerability on hit corruption for a sizeable boost to dps. This pair were a steal at 10c but you can find a pair for as little as 25c.

The OP has a Witchfire brew flask, which is great too, but i prefer the gloves.

Tips and tactics

Slayer is the best for all-round capability i find. In uber-lab i could kill a pack of monsters and totally ignore traps for a good 15 seconds because of the life sustain.

The pantheon of choice is Soul of Yulgul for the 25% less reflected damage, which combined with the Headsman Ascendancy (50%), makes reflect negligible. I can even run phys reflect maps as long i move more slowly and make sure i don't attack too many mobs at once.

The other pantheon is Soul Arakaali

The highlighted ability "50% increased recovery of life if you've stopped taking damage over time recently" is perfect for this build.

Blood Rage counts as damage-over-time and when CwDT-Immortal Call get procced, which stops the blood rage degen, this pantheon ability activates and adds 50% to life leech rate and cap, a powerful defensive tool.

Conclusion

Pretty fun build, fully end-game capable since level 85 or so

6.5k life with a Tabula, 8.2k with Kaom's, very hard to kill and HC viable, easily.

Lot's of room for improvement with better jewels, helm-enchant, etc.

It's also a great league starter as you can easily use a Doomsower and a 5-link for effective gameplay at any point.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
What will be better for this build, Kaom's Hearth or Death's Oath?
With Oath I will have:
+ more space for gems
+ some resists
+ more leech
+ Overall cheaper, enough will be 5L starforge (not so expensive).
- high degen, lower hp
With Kaom:
+ a lot more life
+ no degen
- 6L starforge (ouch that price)
- will lose 5-6 gem slots.

Does this degen is very problematic in overall survivability? Does this armour can be pain on some map mods?

Also does Damage On Full Life will works with Blood Magic + Blood Rage?
Hello guys i wanted to ask you, how does this build generate endurance charges? Unless i am blind i dont see it mentionned in the initial post.
"
Mitsaras escribió:
Hello guys i wanted to ask you, how does this build generate endurance charges? Unless i am blind i dont see it mentionned in the initial post.

Enduring Cry
"
_REC_ escribió:

yes, if life leech higer than degen, it will work.

"
Mitsaras escribió:

Enduring Cry. but if you don't have Witchfire brew, you also can use Warlord's mark linked with CWDT.
Editado por útlima vez por OrKToS en 31 ago. 2017 16:58:08
"
_REC_ escribió:

Does this degen is very problematic in overall survivability? Does this armour can be pain on some map mods?

Short answer, No.

Longer answer, it made some mods slightly less safer, one in particular is less regen maps, the other notable annoyance is when farming uber labs where not having your natural life regen penalized whenever you accidentally stepped on a bug would make life a lot easier, but overall it's not to an extent that those are not doable. Outside of it, not really. Infact, I feel a lot safer with Death's Oath than when I'm using Kaom's, despite losing something like ~1k life.

Death's Oath is in my opinion BiS for Phys Cyclone because it offers a lot of stats, all attributes, extra leech (1% on a single gear is huge), and Attack Speed which is really great for Cyclone. And just for the record, 15% Cyclone Attack Speed > 40% Cyclone Damage for helmet enchant when it comes to DPS and overall performance (the only exception is when you're completely decked out with Attack Speed mods everywhere, jewels, rings, gloves, etc).

"
_REC_ escribió:

Yes. 2.6.1 (I believe) fixed the old issue of DoFL not working despite having positive net regen. Here's a dev reply regarding this fix : http://i.imgur.com/9f9JSgC.png
Editado por útlima vez por ultimatecat en 31 ago. 2017 18:31:14
What does everyone think of Bronn's Lithe? Seems pretty strong in path of building if you don't mind the decreased life.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional