[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
roguemjb escribió:

VP is still necessary, and pretty kick ass now for Slayer. Feel free to check out my profile to compare as well.

thanks! I will check it out after work.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
"
roguemjb escribió:

VP is still necessary, and pretty kick ass now for Slayer. Feel free to check out my profile to compare as well.

saw ya character how does maim and ancestrall work togther? good clear speed and boss dmg?
Editado por útlima vez por mossa7abbeek en 29 dic. 2017 14:24:35
I just put this build together. I must be missing something. I only do 15k damage and about 27k with flasks.

I believe my profile is open, can anyone tell me what I missed? Thanks
Editado por útlima vez por Hawstin en 29 dic. 2017 16:24:01
"
Hawstin escribió:
I just put this build together. I must be missing something. I only do 15k damage and about 27k with flasks.

Note that the Flicker Strike tooltip displays "Damage per Use" and NOT "Damage per Second". To get the "Damage per Second" (DPS) simply multiply the "Damage per Use" to the "Attacks per Second" <-- taken straight from first post of this thread btw. Nevertheless a few things I could spot:

.) Is your hit chance high enough? I don't see any accuracy on your gear or jewels and you aren't running a Ice Golem either. Your hit chance should never be under 90% or else all the damage in the world wont help you.
.) Your Melee Physical Damage is not level 20 yet. The more multipier goes a long way and every percent counts.
.) You could change your Belt base. The ES does nothing for you. A nice Rustic Sash or Stygan Vise (with a good Abyss Jewel of course) should improve your DPS.
"
mossa7abbeek escribió:
"
roguemjb escribió:

saw ya character how does maim and ancestrall work togther? good clear speed and boss dmg?

Yeah, excellent, I very rarely bother taking out AC, if I do I switch to Ruthless. Ruthless is higher dps but less consistent for clearing when you want to one shot packs.
"
Monti_Jones escribió:
"
Hawstin escribió:

Note that the Flicker Strike tooltip displays "Damage per Use" and NOT "Damage per Second". To get the "Damage per Second" (DPS) simply multiply the "Damage per Use" to the "Attacks per Second" <-- taken straight from first post of this thread btw. Nevertheless a few things I could spot:

.) Is your hit chance high enough? I don't see any accuracy on your gear or jewels and you aren't running a Ice Golem either. Your hit chance should never be under 90% or else all the damage in the world wont help you.
.) Your Melee Physical Damage is not level 20 yet. The more multipier goes a long way and every percent counts.
.) You could change your Belt base. The ES does nothing for you. A nice Rustic Sash or Stygan Vise (with a good Abyss Jewel of course) should improve your DPS.

Thanks for the thorough input. I will make some adjustments and report back.

Is this a viable boss killer?
"
Hawstin escribió:
Spoiler
"
Monti_Jones escribió:
"
Hawstin escribió:

Thanks for the thorough input. I will make some adjustments and report back.

Is this a viable boss killer?

While the clear speed of this build is clearly a strong point, bosses are kind of a weak point unfortunately. We just dont reach the millions of DPS or tankiness to switch your brain off, facetank Shaper and melt him in 2 seconds, like some other builds do. Neither are the mechanics of Flicker Strike interacting with some of the bosses mechanics working out in our favour (eg. Atziri).

Still those problems only affect only a few selected fights. With proper setup and smart play, all the content in the game should be doable. Except phys reflect of course ;)
What is the point to get VP? The guide mention about this already
"
KorgothBG escribió:

10. Should i use Vaal Pact?
Short answer - "No." Now the thing with Vaal Pact is that you constantly loose life because you won't regenerate any life while at the same time you will be using Blood Rage. Furthermore because of that you will never be considered at full life so you will never take advantage of the Slayer's Endless Hunger passive skill and you also won't be able to use Melee Damage on Full Life. Oh and did i mention that you need to waste 5 passive skill points just to get it? Don't pick up Vaal Pact with this build under any circumstances!
"
La_D escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

Short answer - "No." Now the thing with Vaal Pact is that you constantly loose life because you won't regenerate any life while at the same time you will be using Blood Rage. Furthermore because of that you will never be considered at full life so you will never take advantage of the Slayer's Endless Hunger passive skill and you also won't be able to use Melee Damage on Full Life. Oh and did i mention that you need to waste 5 passive skill points just to get it? Don't pick up Vaal Pact with this build under any circumstances!

That's outdated answer from pre 3.1 vaal pack rework. The maker of this build has said to pick up vaal pack as well in one of the comments of the thread.

The point is you will never have enough regen to justify not picking it up. Slayer is by far the biggest beneficiary of vaal pack due to endless hunger. All the leech nodes we grab along the way now are double in effect as well where as they did not with old vp. We are probably the closest class to have leech speed comparable to instant. In the roughest math- if you have 5k hp you will end up with 2k hp/s from vp. If your regen is less than that vp is worth it.

The only thing I would change is to go for iron reflex instead of the entire acrobatic tree. Vaal pack does not like inconsistency.
"
Awks escribió:
"
La_D escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

That's outdated answer from pre 3.1 vaal pack rework. The maker of this build has said to pick up vaal pack as well in one of the comments of the thread.

The point is you will never have enough regen to justify not picking it up. Slayer is by far the biggest beneficiary of vaal pack due to endless hunger. All the leech nodes we grab along the way now are double in effect as well where as they did not with old vp. We are probably the closest class to have leech speed comparable to instant. In the roughest math- if you have 5k hp you will end up with 2k hp/s from vp. If your regen is less than that vp is worth it.

The only thing I would change is to go for iron reflex instead of the entire acrobatic tree. Vaal pack does not like inconsistency.

But, if I change to iron reflex I lost 100 dextery points in this tree?
Play on X1X
Editado por útlima vez por JamP en 30 dic. 2017 16:54:54

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional