[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Hi there. This will be the first time I ever get to play the day the league starts and decided I want to use this build to do an uber lab farmer, and get it up and running ASAP.

I have one question though, I understand that the Ngamahu axe is a mandatory unique, but in the first few days (if I check price histories) it seems to be very expensive. How do you normally get yourself one by the time you get to uber lab, or can uber lab be run without it (initially)?

Thanks!
Not every hero holds a sword... Some just Hold the Door!
"
In3vitability escribió:
Hi there. This will be the first time I ever get to play the day the league starts and decided I want to use this build to do an uber lab farmer, and get it up and running ASAP.

I have one question though, I understand that the Ngamahu axe is a mandatory unique, but in the first few days (if I check price histories) it seems to be very expensive. How do you normally get yourself one by the time you get to uber lab, or can uber lab be run without it (initially)?

Thanks!

You can certainly run Uber lab without the axe but it will take more time to beat Izaro.

At the start of the league, Ngamahu will cost around 50 to 80 chaos (Bestiary was an exception as I remember the price of the axe dropped to around 20c in just a few days), depending on the rolls. As league progresses, it will drop to single digit price range.

Trading currencies (i.e. fusing, jewelers, alchemies, etc) for chaos orbs will greatly help to gather the currencies you need to acquire the axe in first 2 days.

Some lucky drops that you can trade away for chaos will certainly help too.

And don't forget the chaos vendor recipe.
TLDR: use Combustion Support now instead of Elemental Focus

For 3.3 the support gem "Chance to Ignite Support" has been changed to "Combustion Support". It now offers 19% fire pen IN ADDITION at level 20.

So when comparing Elemental Focus to Combustion, we have:

Elemental Focus: 49% more dmg, 10% inc dmg (quality), no DoT burning
Combustion: 29% more dmg, 19% pen, 10% inc dmg (quality), 49% chance to ignite

As 29% more dmg + 19% pen will always be at least as good as 48% more dmg (and better in most situations and much better against bosses) and as we are getting free DoT with 49% chance to ignite to burn bosses to ash, I think Combustion is now strictly superior to Elemental Focus.

This should be true for all pure fire builds.

Or am I missing something?

"
Archinquisitor escribió:
TLDR: use Combustion Support now instead of Elemental Focus

For 3.3 the support gem "Chance to Ignite Support" has been changed to "Combustion Support". It now offers 19% fire pen IN ADDITION at level 20.

So when comparing Elemental Focus to Combustion, we have:

Elemental Focus: 49% more dmg, 10% inc dmg (quality), no DoT burning
Combustion: 29% more dmg, 19% pen, 10% inc dmg (quality), 49% chance to ignite

As 29% more dmg + 19% pen will always be at least as good as 48% more dmg (and better in most situations and much better against bosses) and as we are getting free DoT with 49% chance to ignite to burn bosses to ash, I think Combustion is now strictly superior to Elemental Focus.

This should be true for all pure fire builds.

Or am I missing something?

Pretty much the case. Combustion will work better on boss but do lower damage on regular mobs.

However, we are only concern about boss over here. :)

I am waiting for POB to be updated with the new gems to get a more conclusive figure with the gem swap.
Ascendancy
I'm still debating my choice of ascendancy. Could you elaborate and provide trees for the 4 choices you present? I don't even know, which second subclass to pick for the Scion (Slayer is obvious).

I've done some PoB work yesterday with your Champ and Slayer trees and I can't find how the Slayer would come reasonably close in damage. (I treat super cull as a 25% more multiplier, which reflects the mathematical contribution but not the factor that the last 20% are worth more than any other 20% in a endboss scenario.)

What is the selling point of the Chieftain? Would he make use of non-fire damage that the other classes can't due to Avatar of Fire? If it's only that he doesn't need Xoph's Blood, I wouldn't care. The keystone is 3 points away from EO.

About the Champ, I dislike that his ascendancy defenses are largely irrelevant: Stun immunity is provided by Cyclone itself, Life reg is canceled out by Vaal Pact and I don't see the point to those 1k armor and evasion in the endgame.

On the other hand there is overleech, which I just cannot judge properly.

Maybe it's clever to start out as Champ and regret into Slayer eventually if either the survivability feels bad or the gear reaches a level (bonus accuracy on everything) that allows the Slayer to close the damage gap..?

Combustion
I also expected it to become an easy choice over Ele Focus, but that depends on Ignite being useful for us. The Ignite dps figures in PoB looked like garbage yesterday, which may be true. There's mechanically only 1 instance of Ignite on a mob at any given time and this deals 50% of the damage of 1 hit per second. So to make use of it, you'd want to deliver slow, heavy hits, which we don't.
Also, you can't just treat 19% pen as 19% more. It's equal at 0% mob resist (after factoring other sources of pen), better at a positive resist value and weaker when the resist is already below 0.

i don't understand here
why i need level gem?
Cast When Damage Taken: 1
Immortal Call: 3
"
pokemondiamond470 escribió:
i don't understand here
why i need level gem?
Cast When Damage Taken: 1
Immortal Call: 3

cwdt lvl 1 = lvl req 38
Immortal Call lvl 3 = lvl req 38

so u cwdt will be able to cast Immortal Call and u can use this for Pantheon Power Trick:

"Soul of Arakaali. This is a very important defensive pantheon for us. There are all sorts of DoT's in this game that will boost our leech after we stop taking the DoT damage. If you are using blood rage and have a lvl 1 cwdt + immortal call setup in your boots, this will be kicking in everytime the immortal call goes off. A lot of people like using this method to both protect from porcupines and to proc "Arachnoxia" basically 100% of the time. Give it a shot if you feel like you can fit that in somewhere in the build! Taking 2 supports out of the Ancestral Warchief totem in boots is a great spot for this."*

*From Ahfack's Bleed Cyclone Build
Editado por útlima vez por BerserkZodd en 31 may. 2018 13:34:56
Increased Duration Gem
what does it do for Immortal Call?
When I'm in the map I still need to use summon golem?
is it necessary?
"
Solmyr77 escribió:
Ascendancy
I'm still debating my choice of ascendancy. Could you elaborate and provide trees for the 4 choices you present? I don't even know, which second subclass to pick for the Scion (Slayer is obvious).

I've done some PoB work yesterday with your Champ and Slayer trees and I can't find how the Slayer would come reasonably close in damage. (I treat super cull as a 25% more multiplier, which reflects the mathematical contribution but not the factor that the last 20% are worth more than any other 20% in a endboss scenario.)

What is the selling point of the Chieftain? Would he make use of non-fire damage that the other classes can't due to Avatar of Fire? If it's only that he doesn't need Xoph's Blood, I wouldn't care. The keystone is 3 points away from EO.

About the Champ, I dislike that his ascendancy defenses are largely irrelevant: Stun immunity is provided by Cyclone itself, Life reg is canceled out by Vaal Pact and I don't see the point to those 1k armor and evasion in the endgame.

On the other hand there is overleech, which I just cannot judge properly.

Maybe it's clever to start out as Champ and regret into Slayer eventually if either the survivability feels bad or the gear reaches a level (bonus accuracy on everything) that allows the Slayer to close the damage gap..?

Combustion
I also expected it to become an easy choice over Ele Focus, but that depends on Ignite being useful for us. The Ignite dps figures in PoB looked like garbage yesterday, which may be true. There's mechanically only 1 instance of Ignite on a mob at any given time and this deals 50% of the damage of 1 hit per second. So to make use of it, you'd want to deliver slow, heavy hits, which we don't.
Also, you can't just treat 19% pen as 19% more. It's equal at 0% mob resist (after factoring other sources of pen), better at a positive resist value and weaker when the resist is already below 0.

Champion vs Slayer pretty much about cost of gearing, QOL of leech, and damage. Champion will definitely go for EO since you do not need accuracy on gears. Champion will also have higher potential damage than Slayer but QOL from overleech is hard to drop.

Main selling point of Chieftain will be the price to gear. It is cheapest among all variants as you obtain full power of "Xoph's Blood" (without having the item) once you complete cruel lab.

Chieftain also has the highest damage potential when you min/max his gears. This is mainly because you still get to deal full damage from other elemental source (e.g. Hatred, Atziri's Promise, etc.).

"
Increased Duration Gem
what does it do for Immortal Call?

Increased Duration will increase Immortal Call duration by a tiny margin. It is optional as the default duration is sufficient to handle spike situation.

However, for builds that utilize on lots of endurance charges, you will definitely want to link Increased Duration to it as it can extend Immortal Call to last 7 seconds and beyond.

"
When I'm in the map I still need to use summon golem?
is it necessary?

Whenever he is dead. Golem is optional too so you can definitely drop it if you find re-casting a hassle.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional