[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Tip: Drop regular Cyclone gem and use the new

I've been testing and it's great for abysses holes, strongboxes and even bosses that don't require you to move to avoid attacks (the really tough ones)

I've successfully used it in bosses up to T13 maps and even some t14.
Editado por útlima vez por auri_19 en 4 jun. 2018 14:22:56
"
phobia90s escribió:
Okay, so answering my own question, after some research I came to the realization that Damage On Full Life and Added Fire are superior to Faster Attacks since the molten balls are limited by a cooldown so stacking as much AS as possible is not advised.

Hey, I'm on vacation and only have my phone, so pardon my spelling and inability to check much.

First thing, you might check for a pob update for combustion. Before I left, it seemed like it didn't apply the resist penalty at all.
Second, I don't even know, how the wording of combustion is to be interpreted. You could read it to mean -19% fire resist global for the duration of the ignite (always on). If that is true, we want combustion on 1 skill to provide this debuff. Due to ignite mechanics, I'd put it in the Axe. That would also mean ele focus on cyclone.

edit:
According to Reddit, it is actually global. So that is a great buff. That means default setup combustion in the Axe and not on cyclone.

However maybe even herald of Ash or anger could provide this debuff. That could be the ultimate solution. If we get the -19% res from that, both main skills could run ele focus which is obviously stronger than combustion without the resist penalty.

If however the resist modifier of combustion is local to the supported skill, we probably want it in both setups.

Now to your "secondary" gem question. Of course, damage on full life will always come out ahead if you check the "are you always on full life" checkbox. The question is, if that is true. I can see an advantage here for the Slayer due to his overleech, but I honestly don't know how much of the time you really are considered to be on full life. In my personal opinion, this is just a PoB-Warrior gem.

About impurity of fire, I doubt it's worth it. We have so much pen that 0% is often a buff for the monster.
Editado por útlima vez por Solmyr77 en 4 jun. 2018 14:41:52
In the meantime I figured it out that Combustion in the axe and ELe Focus in the armour might be a godlike combo, I just did not get any confirmation whether the debuff is global or not. Until now. It's great news! It should work with Herald as well imo, however that way you won't get the benefit when fighting bosses, single target enemies. Not sure about Anger, it would be broken as hell in case it works.

As the ultimate gem, I swapped in Melee Physical damage, which gives as much damage as Dmg on Full Life with the benefit of not being conditional. :)

edit: The Combustion gem itself says it only supports skills that actually hit enemies. Doesn't work with HoA or Anger. Feels bad man.
Editado por útlima vez por phobia90s en 4 jun. 2018 18:35:16
"
Basett escribió:
How does the Vaal component of the new Cyclone skill gem effect this build?

I reckon it will be useful on boss fight. Extra damage boost is always good. :)

"
phobia90s escribió:
So what do you guys use as an ultimate gem setup with Champion?

With the introduction of the new combustion gem, which is somewhat superior to Ele Focus, we obviously can't use both.

I'm using Cyclone - Fire Pen - WED - AoE/CE - Combustion - Damage on Full life/Faster attacks/Added fire(?)

What would be the best option out of the 3 above mentioned gems (Added Fire x Faster Attacks x Dmg on Full Life)?

If you pick Fortitude for Champion ascendancy, you will drop Fortify gem for Added Fire.

Damage on Full life gem works better on Slayer because of Overleech.

I checked POB and Elemental Focus linked to Cyclone will still provide more damage on Shaper as compared to Combustion gem. So you will definitely want to keep that.

And as mentioned by @Solmyr77, have Combustion in your axe.

"
Mioushu escribió:
Hey do u consider new vaal version of purity of fire ? 0 resists of mobs is like 75% more damage . Greetings Dareiosh

As pointed out by @Solmyr77, Vaal Impurity of Fire is not good because the build has lots of fire penetration. Using it will result in a damage lose.

"
Oupsimdead escribió:
Hello ! i'm having troubles even clearing uberlab for the first time! Could anyone check my gear and tell me how to upgrade to be able to clear Ulab ?
Should i buy a rare 6link while waiting for my bronns 5L ? Ty in advance!

You will want high life rolls on all your rare slots. You can consider switching Carnage Heart to a rare amulet with high life roll.

Run Enfeeble instead of Flammability when you do Uber Lab. Enfeeble is really good for leveling and mapping.

If you are not familiar with Uber lab, you will want 5300+ life before attempting.

"
phobia90s escribió:
In the meantime I figured it out that Combustion in the axe and ELe Focus in the armour might be a godlike combo, I just did not get any confirmation whether the debuff is global or not. Until now. It's great news! It should work with Herald as well imo, however that way you won't get the benefit when fighting bosses, single target enemies. Not sure about Anger, it would be broken as hell in case it works.

As the ultimate gem, I swapped in Melee Physical damage, which gives as much damage as Dmg on Full Life with the benefit of not being conditional. :)

edit: The Combustion gem itself says it only supports skills that actually hit enemies. Doesn't work with HoA or Anger. Feels bad man.

You will want the following gems setup for Champion with Fortitude:

"
Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Elemental Focus + Melee Physical + Added Fire + Concentrated

The above should provide the most damage.

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP
Editado por útlima vez por MDGASTON en 5 jun. 2018 1:37:35
"You will want the following gems setup for Champion with Fortitude:

Cyclone + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Elemental Focus + Melee Physical + Added Fire + Concentrated

The above should provide the most damage."

Added Fire deals more damage than Fire Pen? That's quite strange, I thought pen>everything else.
"
phobia90s escribió:
"You will want the following gems setup for Champion with Fortitude:

The above should provide the most damage."

Added Fire deals more damage than Fire Pen? That's quite strange, I thought pen>everything else.

It depends on gears. You will want to check against Shaper damage on POB since end game boss damage is what you want to focus on.

Switch Fire Penetration with Added Fire and compare. For my SSF char, Added Fire gives more damage. Also check it against Watcher's Eye too.
is carnage heart any good here?
For general map clearing, like Shaped red maps, and incursions still bronn's lithe, or carcass jack is better there?
"
Klintisztvud escribió:
For general map clearing, like Shaped red maps, and incursions still bronn's lithe, or carcass jack is better there?

Bronn's Lithe is still the best for pure damage. It gives like 80k+ dps in PoB for me, however, only if you get the g - b - b - r - r - r off colors which can be a real pain in the ass. As OP stated in a previous post, the best gem setup damage-wise is Cyclone - Ele Focus - Conc Effect/Aoe - Ele Damage w/ Attacks - Melee Phys - Added Fire. It is really hard to achieve this on a Bronn's, especially early league when you're starving for currency. The 2nd most damage output you can reach is either Added Fire or Melee Phys replaced with Combustion. This color combination is easier to achieve, however this setup kinda negates the point of getting Bronn's, as getting as much damage as possible. With this combination, I only got 50k more effective dps in PoB, and this is the point when Carcass comes into play, as you can reach almost the same amount of damage with the most powerful gem setup (+Carcass) as with Bronn's combined with the 2nd most powerful gem setup (Combustion instead of Added Fire). Additionally, if you go Carcass you get life, resist, and more AoE. Personally, I'm gonna go with it as it seems to be the more well-rounded option out of the two.

tl;dr: If you have money go for Bronn's, but only with the g - b - b - r - r - r colour combo. Otherwise, go for Carcass as it gives damage, AoE, life, resist, and you don't have to spend currency on getting 5-off colours which can be a huge sink early league.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional