[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
bravo373 escribió:

Hi i need help pls...what flask replace for Dying Sun?

Dying Sun is a bad flask considering it’s staggeringly high price. The molten bursts don’t bring that much damage compared to cyclone nor do they occur often enough to have two more projectiles affect them greatly. The flask would be amazing for an actual MS build because it kicks out an insane amount of projectiles, but this build, its lackluster at best. Grab a Writhing Jar to proc Headsman. It gives a 20% more multi, which amplifies both your cyclone and MB projectiles, so it brings way more dps in a boss situation.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
bravo373 escribió:

Hi i need help pls...what flask replace for Dying Sun?

Dying Sun is a bad flask considering it’s staggeringly high price. The molten bursts don’t bring that much damage compared to cyclone nor do they occur often enough to have two more projectiles affect them greatly. The flask would be amazing for an actual MS build because it kicks out an insane amount of projectiles, but this build, its lackluster at best. Grab a Writhing Jar to proc Headsman. It gives a 20% more multi, which amplifies both your cyclone and MB projectiles, so it brings way more dps in a boss situation.

Oh but i just bought it for 5ex...and now u say its bad flask... :D...so is there any option to use it and replace for other flask if i have it?

And
is better run 2B 2R 2G socket on it?
Editado por útlima vez por bravo373 en 5 ene. 2018 10:05:04
I was able to 5L the Bronn's that I got to drop, I just can't get worthwhile colors to roll on it after spending my 100 chromatics that I had. No worries on that though, it gives me something to work on while I try to progress and if I do somehow come up with the 10 exalted or whatever for 6L Bronns, I'll just snag that.

In the meantime, I do need an upgrade.. I think I need to buy a helmet. Mine isn't doing too much for me at the moment as far as I can tell.
i have swap my gems: Vaal lightning trap with Anger (becouse im using watchers eye) it was good choice? or i shoukd place anger somewhere else?
Which would provide more benefit? 6L Bronn or getting watcher's eye? Also do you think I have enough dps and hp to do elder?

My cyclone at HO is about 87k and the balls do 9k. HP at 4779 and armor at 9495
Editado por útlima vez por Norwind en 5 ene. 2018 11:18:54
Hey guys I went back to Bronn's from Belly, should I put Iron Reflexes?

Also @Tiem do you really think Dying Sun isn't worth it? Should I get Taste of Hate instead? This is what I Have currently
Editado por útlima vez por Jonamitsu en 5 ene. 2018 11:25:38
"
Enrasil01 escribió:
Pretty new to this Build and having a blast. Would you recommend a Abyss or a "old" Jewel if you have the choice ?

Depending on rolls. I would priortise Abyssal jewels over the "old" jewels.

A mixture of both is nice too.

"
saikazi escribió:
Beat Shaper for the first time. Thank you for the great guide!

Congrats!

"
bravo373 escribió:

Oh but i just bought it for 5ex...and now u say its bad flask... :D...so is there any option to use it and replace for other flask if i have it?

And
is better run 2B 2R 2G socket on it?

Dying Sun is not a bad flask for certain. Else it won't be 5ex pricey. :)

It gives around 20% more damage to Molten Burst and also AOE.

Personally I run ignite setup on the axe and Elemental Focus on Cyclone. If you want to focus on pure damage, you can go for Elemental Focus for both axe and Cyclone.

"
frenzul escribió:
I was able to 5L the Bronn's that I got to drop, I just can't get worthwhile colors to roll on it after spending my 100 chromatics that I had. No worries on that though, it gives me something to work on while I try to progress and if I do somehow come up with the 10 exalted or whatever for 6L Bronns, I'll just snag that.

In the meantime, I do need an upgrade.. I think I need to buy a helmet. Mine isn't doing too much for me at the moment as far as I can tell.

Your flask will definitely need some work on. Check out the budget flask setup in post #1.

Helm wise, besides Devoto, you can also go for Starkonja if you needed that extra life.

I see that you are without Xoph's Blood. I strongly recommend you to get Avatar of Fire from the skill tree.

Also, check out the Recommended Rares and FAQ sections.

Follow the guide closely and you will have a more enjoyable journey with the build. :)

"
elbowndg escribió:
i have swap my gems: Vaal lightning trap with Anger (becouse im using watchers eye) it was good choice? or i shoukd place anger somewhere else?

You can certainly replace Vaal Lightning Trap with Anger.

"
Norwind escribió:
Which would provide more benefit? 6L Bronn or getting watcher's eye? Also do you think I have enough dps and hp to do elder?

Spoiler

My cyclone at HO is about 87k and the balls do 9k. HP at 4779 and armor at 9495

Upgrading from 5L to 6L gives you 40% more damage. Watcher's Eye with extra fire gives around 15%. So definitely go for 6L first.

You definitely have the damage but you are severely lacking in life pool. You will want to aim for 6000 life at level 90.

Change your jewels to provide you flat life. That should push it up.

Btw, I believe you are missing 3 skill book quests. Check that out. At level 90, you should have gotten the 3 life % nodes at Devotion.

"
Jonamitsu escribió:

Also @Tiem do you really think Dying Sun isn't worth it? Should I get Taste of Hate instead? This is what I Have currently

As long as you have 3000 armor, that is enough. And you can definitely go for Iron Reflexes if you are comfortable with more armor.

For Dying Sun, it is definitely worth it (otherwise it won't be so pricey).

Since you are using Writhing Jar, you can replace your life flask with Dying Sun. Dying Sun gives 20% more damage to Molten Burst.
"
Jonamitsu escribió:

That's what I run. For the price, Taste of Hate is a way better investment. Plus it helps a great deal with Shape/Elder as they both deal insane (and only) cold damage when it comes to elemental. Together with Purity of Ice, you can get 86% cold resistance and funnel a large chunk of physical damage through it as well. It also brings about 5% more damage with it, which applies to all your skills not just your projectiles. Just be careful as it will push your cold resistance through the roof and will likely negate Wise Oak (which is also not nearly as good as it used to be).

I run Writhing Jar, Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar. The other two are life and quicksilver.

MB has a 20% of proc'ing and deals about ~10% of the damage cyclone deals. Multiply that x7 with Greater Multiple Projectiles. So out of every 10 hits, you get 14 projectiles. So you can look at that as 70% damage with 2 extra hits.

10 hits on Cyclone
2 hits on MB (@70%)

Dying Sun will boost that 70% to 90%, so you'll see a 20% boost on a skill that's actually rarely used (MB brings less than 20% more damage on top of Cyclone, on average).

That's exactly what Headsman brings, but it's also boosting Cyclone. So you get a 20% boost to your existing 7 projectiles, which make up a fraction of your total damage and then a 20% to Cyclone itself, the meat and potatoes of the build. And you get all that at a 1c cost.

I'd sell Dying Sun and use that ex for some better gear that will bring a meaningful upgrade, like a Devoto's with Cyclone damage or Cyclone Attack Speed, both provide way more dps than an increase to your curse, which does very little to end game bosses.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
Jonamitsu escribió:

That's what I run. For the price, Taste of Hate is a way better investment. Plus it helps a great deal with Shape/Elder as they both deal insane (and only) cold damage when it comes to elemental. Together with Purity of Ice, you can get 86% cold resistance and funnel a large chunk of physical damage through it as well. It also brings about 5% more damage with it, which applies to all your skills not just your projectiles. Just be careful as it will push your cold resistance through the roof and will likely negate Wise Oak (which is also not nearly as good as it used to be).

I run Writhing Jar, Taste of Hate and Lion's Roar. The other two are life and quicksilver.

MB has a 20% of proc'ing and deals about ~10% of the damage cyclone deals. Multiply that x7 with Greater Multiple Projectiles. So out of every 10 hits, you get 14 projectiles. So you can look at that as 70% damage with 2 extra hits.

10 hits on Cyclone
2 hits on MB (@70%)

Dying Sun will boost that 70% to 90%, so you'll see a 20% boost on a skill that's actually rarely used (MB brings less than 20% more damage on top of Cyclone, on average).

That's exactly what Headsman brings, but it's also boosting Cyclone. So you get a 20% boost to your existing 7 projectiles, which make up a fraction of your total damage and then a 20% to Cyclone itself, the meat and potatoes of the build. And you get all that at a 1c cost.

I'd sell Dying Sun and use that ex for some better gear that will bring a meaningful upgrade, like a Devoto's with Cyclone damage or Cyclone Attack Speed, both provide way more dps than an increase to your curse, which does very little to end game bosses.

Alright thanks that's actually the next thing on my shopping list the cyclone aspd devoto's. I see the 15% aspd and 40% dmg are the same price. Which is better?
Editado por útlima vez por Jonamitsu en 5 ene. 2018 12:19:49
"
Upgrading from 5L to 6L gives you 40% more damage. Watcher's Eye with extra fire gives around 15%. So definitely go for 6L first.

You definitely have the damage but you are severely lacking in life pool. You will want to aim for 6000 life at level 90.

Change your jewels to provide you flat life. That should push it up.

Btw, I believe you are missing 3 skill book quests. Check that out. At level 90, you should have gotten the 3 life % nodes at Devotion.

I think Im missing 2 from the bandits quest which Ill fix. I typed /passives and compared it to wiki and it seems like I got them all? Thanks Ill get those nodes for sure

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional