[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Norwind escribió:
Since I dont have xoph's blood which gems should I run on my axe? The 1st page isnt too clear since one of the link trees show avatar of fire.

If you don't have Xoph, I strongly advise you to take Avatar of Fire in the skill tree.
"
frenzul escribió:

Want to hear the worst part? I started this character with the intention of using lightning arrow or something similar. I made it around level 35 or so and I just couldn't kill a thing. My passives were over in the ranger side and I had a ton in bow nodes. So, I'm surprised I've transitioned as well as I have when I probably should've just started over.

I agree about the gloves, I just wanted to try them. I didn't have much else better and as this is the first for many things for me, it's the first time I have seen so many different uniques drop that aren't the same crappy uniques you can find in A1-A5.

I did have a question for you though, or anyone for that matter. I watched a video of someone's molten build yesterday and he was using that ancestral support that mimics your skill. It was absolutely filling screens with molten bursts. Is that something we could try on our Ngamahu to get even more fire orbs while we cyclone? I also see you have a Ngamahu 6S unlinked.. I wish I noticed we could do that. I'll drop some jewelers on mine tonight and get it 6 socks. Will probably make a huge difference as well.

I'm really pumped about this character. Really looking forward to seeing how high it can go. I've never pushed maps at all and usually run out of gas around T5.

Oh, sorry for funking rambling (im bored at work again).. but I ran into my first breach in a map, while I was following an abyss. I had to toggle visible loot so I could continue to move around the map and kill stuff. It was beyond amazing. I need to find more breaches. After I look into getting new gloves though. I think I have a few chaos orbs I can shop with.

Yes you can definitely go switch cyclone in chest to Molten Strike. If you have a spare 6L chest, you can set it up like this:

"
Molten Strike + Acenstral Call + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage With Attacks + Multistrike + Concentrated.

And do a chest swap against boss.

"
bravo373 escribió:
So what is better? Drop Herald and play with Anger + Enfee or drop Enfee and play with ANger + Herald?

Vs Shaper:
"
Hatred/Anger + Herald of Ash (strongest) >

Flammability + Herald of Ash >

Flammability + Hatred/Anger (weakest)

If you have extra fire damage Watcher's Eye, vs Shaper:
"
Anger + Herald of Ash gives the most damage

For leveling (if you have Watcher's Eye with extra fire daamge):
"
Anger + Enfeeble

For leveling without Watcher's Eye:
"
Enfeeble + Herald of Ash

"
saikazi escribió:
What is the best helmet enchant? Cyclone dmg, attack speed or flamm effect?

Check FAQ. :)

"
Lamonica escribió:
How much damage (roughly) would one lose out on with the following :

Suppose everything else is identical in the two scenarios, but one has a 5L Bronn's and the other a 5L Carcass Jack...

I'm not looking for numbers and technicalities here, just an estimation :)

Pretty much what @dperls said. 5L Bronn gives approximately 15% more damage than 5L Carcass. The same numbers apply to 6L too.

"
Deonbekende escribió:
Im sorry if the question have already been posted 200 times but ... what the difference between Cyclone slayer and berserker ? Each one have a different purpose ? Cause in the title you put forward the "lab runner" thing so maybe Slayer is better for lab and berserker can't do it because something i don't know.

I can't decide between both.

Both can clear end game but Slayer is better when it comes to Uber lab running because of over leech and immunity to bleed while leeching.

"
zlowred escribió:
Ok guys i need some math help again...just crafted 2 rings
now i can craft last mod there, so wich one elreons is better Adds (3–5 to 7–9) Physical Damage to your Attacks or Adds (10–20 to 13–26) Fire Damage to your Attacks? help me pls!

Go for flat physical damage.

"
Hyptronic5876 escribió:
So i have a question about ngamahus vall options,
2 weapon range or cull?

ive probably missed the same question in 355 pages, sry >.<

+2 weapon range because Slayer has 20% culling strike. :)

"
Mysteryhero888 escribió:
What is the priority between watcher's eye, taste of hate, and dying sun?

In terms of damage, Watcher's Eye > Dying Sun > Taste of Hate.

"
jujib3z escribió:
Where do I go from here? What do I upgrade? I don't feel like Watcher's Eye is good value for me because of my helmet enchantment and the fact I would most likely be ditching flammability. What other stuff should I upgrade at this point? I feel like my damage is weak and without going the Anger route, how can I get it up?

Spoiler

You have a very nice belt. Keep it. Same goes to your rings. They are nice.

Gloves will need a higher life roll.

You need an anti-freeze flask. Roll that on your quick silver.

The next biggest dps upgrade for you will be to recolor your Bronn to 3R2B1G. Can be very costly to get that color. Be warned.

Helm enchant, you can go for 40% cyclone damage.

And in terms of damage, Watcher's Eye with extra fire damage gives you around 20% more damage than Flammability. So I will definitely go for Watcher's Eye and drop Flammability.

Also, get all your gems to 20% quality. You are missing damage over there.

"
dacamell escribió:

Died at lvl 88. Got unlucky I guess im not really sure how I died. I had no problems doing any maps other than reflect maps. Never had gotten bellow 25% due to mobs previously. Maybe there was a high damage/crit roll on the map or elder mobs deal more damage than I thought but I instantly died when I entered the room with the portal.

Really dank build had lots of fun

Ouch. Sorry to see that. :(

7K with enfeeble and still get 1 shot... Is it a nasty map roll?

"
Hyuga0501 escribió:
Im starting to struggle with map conent, and I really dont know why.. thinking its armour/life?

Spoiler

I know I need steel/opal rings and Dying sun... too poor for em atm

thats my current setup... looking for any advice...

Beast Loop ring can be upgraded.

3R2B1G Bronn will give you big dps boost. Expensive to get that color.

Roll anti-freeze on your quick silver flask.

Replace Atziri's Promise. It does nothing for the build.

Check out the flask section for recommended rolls and setup.

Gloves can have better life roll on it. You want attack speed on gloves too.

If you are looking for damage buff, Watcher's Eye that provide EXTRA fire damage will be better than Dying Sun flask.

For leveling, run Enfeeble curse. It gives you 30% more survivability.

"
Speaker4TheDead escribió:

What should I do with this belt, just throw max life craft on it and call it good?

Yes. Craft life on it. :)

"
mschultz32 escribió:
With Xoph's blood and belly of the beast - what 6L chest setup is superior damage?

3R2G1B
2R2G2B

Regardless of chest, 3R2B1G provides the most damage.

"
Jonamitsu escribió:
Hi I was wondering why I still get 1 shot by the minotaur with my current gear. I have 7k hp

Spoiler

Do I need to get more dodge or block or something?

Among all guardians, I find Minotaur to be the toughest. You don't want to stay under his falling rocks. Especially when they stack.

Run Enfeeble curse when you fight him. And kite whenever you can.

"
"
swiftwilly escribió:

Any thoughts on gem setup against Uber Atziri?

She's harder than Shaper/Elder by far. Mostly it's the trio. For her, swap out HoA for Purity of Fire. From there it basically comes to flask usage, make sure you have ruby flasks with the dousing mod to get rid of her burn. The vaal vessels you'll want to take topaz flasks with you and use Purity of Lightning for the giant wave of orbs they toss at you. The rest is dodging their beams and heavy slams.

The trio are rough. You'll need at least a couple of flasks with the staunching mod for their bleed. You negate it when you leech but you have to move around a lot, which means lots of kiting. Unfortunately there is no aura you can run to help you. But you could run with Anger/WE, then set up blasphemy and enfeeble, it's pretty much your best bet.

That map is hard. It'll come down to mechanical play more than anything. In all my years of playing, that one I've never done deathless. Even when EQ was introduced and Juggernaut could generate instant max ECs, it was still insanely hard.

I will add that Uber Atziri reflects curse back to you too. So you will want to drop curse when you fight her.

Run Enfeeble vs Vaal Oversoul and Trio. Replace Enfeeble with Hatred when you fight the queen. If you have Watcher's Eye, use Anger instead.

"
Norwind escribió:
Since I dont have xoph's blood which gems should I run on my axe? The 1st page isnt too clear since one of the link trees show avatar of fire.

What @BaKouneT said. Use Avatar of Fire skill tree. Gems setup are exactly the same as Xoph's Blood.

For the axe, both setup works. 1 does ignite, while the other does pure damage. Personally I go for ignite setup on axe.
"
kira1414 escribió:
"
frenzul escribió:

I did have a question for you though, or anyone for that matter. I watched a video of someone's molten build yesterday and he was using that ancestral support that mimics your skill. It was absolutely filling screens with molten bursts. Is that something we could try on our Ngamahu to get even more fire orbs while we cyclone? I also see you have a Ngamahu 6S unlinked.. I wish I noticed we could do that. I'll drop some jewelers on mine tonight and get it 6 socks. Will probably make a huge difference as well.

Yes you can definitely go switch cyclone in chest to Molten Strike. If you have a spare 6L chest, you can set it up like this:

"
Molten Strike + Acenstral Call + Melee Physical + Elemental Damage With Attacks + Multistrike + Concentrated.

And do a chest swap against boss.

Hey! Thanks for the response again. It wasn't my question but I may try that for bosses anyway. I did um.. Spider Lair this morning, I think. If it's T7 at least, that's what I tried. Trash was instant dead, but that spider boss is the first thing that has taken a small bit of effort.

Quick update (im sorry, i know people probably dont care) but I did swap out my unique gloves like you said and am using these for now - im saving up to buy something more important first and I thought these were ok.
Spoiler
I also do like to use stuff I find, for as long as possible.. just preference really..

I also spammed a couple jewelers on my ngamahu axe and got it 6 sockets as well as started working on my Bronn's that I found. I got it 6 sockets as well, so I'm going to do some research today on linking. I'm curious if it is more likely to spam fuses on them or use a master (not even sure if that's possible).

My original question though, was just concerning support gems on the axe itself. I was wondering if Ancestral Call would work on it to create even more molten bursts. I didn't have an open red socket, but I did try Volley Support on it and that didn't seem to do anything (that I could tell visually at least). I was just looking for a little more coverage from the bursts, that's all. Mostly just for fun and trying out.

Still, having a blast with this playstyle.
I guess I'll level an Enfeeble in my alt weaps while I farm for dying sun and a cyclone aspd helm
"
jujib3z escribió:
Where do I go from here? What do I upgrade? I don't feel like Watcher's Eye is good value for me because of my helmet enchantment and the fact I would most likely be ditching flammability. What other stuff should I upgrade at this point? I feel like my damage is weak and without going the Anger route, how can I get it up?

Spoiler

"
kira1414 escribió:
You have a very nice belt. Keep it. Same goes to your rings. They are nice.

Gloves will need a higher life roll.

You need an anti-freeze flask. Roll that on your quick silver.

The next biggest dps upgrade for you will be to recolor your Bronn to 3R2B1G. Can be very costly to get that color. Be warned.

Helm enchant, you can go for 40% cyclone damage.

And in terms of damage, Watcher's Eye with extra fire damage gives you around 20% more damage than Flammability. So I will definitely go for Watcher's Eye and drop Flammability.

Also, get all your gems to 20% quality. You are missing damage over there.

Thanks for the direction, this is great- now I know what I need to do. What would my gem set up by for 3R2B1G on my chest?

Which jewel would you recommend I replace with Watcher's Eye?

Lastly, I could look this up but wouldn't an anti-freeze quicksilver replace removes curses? How would I deal with curses then?

Editado por útlima vez por jujib3z en 4 ene. 2018 10:01:53
Yes I have avatar of fire for sure on my skill tree. Just wondering which gem setup would be best to max the dmg based on the slot colors I have. Just wondering if its worth rerolling
Hey, nice guiude. I have question about wise oak. Im confused, why do you use it, since unique effects both work for uncapped resists, but you have them all capped, what am I missing?
"
Hey, nice guiude. I have question about wise oak. Im confused, why do you use it, since unique effects both work for uncapped resists, but you have them all capped, what am I missing?

It works like u have 100 fire 90 light 90cold...and it takes the highest one so fire..so if u have cap 75/75/75...so u need fire like 76/75/75
Hey guys!

I know in the guide it says to get Xoph's Blood before the 6L Bronn's... but is it really?

A friend just got his 3r 2g 1b... and my tooltip dps went from 57k to 77k. I was melting mobs. And I don't even have my jewels lvl 20 yet (and not even any quality on them).

The downside.. my hp dropped from 5300 to 4700.. but still that's a lot of DPS increase.

Why to prioritise Xoph's over a 6L?
I don't know if xoph's blood is even the right amulet anymore, with impresence making flammability free you can run herald of ash and anger at the same time. Coupled with a watchers eye amulet to get fire pen and phys as extra fire while affected by anger you can replace xoph's a do more damage. It's expensive but better, my pipe dream for this league is to get them, was playing around in pob and got this for max damage. It's with fortify linked into cyclone too, using conc effect in place of inc aoe

Editado por útlima vez por Chyurdan en 4 ene. 2018 15:02:23

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional