[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

thanks for build.
"
kira1414 escribió:

What you wrote isn't true. From POB tests, extra fire gives more damage on Shaper than fire penetration.

Yeah what I wrote is absolutely true. Uncheck Wise Oak. So unless you have found a way to get perma uptime on that flask, which I'd be all ears on, fire pen pulls ahead.

Wise Oak is a shit flask anyway and it depends on your reistances so if you don't have those aligned the flask, it literally does nothing. Just another burden for a tiny boost actually. A better one is Writhing Jar which you can use to proc Headsman, which gives a whopping 20% more damage multi and 15% increased AoE. In a boss fight, like Elder and especially shaper, you can't keep that up since most of it as there are no adds. And the "recently" window is tiny (4s). Writhing Jar can give you 2 full charges, that's 8s of massive damage. Pair that with fire pen and you are well ahead on damage for the duration of the fight.

I would encourage everyone not to go full retard epeening in POB. Check options that you will most likely keep up during a prolonged fight. It's one thing for a random boss, because you can melt them in literally 4s. But for elder and shaper there is no way you're keeping them covered in ash, with all your flasks up, with frenzy charges, with ECs, with onslaught and shocked, like come on. Maybe mapping sure, but again, trash explodes on a 4L, so who cares. Your clears speeds aren't better if you hit for 22m or 5m if the monster only has 100k life.

I selected covered in ash as that's most likely the only proc you'll reliably get on just about any monster. The rest are going to be small windows so you're not going to see that 20m dps all day long.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
zlowred escribió:
"
N4Z escribió:
Hi.
Need some clarifications here.
1. Watcher's eye with extra fire on Anger DOES NOT work with Xoph's Blood.
I bought one with 36% phys converts to fire damage but my DPS tooltip did not update.
However, When I removed Xoph Blood, The DPS tooltip was updated. I reckon keystone Avatar of Fire is messed up.
2. If this is a case then Watcher's eye with fire pen is only an option for someone with Xoph Blood.
Damn, Wasted 1 EX For nothing.

Dude you dont want conversion watcher's eye, you want one with %gain as fire. Its different.

When you fail at reading lol. RIP. We've all be there tho oops :P

But I mean if you think about, what's it converting? You do no physical thanks for Xoph's providing AOF.
Deliver pain exquisite
Editado por útlima vez por ultratiem en 2 ene. 2018 7:52:16
"
Pred8oar escribió:
Great build so far, really enjoying the endgame for the first time. I have a lot of decent stuff, but a lot is still missing. I keep dying at 93, mainly due to me being bad and getting one hit by bosses, and have stopped leveling. I do have a bit of currency saved up and am not quite sure where to go. I can lose some resistance in general, aside from cold, and go for better rings. Unofrtunately my tree is a bit messed up due to severe lack of int. Any advice on what to do/buy is appreciated. I know i have to run some lab for the helm and boots, but what else is there to straight up improve on? Should i try to get more res on the belt and drop some from the jewels in exchange for more damage? I want to try to kill shaper and uber atziri at some point, and have already easily done red elder.

Other than that, thanks for the amazing guide.

Spoiler

Your character is hidden so I don't know how your tree look like. Gear wise, they are pretty decent. Rings can definitely get an upgrade but I would keep Wrath Knuckle ring. It is hard to replace that fella.

If you are adventurous, you can try rolling 3R2B1G on your Bronn (can be very costly).

And for leveling, definitely use Enfeeble instead of Flammability or Elemental Weakness. It gives you 30% more effective life pool. Which is huge.

"
kuzel escribió:
Thanks for the great guide! Xoph's blood is so expensive so I decided to respec some life nodes into Avatar of fire. Any suggestions to my item upgrades? I know I am missing many key items (taste of hate, dying sun, xoph's blood etc) but I am not sure what to prioritise!

Thanks again!

Spoiler

You can go for Impresence amulet (check out recommended gears for the setup to use with that amulet).

A rare amulet with high life roll to replace your Carnage Heart is fine too.

The physical leech on your gloves won't work for the build because it deals 100% fire. You can roll that to armor % instead.

Rings can be upgraded for more life and resist. I would prioritize those stats over damage.

And of course, 6L Bronn will give you 40% more damage. :)

"
N4Z escribió:
Hi.
Need some clarifications here.
1. Watcher's eye with extra fire on Anger DOES NOT work with Xoph's Blood.
I bought one with 36% phys converts to fire damage but my DPS tooltip did not update.
However, When I removed Xoph Blood, The DPS tooltip was updated. I reckon keystone Avatar of Fire is messed up.
2. If this is a case then Watcher's eye with fire pen is only an option for someone with Xoph Blood.
Damn, Wasted 1 EX For nothing.

What @zlowred said. You should go for:
"
Gain #% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage while affected by Anger

You bought the wrong one... :(

"
thedeep escribió:
thanks for build.

You are welcome. :)

"

Yeah what I wrote is absolutely true. Uncheck Wise Oak. So unless you have found a way to get perma uptime on that flask, which I'd be all ears on, fire pen pulls ahead.

Wise Oak is a shit flask anyway and it depends on your reistances so if you don't have those aligned the flask, it literally does nothing. Just another burden for a tiny boost actually. A better one is Writhing Jar which you can use to proc Headsman, which gives a whopping 20% more damage multi and 15% increased AoE. In a boss fight, like Elder and especially shaper, you can't keep that up since most of it as there are no adds. And the "recently" window is tiny (4s). Writhing Jar can give you 2 full charges, that's 8s of massive damage. Pair that with fire pen and you are well ahead on damage for the duration of the fight.

I would encourage everyone not to go full retard epeening in POB. Check options that you will most likely keep up during a prolonged fight. It's one thing for a random boss, because you can melt them in literally 4s. But for elder and shaper there is no way you're keeping them covered in ash, with all your flasks up, with frenzy charges, with ECs, with onslaught and shocked, like come on. Maybe mapping sure, but again, trash explodes on a 4L, so who cares. Your clears speeds aren't better if you hit for 22m or 5m if the monster only has 100k life.

I selected covered in ash as that's most likely the only proc you'll reliably get on just about any monster. The rest are going to be small windows so you're not going to see that 20m dps all day long.

Not trying to be rude but you don't seem to have tested out the damage difference using the pastebin I pasted.

Here is another test result from the same exact paste bin, with flasks and buffs all turned off. No retard epeening stats with POB. ;)

Screen showing buffs turned off, Shaper on

Shaper DPS with Double Anger (no flask no buff)
"

Shaper DPS with Extra Fire Anger (no flask no buff)
"

Shaper DPS with Fire Pen. Anger (no flask no buff)
"

Without buff, extra fire still pulls ahead of fire penetration on Shaper.

Why is that the case? Extra fire is applied to the base damage before fire penetration. This is why extra fire will be ahead and you need very high amount of fire penetration in order to beat extra fire.
"
redviles escribió:
Some things I would like to mention for the build to help increase dps for your molten burst from the Ngamahu axe and the ancestral warchief totems.

Instead of using this for your molten burst:

Swapping out Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Elemental focus would increase your dps quite a bit, and your gems should be:

For Ancestral warchief totems, instead of using this:
No disponible

Swapping out the faster attacks for Elemental focus would help increase your dps, and your gems should be:
No disponible

Hope this can help you guys :)
you dont run immortal call/cwdt ?
Algunos objetos de esta publicación no se encuentran disponibles actualmente.
"
fleshpuppet escribió:
Spoiler
"
redviles escribió:
Some things I would like to mention for the build to help increase dps for your molten burst from the Ngamahu axe and the ancestral warchief totems.

Instead of using this for your molten burst:

Swapping out Physical Projectile Attack Damage for Elemental focus would increase your dps quite a bit, and your gems should be:

For Ancestral warchief totems, instead of using this:
No disponible

Swapping out the faster attacks for Elemental focus would help increase your dps, and your gems should be:
No disponible

Hope this can help you guys :)
you dont run immortal call/cwdt ?
Spoiler

A brief history:

The early versions of the build only relies on endurance charges from Enduring Cry and @redviles was playing the first versions back then when he clear Shaper with the build.

So in other words, CWDT + IC and pure enduring cry, both works for the build.
Algunos objetos de esta publicación no se encuentran disponibles actualmente.
Hello guys!

Working hard on trying to clear all the game contents.

Could you please let me know what I could do to improve my build?

I will not be able to afford the Xoph amulet yet, so I went on the avatar of fire node.

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

I have tried to 6L another Bronn for a long time now but no luck just yet!

Thank you a lot for the guide, really helped me understanding how this game works

I will hopefully kill Shaper one day :)
"
GraissE escribió:
Hello guys!

Working hard on trying to clear all the game contents.

Could you please let me know what I could do to improve my build?

I will not be able to afford the Xoph amulet yet, so I went on the avatar of fire node.

Here is my gear:

Spoiler

I have tried to 6L another Bronn for a long time now but no luck just yet!

Thank you a lot for the guide, really helped me understanding how this game works

I will hopefully kill Shaper one day :)

First and foremost do replace your flasks. Get divine life flasks and get rid of the mana flask, it shouldn't be needed. And you really shouldn't be using an 'of animation' flask.

Your ammy is not that great either. Since you can't afford a Xoph's, Impresence or Carnage Heart are the way to go until then.

Other than that try to replace the abyss jewel on your belt. I realize you might need the int but you could get a much much better gem, and they're quite cheap.

You also forgot to link your second ring.
Editado por útlima vez por Absolutista en 2 ene. 2018 10:44:15
Thank you for your answer!

Here is the second ring:

The main problem is that i need some int to wear the gear and gems...maybe i should sacrifice a node or two for this?

Hey dudes. I just came back to PoE when this league started. It had been a while. I always just start playing the game with no build in mind and go the way that loot tempts me.

Surprisingly this time, I ended up doing well and I'm using cyclone/warchief/sunder for the first time. Long story short, I found this build, dropped sunder and picked up Ngamahu when I hit Act 10.

So now I am level 83 (my record is a level 84 essence drainer) and the last time I died was on the Act 10 boss. It's really fun, I have just been using upgrades that drop in T1-5 maps and it feels like butter cutting through mobs. I can pop all abysses I see at once, strongboxes, whatever. It's amazing.

Anyway - I just wanted say thank you even though I've half-assed it, as I slowly convert and use your build as a guide.

After picking through it a bit more while I'm at work today, I realized I think I actually got Bronn's to drop last night and I just tossed it in the bank not noticing it's a key item here. That will be fun to maybe work on while I map and try to socket something myself for the first time ever. Now I just need to figure out how to raise my damage a bit, although the 40k or so tooltip I'm at right now is far beyond anything I've ever played.

Spoiler

Here's some things I found so far on my own that I think fit the build ok.

Also confirmed, I have this sitting in my stash from last night lol..

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional