[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Hiwteyh escribió:

Thick skin gives average of 4,5% cause you also have to take the dext node on the way to it. 22% / 5 = 4.5%. You also have to take all 5 points for that effectiveness. Using my Mayhem char as an example, picking up Devotion for same 5 points (cause I already am specced into elementalist). 5519 life atm, picking up Thick skin = 5942, picking up devotion: 5971 + it gives you aura effectiveness and 40 strength which is also dmg increase for both your cyclone and your balls. Also gives you access to 2 point jewel socket.

I guess you decided against grabbing one of the highest DPS nodes for us on the tree, Primeval Force? Fair enough.
But for those who didn't, you can't count that dex node against it, because it was grabbed either way.
Also, which tree are you using? Because all of them for this build has you grabbing Devotion regardless, so I'm not sure why you're presenting it as mutually exclusive with Thick Skin. Or are you proposing you need to not take Catalyse, Devotion, and that jewel socket just to take Thick Skin?

"
Hiwteyh escribió:

Once you have decent damage you have enough leech anyway so that your leech is hard capped by life leech rate and not by your attack damage leeched as life. I know the phys leech doesnt do anything but it doesnt matter. Check PoB. Taking the attack damage leeched as life node in vitality void doesnt give you any more leech cause you are capped by life leech rate, only the life leech rate gives you more. So what you get from vitality void cluster is 5% more life leech rate for 2 points (or 3 if you have mana leech anywhere else) and what you get from Hematophagy is 8% more lifeleech rate + 20% increased damage.

Base is 20%, then possibly additions, Vitality Void 5%, Hema 8%. Brutal Fervour gives 10%. Then possible soul of arakaali gives 50% increase. So 20+10 = 30% for all slayers. Then if you have Hema you have 38%, or with vitality void 35% or with both 43%. Then 50% increase to that when bloodrate soul of arakaali shenanigans so 30 becomes 45% etc.

Numbers wise using my Harb Slayer as an example which takes both I have 2500 Lifeleech rate, with Pantheon proc it becomes around 3800 life leeched per second.

That's not the case at all for me. Check PoB.
Where are you getting your leech from, just the .4% from the Slayer ascendancy? I get it that I called my implementation of the build mediocre, but come on. I'm at 1753 with Vitality Void and 1259 with Hematophagy. Where, precisely, is your leech coming from?
"
Milomir escribió:

here, Numlock Leap Slam Trick

i seriously doubt this would get you banned

Thanks for the link!

"
Phosphenez escribió:
^ What he posted
I'm pretty sure i would have died many many times without it haha, it delays the leap and screws up pretty bad, i always play with Attack in place 'toggled' now, makes all characters gameplay feel more responsive.

Thank you too for mentioning it. Learnt new things there. :)

"
Hiwteyh escribió:

Once you have decent damage you have enough leech anyway so that your leech is hard capped by life leech rate and not by your attack damage leeched as life. I know the phys leech doesnt do anything but it doesnt matter. Check PoB. Taking the attack damage leeched as life node in vitality void doesnt give you any more leech cause you are capped by life leech rate, only the life leech rate gives you more. So what you get from vitality void cluster is 5% more life leech rate for 2 points (or 3 if you have mana leech anywhere else) and what you get from Hematophagy is 8% more lifeleech rate + 20% increased damage.

Base is 20%, then possibly additions, Vitality Void 5%, Hema 8%. Brutal Fervour gives 10%. Then possible soul of arakaali gives 50% increase. So 20+10 = 30% for all slayers. Then if you have Hema you have 38%, or with vitality void 35% or with both 43%. Then 50% increase to that when bloodrate soul of arakaali shenanigans so 30 becomes 45% etc.

Numbers wise using my Harb Slayer as an example which takes both I have 2500 Lifeleech rate, with Pantheon proc it becomes around 3800 life leeched per second.

Though it is true that with high damage, you can drop life leech % but high life leech % is definitely not a bad thing. From Wiki:

Leech duration
"
The leech recovery duration is how long in seconds a leech instance has to last to recover the entirety of the damage leeched.[5] It can be found by dividing the percent damage inflicted that is leeched by the leech recovery rate.

duration = damage dealt * % damage leeched / (max health * 0.02)

The above shows that high damage + high leech % = longer leech duration. It allows you to keep the leech going which is very good in tough fights like Shaper where you need to re-position quite frequently.

I would say 2 points for Vitality Void > 3 points for Hematophagy.

For 3 points spent on Hematophagy, what you really gain will be the 8% maximum leech rate and 20% increased damage while leeching whereas, 2 points on Vitality Void gives you 1.2% Damage leeched as life and 5% maximum leech rate.

As for the damage gained from Hematophagy, picking up Wrecking Ball will benefit the build more because besides physical damage, it also gives you more attack speed.

An important thing to note, the build benefit greatly from higher attack speed as it scales better. You can easily test this out using POB. :)
@Kira:

The length of the leech instance is good point, didnt think of that (didnt actually remember it even though read about it sometime). Was taking wrecking ball but specced into life when died at level 88 (SC mayhem). Checking it now would have been better to take it instead of the accuracy nodes. You make good points overall, exactly what I wanted to discuss. At this point this is just theorycrafting for me as I gave away all my equipment in mayhem already once I hit 90 =)

@Nura:
Couldnt find your PoB link in the past 4 pages at least, checking your profile but hard to see everything exactly, personally from links I would do fortify on leapslap and use increased area instead of concentrated effect (swap in conc for bosses if you feel like you need it, personally didnt feel that cause I doubt you are running guardians / shaper in mayhem). The Breach ring seems very bad dmg wise, quick search seems to have clear cut upgrades on poe.trade for 10 chaos (70 life, 60 total resists, physdmg or elemental dmg). Also personally like Slaughter quite a bit as a node cause it means 100% uptime on onslaught even if no rares or uniques around. Also dont think the 8% area node gives you extra range at this point so could swap it over for 8% increased elemental damage node.

Actually speccing out of all of the elementalist, devotion catalyse nodes and speccing into slaughter and the jewel node there + golems blood would give you clear damage increase.

And to answer your question regarding leech, the one dual node in vitality void + ascendandy.
Meaning Herbalism with golems blood =)

If you go for primeaval force then Herbalism is definitely something you should take as well especially if you run life flasks.

Why don't uses added fire damage on cyclone?
"
XP1DER escribió:
Why don't uses added fire damage on cyclone?

Fortify is a QOL gem so that you have 100% fortify up time.

You can certainly replace Fortify with Added Fire and link Fortify to Leap Slam. The drawback is that you will need to use leap slam to keep fortify up.
Hello all,

Thank to author for this build.

I'm new in PoE (playing ~2 mon) and looking for build for a new league. I like cyclone builds so i've tested 2 of them - this one and juggernaut with swords. I prefer this one for league start but have encountered with problem - its hard for me to run 12+ maps without death. Both of my cyclone chracters have not too expensive gear, but juggernaut cycloner able to kill guardians and farms 13-15 maps much more stable. Slayer cycloner now runs max 13 maps and everytime with 1-2-3 death.

The question is - can you please inspect my character, may be i miss something? What can i do to significant increase survivability?

I will be grateful for any advices
Editado por útlima vez por Old_Hroft en 2 dic. 2017 11:52:29
"
Old_Hroft escribió:
Hello all,

Thank to author for this build.

I'm new in PoE (playing ~2 mon) and looking for build for a new league. I like cyclone builds so i've tested 2 of them - this one and juggernaut with swords. I prefer this one for league start but have encountered with problem - its hard for me to run 12+ maps without death. Both of my cyclone chracters have not too expensive gear, but juggernaut cycloner able to kill guardians and farms 13-15 maps much more stable. Slayer cycloner now runs max 13 maps and everytime with 1-2-3 death.

The question is - can you please inspect my character, may be i miss something? What can i do to significant increase survivability?

I will be grateful for any advices

Enfeeble instead of flammability, rare amulet with high hp + whatever you need, get a Belly close to 40% hp(or Divine orb yours), your rings have really good damage but average life, you could try high hp rings with lower damage instead, from my experience even without AoF/Xoph's and playing focusing on defenses, damage is far from being bad.

With 7k hp + flasks up, 20/20 enfeeble(with 30% effect enchant), there's still a lot of close calls if i play reckless, so i rather be safe.
Note that i run ANY map mod other than can't leech, so i do run Physical/Elemental reflect and triple damage+crit, triple-curse(aka nothing since anti-curse flask works), etc.

I highly recommend a magic Granite instead of Lion's Roar for mapping, and get Anti-curse, it's EXTREMELY good for mapping, you can ignore Temporal Chains/Vulnerability/Ele. Weakness etc with anti-curse flask, also no '1shots' due to getting cursed while Cycloning and die before you even notice what happened, slayer doesn't need Silver Flask as well.

For mapping flasks i HIGHLY recommend:
Quicksilver (anti-freeze)
Granite (anti-curse)
Basalt (anti-shock)
Last 2 are up to you, usually 1 life flask (Catalysed Eternal for me), and Dying Sun for QoL/reflect.
Editado por útlima vez por Phosphenez en 2 dic. 2017 12:20:44
Great build,

is that build viable for 3.1?
Editado por útlima vez por Kurokâ en 2 dic. 2017 15:20:56
Uber, Shaper, Chayula down in Mayhem SC

Gear Used:
Spoiler
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Editado por útlima vez por Dkodr en 3 dic. 2017 11:12:24

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte