[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I'm usually farming lab in this game. So, is iron reflexes a good choice or armor+evasion build is better ?
"
endersblade escribió:
Man, I am suddenly having the absolute worst luck with this character. After so, so many deaths, I finally hit 70. My gear:

Spoiler

I'm waiting to be able to equip the following, both of which I actually crafted myself:

Spoiler

Before I defeated Kitava, I have been completely deathless since about the mid 40s. After Kitava, I can't even clear T1 maps without dying a few times. I tried a Mesa Map at 70 and died so many freaking times to random mobs that I ran out of portals. Really hard to level when you're losing more experience than you're gaining!

My current build:
I've done a decent balance between taking DPS nodes and survival nodes, I think I just broke 4k HP. Obviously will go higher with the newer gear.

I have spent 1100 freaking fusings trying to 6 link my chest, obviously failing, and over 400 trying to get the colors right. I don't have Vorici high enough to try the 2B 1R option so I've been just doing it one Orb at a time. In other words, my gem setup isn't optimal, and I now don't have the Orbs necessary to change the gear I currently have for better survival gems.

My life leech is through the roof. But it does nothing when I get one-shot. Which happens far, far more than I would expect it to. My armor isn't very high, and my evasion is about 69% or so. Running Fire Golem.

With full procs and such, Cyclone's tooltip DPS is about 21k.

I plan on doing my gems a bit differently, just due to different playstyle:

Spoiler
Helm: Leap Slam + faster Attacks + Fortify + Increased Duration

Gloves: Blasphemy + Flammability + Flame Golem + Herald of Fire

Boots: CWDT + Molten Shell + Immortal Call + (Arctic Armor, but I plan on dropping that once I get tanky enough) + (Free Slot currently)

Chest: Increased AOE/Conc Effect + Elemental Focus + Cyclone + Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic (Can't sustain Cyclone currently on Mana while using Arctic Armor) (Switching Blood Magic out for Melee Phys once I can sustain on Mana alone)

I'll be using a Red Nightmare for Endurance Charges. Only need a few more Exalteds to buy it...

So besides the obvious problems (sub-optimal gems/slots, not currently Res capped, no fortify or endurance charges), is there some other glaring reason WHY I'm dying on T1 maps? I can understand dying on T3+ at this point, but T1s, seriously? It isn't even the BOSSES that are the issue, it's always the trash that kills me!

Do you have max resists? Because through your gear it doesn't look like it. I know you said you have some crafted stuff waiting but I would myself still recommend getting somethings earlier to max resistances. You should be able to get some stuff for 5 chaos 10 at most with decent resists.
Also from my own expedience you don't need a Sybil's on for reflect until you start running reflect maps. A Ruby flask will take care of any SINGLE reflect mob you encounter.
"
endersblade escribió:
Man, I am suddenly having the absolute worst luck with this character. After so, so many deaths, I finally hit 70. My gear:

Spoiler

I'm waiting to be able to equip the following, both of which I actually crafted myself:

Spoiler

Before I defeated Kitava, I have been completely deathless since about the mid 40s. After Kitava, I can't even clear T1 maps without dying a few times. I tried a Mesa Map at 70 and died so many freaking times to random mobs that I ran out of portals. Really hard to level when you're losing more experience than you're gaining!

My current build:
I've done a decent balance between taking DPS nodes and survival nodes, I think I just broke 4k HP. Obviously will go higher with the newer gear.

I have spent 1100 freaking fusings trying to 6 link my chest, obviously failing, and over 400 trying to get the colors right. I don't have Vorici high enough to try the 2B 1R option so I've been just doing it one Orb at a time. In other words, my gem setup isn't optimal, and I now don't have the Orbs necessary to change the gear I currently have for better survival gems.

My life leech is through the roof. But it does nothing when I get one-shot. Which happens far, far more than I would expect it to. My armor isn't very high, and my evasion is about 69% or so. Running Fire Golem.

With full procs and such, Cyclone's tooltip DPS is about 21k.

I plan on doing my gems a bit differently, just due to different playstyle:

Spoiler
Helm: Leap Slam + faster Attacks + Fortify + Increased Duration

Gloves: Blasphemy + Flammability + Flame Golem + Herald of Fire

Boots: CWDT + Molten Shell + Immortal Call + (Arctic Armor, but I plan on dropping that once I get tanky enough) + (Free Slot currently)

Chest: Increased AOE/Conc Effect + Elemental Focus + Cyclone + Elemental Damage + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic (Can't sustain Cyclone currently on Mana while using Arctic Armor) (Switching Blood Magic out for Melee Phys once I can sustain on Mana alone)

I'll be using a Red Nightmare for Endurance Charges. Only need a few more Exalteds to buy it...

So besides the obvious problems (sub-optimal gems/slots, not currently Res capped, no fortify or endurance charges), is there some other glaring reason WHY I'm dying on T1 maps? I can understand dying on T3+ at this point, but T1s, seriously? It isn't even the BOSSES that are the issue, it's always the trash that kills me!

How the f*ck did you farm that much to afford this stuff with only 70Llvl ? When i was 70 i had like 25 chaos max. God damn !
Update on my character in Harbinger. Bought 1 of each guardian map today (have never killed guardians before) and managed to go on a run of about 20 chained guardians with 1 or 0 deaths (Minotaur is horrible, did about 6 chimera deathless!)

My current gear set up at the moment. Did attempt Shaper, got to p3 but died at 30% on last portal. Very happy with the character so far, once my gems all hit 20 I'll go back and kill him! Any advice on what to upgrade next?
Does % increased Physical Damage with Axes jewels benefit this build?
"
Pancakezx escribió:
Update on my character in Harbinger. Bought 1 of each guardian map today (have never killed guardians before) and managed to go on a run of about 20 chained guardians with 1 or 0 deaths (Minotaur is horrible, did about 6 chimera deathless!)

My current gear set up at the moment. Did attempt Shaper, got to p3 but died at 30% on last portal. Very happy with the character so far, once my gems all hit 20 I'll go back and kill him! Any advice on what to upgrade next?

get conc effect asap in your weapon, and use either added fire or fire pen, against bosses added fire does better
IGN: Kitaen
"
endersblade escribió:
Man, I am a long post

Read the arctic armour description and stop using it. Make sure you're popping basalt and granite going in to packs. Get resistance capped. From L55-T13 or so should be no issue given you've got a Xoph's.

P.S. should focus on pure survivability in the tree before damage IMO, given the huge dps available at L55 through the Ngamahu's
Anyone tried this helmet instead for solo boss?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Three_Dragons

It turns ignite into shock doing double damage.
Had a great blast with this build. I dont know how you guys all get this mad amount of currency to afford 6l, xoph's and flasks though.

I have no issues with t13 and 14 map mobs at the moment, only to die at Shaped Atoll's Puruna.

I have about 5200 hp and max resists, but i still get oneshot by his ice nova/bomb every time i get close to him.

Any ideas on how to overcome this ?
I've been thinking on bringing a Aquamarine flask instead of a ruby and maybe swap out my herald and flammability for purity of ice and enfeeble
"
Zellez escribió:

How the f*ck did you farm that much to afford this stuff with only 70Llvl ? When i was 70 i had like 25 chaos max. God damn !

I'm only 70 on this char. I have 3 chars over 80 at this point. I also had two friends who quit and gave me all of their currency and gear, which I sold and made more currency. I also sell a buttload of stuff on poe.trade. You just gotta know what's worth what and you'll be rolling in currency in no time!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional