[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano escribió:

Glad you like it!

About Voidheart, I don't know how poison works on this build. But maybe you should reconsider using Voidheart. Having such APS with Gratuitous Violence, maybe Dirty Techniques is enough to poison enemies (maybe going for Blood in Eyes too?).

I've thought of blood in the eyes, but i kind of like violent retaliation. It's so useful when it kicks in and stacks. I figured id go the voidheart angle because i have these extra points to spend and once i hit 88 i can grab the bleed nodes. I kind of wanted the full damage of the original build and the bleed/poison for bosses that aren't immune to it.

Taking away VR means i lose damage to gain some damage. With my way, i get to keep it and add an extra kick with bleed/poison. And i save a bunch of regret orbs, if it ends up not working out.

but we'll see. I kind of want more hp/leech too. I'm only at 4800 hp now. 5000+ would be more comfortable :)
Editado por útlima vez por xgatsuux en 25 oct. 2016 10:35:25
Could you please tell me whats wrong with my build that sunder has only 20k dmg ? I think u can check my items. My static strike has only 41k dmg durring the buff. I play only maps so far, and sunder works much better

Any suggestions how to improve my character ? I have 60+ resitance

//

Just died at tier 10 map against some guy tyrant. He rekt me hard
Editado por útlima vez por Venereal_infection en 25 oct. 2016 16:33:19
"
mas_mariano escribió:
"
SoilnRock escribió:
Still enjoying this build a lot - lvl 88 atm with 4.8 k life and buffed 100 k damage.

I have one (possibly dumb) question:

What's the main reason for using Herald of Ash + Added Fire instead of Herald of Thunder and Added Lightning? Because of the burning damags? I was just thinking that shocking enemies might be even better - am I (totally) wrong?

ALD is just flat lightning damage, while AFD is a huge extra fire damage based on your physical damage (this build scales mostly physical). Damage output will be a higher with AFD because of that. Same applies to HoA vs. HoT.

About shocking enemies, having some lightning damage doesn't mean you will shock. Take into account that you do a lot of hits per second with this build, but each hit, doesn't deal a lot of damage, plus you never crit (take a look at shock calculation on wiki).

For shocking enemies, I recommend you exchange one Vaal Haste with Vaal Lightning Trap, is a great improvement against bosses and I will include this on next update of the guide.

Thx for your helpful reply. I was aware of the mechanice but didn't do the number crunching :-)
So I'll pretty much keep sticking to the original build - except for modified skill tree going up to Retribution instead of taking the life nodes around Constitution.

If you got the time - feel free to take a look at my char and give me hints to where I should prioritize further optimization concerning gear/passives/jewels. (Yes, I know that Versatile Combatant is still missing, Uber Lab will be coming next week ...)

Thx again for your great support - maybe maybe I'll even manage to kill THE SHAPER *dream* ...
Editado por útlima vez por SoilnRock en 25 oct. 2016 16:12:25
I have been playing this build for quite some time now, theese are my thoughts:
1. Anvil is overkill, i prefered a flat phys ammy with stats and resists. 78% block is overkill from my perspective, could be just me, I haven't seen any real difference in terms of defence.
2. Best movement skill by far is shield charge, there is no windup/animation you can move faster then whirling blades with just + fortify.
3. Enduring charge generation: BOR with the shit 10% chance to gain a charge is plain shit. I went for reckon/revenge + mpd + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support. Instant full enduring charges on every pack.
4. Main damage skill: The problem with elemental skills like static strike etc etc is the lack of real dmg on bosses(despite the omg great tooltip dps). Big bosses have high elemental resistances so most dmg is lost exactly where you need it unless you use light pen or whatever you have to depending on skill. Sunder with conc effect despite the animation is a narrow line of dmg, mob/boss moves you lost it. The best ... even though I fucking hate the skill remains Earthquake with 78% MORE dmg which is HUGE. Add a voidheart + gratuituos violence and you can smack 1 skell from a pack and whole pack explodes. I have tryed all skills in the list (heh, it is standard and I got really really bored of Essence league) ... and EQ feels the best. The fact that it doesn't make you stuck during the multistrike animations is another big plus, more then enough time to shield charge away from any 1shot mechanic.

Atm close to lvl 94, 6400 hp ... enjoying the atlas, still fine tunning the gear before diving in to guardians wich I suspect will be no problem after doing Colosseum vuln/added dmg/uber boss. For flasks I went for a Taste of Hate instead of Lion's for obvious reasons.
Editado por útlima vez por painguard en 25 oct. 2016 17:25:29
"
Venereal_infection escribió:
Could you please tell me whats wrong with my build that sunder has only 20k dmg ? I think u can check my items. My static strike has only 41k dmg durring the buff. I play only maps so far, and sunder works much better

//

Your character tab on your profile is private, set to public so I can take a look.
"
painguard escribió:
I have been playing this build for quite some time now, theese are my thoughts:
1. Anvil is overkill, i prefered a flat phys ammy with stats and resists. 78% block is overkill from my perspective, could be just me, I haven't seen any real difference in terms of defence.
2. Best movement skill by far is shield charge, there is no windup/animation you can move faster then whirling blades with just + fortify.
3. Enduring charge generation: BOR with the shit 10% chance to gain a charge is plain shit. I went for reckon/revenge + mpd + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support. Instant full enduring charges on every pack.
4. Main damage skill: The problem with elemental skills like static strike etc etc is the lack of real dmg on bosses(despite the omg great tooltip dps). Big bosses have high elemental resistances so most dmg is lost exactly where you need it unless you use light pen or whatever you have to depending on skill. Sunder with conc effect despite the animation is a narrow line of dmg, mob/boss moves you lost it. The best ... even though I fucking hate the skill remains Earthquake with 78% MORE dmg which is HUGE. Add a voidheart + gratuituos violence and you can smack 1 skell from a pack and whole pack explodes. I have tryed all skills in the list (heh, it is standard and I got really really bored of Essence league) ... and EQ feels the best. The fact that it doesn't make you stuck during the multistrike animations is another big plus, more then enough time to shield charge away from any 1shot mechanic.

Atm close to lvl 94, 6400 hp ... enjoying the atlas, still fine tunning the gear before diving in to guardians wich I suspect will be no problem after doing Colosseum vuln/added dmg/uber boss. For flasks I went for a Taste of Hate instead of Lion's for obvious reasons.

When considering block chance from Anvil and EC generation, take into account that you use a legacy BoR.

About Voidheart, is legacy too. For new Voidheart, I guess is pretty much the same to pick Dirty Techniques w/ Gratuitous Violence and avoid using that ring.

About your tree, is not better to go left to pick Constitution instead of all the way from the right? Is 4 points more just for Sentinel. And I don't feel like Profane Chemistry worth so much.

I would like to thank you for your build guide, it helped me to reach 36 challenges in only one week of playing essence (guardian and shaper done only with service). Now i am sitting with 4.7k hp and 400 energy shield (very low both, but i have really shit gear), but i have managed to reach almost level 92 as it's a very safe build to level up with.

I will try to improve it in standard when the league ends, but i think the damage will be still very low to facetank shaper.
Glad it works for you!

This build is totally OK for Guardians but Shaper is not possible, you can't facetank him.
"
mas_mariano escribió:
"
Venereal_infection escribió:

//

Your character tab on your profile is private, set to public so I can take a look.

I apologize. Didnt know about that

Should be working now.

Well, with all of these buffs, sunder has 28-33k dps. I think its way too low for higher tier maps
Editado por útlima vez por Venereal_infection en 26 oct. 2016 10:26:12
- You could remove Juggernaut, point between Testudo and Retaliation and some life node and pick two jewel sockets and Hatchet Master.
- Jewels are pretty poor, at least three useful affixes.
- Soul Taker has a really bad roll, divine it.
- You could take out some more life and pick Berserking if you find that survivability is ok.
- Your life flasks are bad, look at flasks on guide.
- You don't use Anvil and have Ming's Heart, exchange it.
- You need quality and at least L19 on gems from main attack skill setup.
- Get some flat physical from rings.

Begin with that, but I suggest you take a look again to all gear section of the guide.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional