[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
squ1shed escribió:
Has anyone tried using Frenzy to keep up frenzy charges during boss fights?

Yeah I use that.

I have it linked to Shield Charge and Fortify Support on my axe. I just start boss fights by placing Totem, then Frenzy attack 3 times, then DPS as normal. You've got a 12 second window to do one more Frenzy attack to refresh the duration, or just reapply from scratch.

It works good, but I'm not running any Vaal Haste's ~ so I'm not sure which would be better.

I've been running with Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash, as I didn't have Soul Taker and I've been using this axe:

Spoiler

I've just gotten +25% to Herald of Ice damage enchant on this helm:

Spoiler

Which happened the same day that I chanced this Soul Taker axe:

Spoiler

So now I don't know if I should use a lesser DPS Soul Taker axe, and swap to Hatred + a Herald (if so, which Herald - considering the helmet enchant)

Or stick with the higher DPS axe, and use my Mana Leech ring + Boot enchant:

Spoiler

So, I guess TL;DR ~ Does +25% Increased Herald of Ice enchant mean It's be better to run Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice + Hatred ~ Or does Herald of Ash still beat HoI despite the enchant?
Editado por útlima vez por Bugnaz en 22 oct. 2016 23:27:27
"
cjf1023 escribió:
Looking for some suggestions for gear updrages. Moving up to T15 maps but I feel like my damage is a bit low. Struggling to find upgrades that don't cost 5ex+ though.

5600 HP, 1300 ES.

Would spending the currency on regrets to clean up my skill tree (slightly different than OP's) be my best bet for gaining some more damage?

Thanks for any helpful responses.

EDIT**: Also, I have the currency to buy a Varunastra + respec on my tree accordingly, would this be the most efficient use of my currency to gain better dps without sacrificing defense?

I don't suggest you change to Varunastra. Means a lot of changes and final DPS output is not higher than 10%. You made a lot of changes to passive tree, and you loose a lot of damage from them, is up to you, but that's the main reason for damage loss.

And you have a quick improvement to your char that don't imply changing gear. You need all Q20/L20 gems on your main attack skill setup. At least L20 Static Strike and Q20/L19 on the rest.
"
cjf1023 escribió:
My three jewels are:

5% atk speed - 6% max life - 12% fire and cold res
15% phys with axes - 6% max life - 10% all res
13 dex - 7% life - 10% cold and lightning

One of the other major problems is keeping my resists above the ele weakness threshhold, as well as the dex requirements on high level riposte and vaal haste gems.

Feels like I've built my gear to meet all bare minimum requirements, any time I want to change a piece of gear or some nodes on my tree I end up spending 2 hours on poe.trade looking for that perfect piece without sacrificing other stats.

Imo, don't try to sustain resis based on elemental weakness threshold. Just exchange Atziri's Promise with Bismuth Flask when dealing with that mod.

You loose a lot of damage from your jewels. Try to pick the highest AS you could get and some additional increased damage.
"
Bugnaz escribió:
I've been running with Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash, as I didn't have Soul Taker and I've been using this axe:

Spoiler

I've just gotten +25% to Herald of Ice damage enchant on this helm:

Spoiler

Which happened the same day that I chanced this Soul Taker axe:

Spoiler

So now I don't know if I should use a lesser DPS Soul Taker axe, and swap to Hatred + a Herald (if so, which Herald - considering the helmet enchant)

Or stick with the higher DPS axe, and use my Mana Leech ring + Boot enchant:

Spoiler

So, I guess TL;DR ~ Does +25% Increased Herald of Ice enchant mean It's be better to run Arctic Armour + Herald of Ice + Hatred ~ Or does Herald of Ash still beat HoI despite the enchant?

A 25% inc. damage on HoI will not make any difference, and loosing HoA on the other hand, means quite some DPS loss.

Your Soul Taker has really bad rolls, so my suggestion is that you divine it, at least one time, and gear Soul Taker with three auras (Hatred + HoA + AA).
"
OzzyBurn escribió:
thanks for answer my questions @mas_mariano

well.. i will test Varunastra+6L+Aegis, already bought armor 6L and Varunastra (53% increased physical dmg, add 45 - 87 phy dmg )

And in Passive Tree I took the 3 points from "Hatchet Master" and 4 Points from "Spliting Straikes".. And used these points in "Deadly Dilettante"(4points) and "By the Blade"(3 points) .
But to my surprise my damage dropped oO .The damage to the sword was not to have increased a lot?
what do you think?

Well, that makes no sense. Double and triple dips on that nodes should boost your damage with Varunastra. Are you sure that you're comparing both scenarios right? Same auras, gem setups, etc?

Link tree/gear if you need anything or make your char tab public on your profile.
Thank you for this cool build. It's incredibly tanky and kind of fast for map clearing with sunder and 5 endurance charges. I've yet to get the last 2 ascendancy points, but i can't wait to see things explode once i get Gratuitous violence. Only one more trial to go and then it's uber lab time.

Once i got the last two ascendancy points i'll spec into the two bleed nodes(dirty techniques and bloodletting) near duelist and start using a voidheart.

I don't know how to link my tree and gear, but you can look on my profile it's all unlocked.

Still enjoying this build a lot - lvl 88 atm with 4.8 k life and buffed 100 k damage.

I have one (possibly dumb) question:

What's the main reason for using Herald of Ash + Added Fire instead of Herald of Thunder and Added Lightning? Because of the burning damags? I was just thinking that shocking enemies might be even better - am I (totally) wrong?
"
xgatsuux escribió:
Thank you for this cool build. It's incredibly tanky and kind of fast for map clearing with sunder and 5 endurance charges. I've yet to get the last 2 ascendancy points, but i can't wait to see things explode once i get Gratuitous violence. Only one more trial to go and then it's uber lab time.

Once i got the last two ascendancy points i'll spec into the two bleed nodes(dirty techniques and bloodletting) near duelist and start using a voidheart.

I don't know how to link my tree and gear, but you can look on my profile it's all unlocked.

Glad you like it!

About Voidheart, I don't know how poison works on this build. But maybe you should reconsider using Voidheart. Having such APS with Gratuitous Violence, maybe Dirty Techniques is enough to poison enemies (maybe going for Blood in Eyes too?).
"
SoilnRock escribió:
Still enjoying this build a lot - lvl 88 atm with 4.8 k life and buffed 100 k damage.

I have one (possibly dumb) question:

What's the main reason for using Herald of Ash + Added Fire instead of Herald of Thunder and Added Lightning? Because of the burning damags? I was just thinking that shocking enemies might be even better - am I (totally) wrong?

ALD is just flat lightning damage, while AFD is a huge extra fire damage based on your physical damage (this build scales mostly physical). Damage output will be a higher with AFD because of that. Same applies to HoA vs. HoT.

About shocking enemies, having some lightning damage doesn't mean you will shock. Take into account that you do a lot of hits per second with this build, but each hit, doesn't deal a lot of damage, plus you never crit (take a look at shock calculation on wiki).

For shocking enemies, I recommend you exchange one Vaal Haste with Vaal Lightning Trap, is a great improvement against bosses and I will include this on next update of the guide.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional