[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
DarkOrk20 escribió:
I really enjoy this build. I am a casual player and have looked at a number of builds and this one is by far the easiest to play. I am level 80 now and not having any significant problems. The only required item that I have for this build so far is the Soultaker siege axe and no more than 4 linked sockets on any item.

Thanks immensely for this very well written and up to date guide. This is the first toon that I have made it this high and still playable on maps. (I do avoid the hard stuff)

I'm really glad to read that. Starting on POE could be really hard, I'm happy to read that this build was easy to gear and play for you. If you want to run more hard stuff on maps, I suggest you read "changes on guide and boss tips" at the very beginning of this guide.
"
birdis0n escribió:
How do you handle poison bosses like the bird on canyon map? Flask? Or is lifeleech-gem enough for them?

New Canyon bosses are based on old Village Ruin map. I do the same as I used to do on that map. First you take the dog with you away from bird. Then hit the dog leaving him on low life (not killing him). Then go back to bird and kill him while facetank. Usually I move from caustic clouds, pretty easy to avoid them. Then after killing bird, go back to dog and with flasks up end him.

If you leave bird as last one, DoT could be really strong and depending on char stats and map mods, pretty dangerous.
"
mustafa2812 escribió:
"
DeadManWalkin escribió:
Hi,

I am currently leveling this build. my currency is basically now gone as I have bought soul taker and BoR.

You mention that either BoR without chest and with lioneye's shield or without BoR, with a 6L chest and with Aegis shield.

Ignoring the Build costs... Would a version with BoR and Aegis also work, or is this not a good thing to aim for? why is it that it is either BoR or Aegis, why not both?

I'll second this question because I seem to remember this build running BoR Aegis at one point or another

Some people write on this guide that BoR/Aegis approach was good enough for them. I'm not saying that is wrong to go that way, but imo, Aegis is truly worthy if you have a good ES pool to replenish. That's why I put Aegis with a 6L. So you can take Armour/ES from chest and helm. Making pretty easy to get a 1K ES pool at least.

Imo, if you will spend the currency on Aegis, just go a little bit further and get the rest of the combo. Getting a corrupted chest, Aegis will be the most expensive item.
This build will be work with Wild Strike?? and if work so what skills using with wild strike? multistrike + wed + added fire dmg / forfity is good?? i play the hc
What do you think about taking Dirty Techniques? Looks like we have insane attack speed and bleed chance to stack poison, is it worth to take it with cleave?
"
N1ght20 escribió:
What do you think about taking Dirty Techniques? Looks like we have insane attack speed and bleed chance to stack poison, is it worth to take it with cleave?

No one responded to my initial foray into the bleed/poison stacking :(
I don't think it's worth it. I'm missing 3 nodes right now because I'm lacking in dex/int from gear (if you check my passive tree) but here's what I found with Dirty Tech.

3 nodes (you can do 4, but the 8% bleed on hit is wasted with the 50% application)
70% increased DoT
20% increased skill effect duration
25% chance to poison on hit to bleeding enemies
Stacking poison on bosses sounds like a ridiculous increase to single target damage but I have no idea if it's going to be better than Bloodletting

Since bleed does NOT stack, the amount of damage bleed does is pretty mediocre considering the insane attack speed and low damage per actual attack. So let's look at the poison which is the actual draw of the node.

With the super high attack speed, we'll assume the enemy is bleeding already since we're really concerned with unique/rare mobs that will soak a lot of attacks before dying. Also assuming 100% physical/chaos damage on attack and no other DoT duration/damage modifiers.

The DPS increase is .25 (chance) * .08 (poison damage) * 1.2 (extended duration) * 1.7 (increased DoT) which comes out to 0.0408 aka 4.1% additional damage. Remember that this scales with your base damage and it's not increased damage.

I personally don't find it worth it and would rather take survivability nodes. If anyone wants to weigh in on anything I'm missing that would be neat!
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
For me, only Shaper is impossible. All 4 Guardians were average challenging and with some rippy map mods after vaaling it i died few times, but other than that it was all good.
Shaper fight is so poorly designed for melee classes. Nearly 80% of the arena was filled with that vortex clouds and i couldn't even move near him in order to damage him. Did like 10% of his hp and that's it. His spells and attacks are just fine, but arena is small and overcrowded with those clouds. If you are gonna solo it, forget it, you are just wasting your time. I'm really disappointed how the fight is designed. And i'm playing solo only.
respecced from axe to mace and had a serious rebuild of this char:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAj_NVOgvEE T8 enfeeble and double boss vuln. tank

felt much smoother now for me, next step is 6L+Aegis+Varunastra
Has anyone given lacerate a try? What links and how good is it for boss dps and clear speed?
"
evilch3n escribió:
respecced from axe to mace and had a serious rebuild of this char:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAj_NVOgvEE T8 enfeeble and double boss vuln. tank

felt much smoother now for me, next step is 6L+Aegis+Varunastra

Sorry, but that seems terrible, check my recent reply.
PS. Soul Taker all the way though.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional