[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
xtREEN escribió:
"
Zangetas escribió:
in my experience this build is great but only for clearing maps

vs itzaro its notthat great

ran him at charges and today as well with conduits

unfortunately the 22% chance to damage me is enough for him to one hit me
have 5k life and 11k armour

not saying it is a bad build , in fact it is very good unless you start the league with this (since st and bor cost about 70-90c in first week)

but not the best to run bosses

but had fun with it , thx for guide gl :)

@MAS_MARIANO: Hi, can u confirm this? I´m thinking about using this guide for my next char. wanna play all maps included high-tier-maps. with your guide i have the opportunity to Change main skills, that´s why i like it. But it is really good enought to do Itzaro and the Atlas Endbosses?

Right now I run all maps from T1 to T14 included. I give a brief description at the beginning of guide of what I found so far related to boss encounters. Pretty easy overall.

Except for Abyss, which was easy too, I can't tell you about other T15/T16 maps because I wasn't able to reach them yet.

About Izaro, is not my experience at all. I made merciless and uber lab without any particular issue. Some things I consider important against Izaro:

- Sometimes exchanging Atziri's with Basalt could be useful. You get additional chance to reduce physical damage taken.
- A good use of Jade + Granite is really important. With them, you have almost cap physical reduction and sometimes against uber Izaro is mandatory to use them.
- Most important, there's a particular attack from him that could totally destroy you. He turns to his side for 1/2 seconds and then release a pulse that travels towards the screen. That pulse seems a physical damage that works the opposite than Freezing Pulse. As the pulse travels towards the screen, makes a lot more damage. So, against common sense, what I choose to do is to ALWAYS stay in front of Izaro without moving. I run three times merci lab and one time uber, and doing this I never get hit by his pulse. If you run away and pulse hit you, you're dead.

Of course, I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure of it. So I do what usually do against bosses. Just facetank him :D (and if he teleports me on third stage, I just run like a mad men and get in front of him immediately).

Another thing here is that I consider this build better for bosses than for clear speed. Being a melee, you can stay in front of almost any boss in game and facetank him almost all the time, which is great. Clear speed is good enough with Cleave and Gratuitous Violence, but imo, is not the main reason for making this build.

About prices, well, Soul Taker is not mandatory and any high pDPS axe could work. I did quite some mapping with an axe I bought for 2c. True that BoR seems mandatory and cost me on 3rd day of league around 30c, but any 6L that you will need in any other build could be cheaper than that at the very beginning of a league?

Hope you enjoy the build if you try it!
"
Brongard escribió:
A question to the author of the build: Why does The Anvil (amulet) have to be corrupted?

I assume, because it can get +10 to block chance.

As I am pretty new to the game, I would like to clarify: Should I Vaal orb my The Anvil and I will get 2 additional block chance or should I not do it, because it can transform my Anvil into something else?

Well, that's the problem with vaal orbs. I already vaaled 10 anvils on league and didn't get the +2/4 block chance roll. So I decide to buy one for 20c.

This is not mandatory. The easiest and cheapest way to do it, is that you look for two jewels with the +1 block chance with shields modifier to get that +2 additional chance to block needed to get the 78% cap.
"
Brongard escribió:
"
dro_13 escribió:
yes cleave feel so much better to be fair

I totally agree. This build now feels fluid and even easier than before. To me - a POE beginner - this is a bless. The author did a great job. Thanks a lot!

I'm really glad to read this! I always consider this build a really good approach for POE beginners. Block is a cheap and truly reliable mechanic that gives you enough survivability. And prices are really reasonable for being able to play highest tier maps.

And after quite some time, when you feel like it, you could really improve it with a 6L plus Aegis Aurora and give this build even better survivability with expensive gear.
Editado por útlima vez por mas_mariano en 15 sept. 2016 3:30:42
"
Dorithe escribió:
Howdy! Trying this build and loving it so far.

Doing the varn/aegis variation

and at 500 ES right now its pretty nifty. Want to get around 700ES+. How do you deal with stuns? I am doing reave right with 68k with charges/flask.

I might go cleave and pickup the posion on max charges gloves and get 3 pacifism gems for higher dps better survibilty with fortify since can drop Inc aoe.

What Vaal skills do you use? I am using Vaal haste because with inc duration, it is back up before duration is over with the clear speed of Reave. I am thinking of using Death's door boots to be bleed immune and add more ES and end charge, would be amazing but just have to risk freeze/shock duration being longer.

I am using a 4L endstun-veng-reck-rip for 3 auto hits and it keeps up end charges pretty well. not sure how well on bosses. Thinking of dropping Herald for Arctic Armour for higher survival since stationary on bosses.

Also How can I pick up more health? I would love to be 5k+ health, I am at 3.8k at 77. I was going to pick up belly and 6l but using
seems better.

Glad you like it!

About your questions:

- In theory, stuns seems to be a problem, but truth is that in practice, I don't have any issue about being stunned. Sometimes happened to me that in high tier maps with -x% resistances plus elemental weakness, some elemental hits produce stun but nothing that a cheap Bismuth flask can't solve. At least, this is my experience about it.
- I strongly suggest you try Cleave. Works really great. I made some changes on guide based on this, you will find a brief description at the very beginning.
- 3x Pacifism sounds interesting, please share your experience after testing. Thanks!
- About getting more life, you will see an update on that. Please check it out. I'm at 5.5K on level 90. If you want more life than that, go for Tireless.
- EC generation is a problem with 6L+Aegis. Truth is that stun is not reliable when dealing with bosses (I really try to make it work for a Ground Slam build with no success on high tier bosses). Warlord's Mark doesn't solve the problem either because you don't get charges on solo fights. So, I'm kinda stuck in this matter right now. Aegis is truly great, but in the other hand, other restrictions appear, like this one or not being able to use Blood Rage.
- Don't try Belly. Just won't work. You need a lot more Armour/ES, if not, physical damage reduction will get worst, Aegis replenish will be poor and ES pool will be low. At least I wasn't able to make it work, but I already give it a try.
- Boots sounds expensive and interesting, but again, maybe EC generation is not that great. And I'm not sure about loosing life on boots.
- About Vaal skills, I'm not using any atm. But I'm tempted to make a change, and I'm almost sure that I will. I want to remove Vengeance+Reckoning CoH setup and use curse in another place, let's say directly on CWDT. This leaves 3 sockets left so I can put 2x Vaal Haste + Increased Duration on them.

Thanks for your feedback, hope you keep enjoying this build!
I'm currently 88 and I'm using Sunder for the insane clear speed and for single target targets I'm using Lion's Roar to create space between me and bosses that hurt. I really like using Sunder to keep them in a corner.
I am looking to tweak the passive tree a bit. I'm not sure how I want to deviate though.

Life Leech

Lust for Carnage
5 nodes
25% increased defense
1% block (block gem swap)
10 strength, 40% life leech per second increase
4 hp per enemy hit by attacks,
1.2% life leech.
Having 2.4% life leech and 40% increased leech per second is really alluring especially in no regen maps.

Hematophagy
6 nodes
+30 strength
2.4% life leech
8% maximum life added to leech per second increase
20% increased life leech per second
20% increased damage while leeching
I'm actually likeing this one a lot more since I THINK it scales better than Lust for Carnage

Damage

Bloodletting
4 nodes
10 strength
50% increased physical DoT
8% chance to bleed on hit
25% increased damage to bleeding enemies
Combined with the ascendency points Blood in the Eyes + Gratuitous Violence, the increase of 50% damage and 50% bleed damage increase REALLY looks awesome.

Dirty Techniques
4 nodes
60% increased DoT
25% increased physical DoT
8% chance to bleed on hit
10% increased skill effect duration
25% chance to poison on hit to bleeding enemies
Stacking poison on bosses sounds like a ridiculous increase to single target damage but I have no idea if it's going to be better than Bloodletting

Anyone have thoughts? Dirty Techniques looks like the coolest

I think Snakebite + Dirty Techniques? Interesting. I don't know how to calculate poison damage but I will look into it.
TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Editado por útlima vez por squ1shed en 15 sept. 2016 12:42:27
Will you update Aegis Aurora version pls?
People hate me for playing that build :D
But it a good start anyway

here i tried lacerate on a enfeeble map, wasnt the best dps but it was just a test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnUeYhCOYrE

I was like level 78 iirc? and the mods were very dangerous too
Ran the numbers, the bleed nodes aren't good enough. I'm still debating my defensive node end game selection.

Other than the life leech, here's the ones I'm debating. How does armor/life nodes scale compared to increased life leech nodes in the end game? So far in t11 I'm not having any issues getting one shot, but regaining life from leech/regen seems a little slow with my current passive tree and itemization against bosses.

Indomintable
3 nodes
58% increased armor
20% reduced damage from critical strikes

Armor Mastery
2 nodes
38% increased armor
.5% life regen
3% movespeed

Life and Armor
5 nodes
16 added to max life
48% increased armor
17% increase max life

For what it's worth, I'm running Sunder. I've tried the other skills but none of them seem to have the same effectiveness. Combine Sunder with Lion's Roar to essentially keep a boss out of melee has proved invaluable in my survival, especially on no-regen maps.

TabSluppins - Pizza guy
Editado por útlima vez por squ1shed en 16 sept. 2016 12:40:04
I started this build because of "sunder".

It seems that I lost some episodes here (I have been really busy the last 2 weeks) and I find out that Sunder is off this build anymore.

Do I need to drop the char and start a new one?
No, you don't need to drop sunder. I use it and and face roll t11. I would be doing higher level maps but I haven't gotten lucky in map drops lately. :(
TabSluppins - Pizza guy

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional