[2.3 Video Guide] Dual Spark Crit Totems Ascendant/Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

I couldnt find in the OP if you talk about where to put ascendancy points ?
Welp, limped this build into maps at 3k life and 2.2k ES with my MoM going.

All well and good, until Perandus packs just completely shit on your little totems and essentially blow through your totems, your golem, your ES, everything. Don't have my CWDT yet, but that's beside the point. The thing is...this build basically hits a brick wall at the most important part, which is the perandus packs. Against them, it's either you throw a vaal spark and hope it wipes them out, or you're basically screwed.

A lightning arrow build, for instance, would just spam aoe in their general direction. Something like Pohx's trapper build would similarly just throw shit in their general direction.

Furthermore, MoM + Eldritch battery has this nasty side effect in that using whirling blades completely stops the regeneration. In fact, doing *anything* stops the ES regeneration. Which means if you find yourself in a crummy situation and get your ES blown up, if that vaal discipline doesn't save you, you're in a load of trouble.

Overall, it seems this build was designed for 2.1, and the 2.2 difficulty spikes just seem to rock its world.

Granted, it's not *bad* for the investment. However, in order to really push this build, it seems you need a lot of very specific jewels (namely, totem life + totem resists on like 5 separate slots).
"
IlyaK1986 escribió:
Welp, limped this build into maps at 3k life and 2.2k ES with my MoM going.

All well and good, until Perandus packs just completely shit on your little totems and essentially blow through your totems, your golem, your ES, everything. Don't have my CWDT yet, but that's beside the point. The thing is...this build basically hits a brick wall at the most important part, which is the perandus packs. Against them, it's either you throw a vaal spark and hope it wipes them out, or you're basically screwed.

A lightning arrow build, for instance, would just spam aoe in their general direction. Something like Pohx's trapper build would similarly just throw shit in their general direction.

Furthermore, MoM + Eldritch battery has this nasty side effect in that using whirling blades completely stops the regeneration. In fact, doing *anything* stops the ES regeneration. Which means if you find yourself in a crummy situation and get your ES blown up, if that vaal discipline doesn't save you, you're in a load of trouble.

Overall, it seems this build was designed for 2.1, and the 2.2 difficulty spikes just seem to rock its world.

Granted, it's not *bad* for the investment. However, in order to really push this build, it seems you need a lot of very specific jewels (namely, totem life + totem resists on like 5 separate slots).

Got no problem up to t7 right now, with trashgear@mid70s. Actually you should use call of the brotherhood to permafreeze the screen and keep ur totems alive. But i dont have one yet and its still doing fine, you just have to go the dps way. Actually in sc dps is a defensive mechanic too, since what dies in 1-2hits wont reach and harm you... Also you should use zealoths oath with stone golem to have perma 100es/sec es regeneration (+ whats coming from liferegen from tree/gear). Or just link ur whirl to blood magic so u dont stop regen if u dont like zealoths oath for whatever reason (its amazing tho). With 2.2 Spierce totems got a large boost tbh. Until u can buy a call of the brotherhood u can also try a 3dragons, will gimp ur dmg tho. But as said, im doing fine without, although it takes ur build to a new level. At first you should try out zo+sg as mentioned earlier, that will help ur playstyle a lot!

"
YobaYoba escribió:
Thanks. How are you generating power charges from the OoS? I mean you have no PC duration nodes and OoS have very limited "deploy" range, so you have to get very close to mobs and it's very dangerous with low amount of life. How to handle with EleReflect maps? It's pain in the ass to replace died totems every two seconds.

I linked n incaoe to it. But u can just use any other spell with it, ice spear for example. Then u can get pc offscreen if it suits ur playstyle more ;) Elereflect you just shouldnt run after a certain point of dmg (i tried one and my totems died after hittin 1 mob), its doable but pretty annoying, also could take leech/lightningdmgleech (dor belt or whatever) but tbh just dont do it... we dont have lots of problems with most mods, so its not hard to dodge/reroll the 1-2 mods that annoy us.
ign: BETTERGOTMAHONEY
Editado por útlima vez por bamelam en 9 mar. 2016 3:51:23
Been working with this build and its really starting to shine now, up to 13.8k dps per totem...the ascendancy points really helped out...still need more life but the damage is pretty intense...i saw a comment above about perandus groups, the solution here is to throw your vaal spark trap into the group and its pretty much done in like 3-4 secs heres my gear so far, still a lot of growing to do but going quite nicely at 83....

ign:TedCruzMissle
Hi guys,

So I'm currently level 46 in standard perqndus and have been following this build and skill tree. I'm pretty much a noob to the game and there are aspects I havent quite got my head around.

I've been using dual flame totems with added fire/cold/chaos damage with herald of ice/lightning. This gives me around 1.5k dps per second, which feels more than adequate to me. However, I have just purchased a cheap 5L with the view of converting to spark totems. I put the recommended gems in with spark and spell totem but he dps dropped dramatically to around 700. I also haven't levelled any of the new gems (in hindsight I would have socketed them as I levelled on fire totems).

Is this dramatic drop in dps expected and does it actually matter? Is there something I'm missing or does spark totems only become significantly better once crit is focused upon?

Thanks in advance :)
Editado por útlima vez por tetsuyae en 9 mar. 2016 6:29:15
"
tetsuyae escribió:
Hi guys,

So I'm currently level 46 in standard perqndus and have been following this build and skill tree. I'm pretty much a noob to the game and there are aspects I havent quite got my head around.

I've been using dual flame totems with added fire/cold/chaos damage with herald of ice/lightning. This gives me around 1.5k dps per second, which feels more than adequate to me. However, I have just purchased a cheap 5L with the view of converting to spark totems. I put the recommended gems in with spark and spell totem but he dps dropped dramatically to around 700. I also haven't levelled any of the new gems (in hindsight I would have socketed them as I levelled on fire totems).

Is this dramatic drop in dps expected and does it actually matter? Is there something I'm missing or does spark totems only become significantly better once crit is focused upon?

Tooltip dps in this game isnt very accurate. Also you have to consider that your spark projectile can hit an enemy more than once (there is a cooldown and if it bounces it counts also as new, u can read more about this on the poe wiki or poedb, in general consider reading about the mechanics of your mainspell). Also flame totem shines til later/5-6l, spark ramps up later. Also since spark has a higher basecrit its scaling with critchance/multi by nature. Theres a lot of math into this, so i would say screw it and just enjoy the game, meaning take the skill u clear fastest with. Besides that theres better options instead of using ur gem setup. For flame totem you could use spelltotem-flame totem-faster cast-fire pen-faster projectiles. Fire pen is giving a huge boost that doesnt show up in the tooltip dps though. Same goes to faster proj, way better clearspeed but no dps tooltip change. Spark shines especially when u have 100% pierce. You can use spark-spell totem-faster cast-pierce-lightning pen. In general as long as u keep ur other gems equipped you can lvl as anything that gives u the fastest clearspeed at the moment. Until you are at 100% pierce chance i would consider just using the flame totem with the setup i wrote, its a very easy and safe way to level.
ign: BETTERGOTMAHONEY
"
tetsuyae escribió:
Hi guys,

I am certain that some one will correct me if I am wrong with this. :)

But my Scion is the same level as yours and I was first using LiftingNerdBro Contagion/Essence drain build, and it hat much higher damage as well. After I switched to this build I was clearing the enemnies as fast as with the previous build ... in some cases perhaps even faster in my opinion.

The way I think to understand the spark spell is that each projectile has the damage you see in white in the description. But also read the blue text because it shows more detailed info. Also you place two of those spell totems, and combined with Herald of thunder and Wrath plus Fire Golem the enemies die quickly for me. ( And I only use Wrath Aura in game, because running both Aura's is a bit much for me at the moment.( But I do also use the Fire Golem. )

Perhaps not much of an explanation ( And a chance of it being incorrect, but still. ) I know but that is how I think spark works, and I use it in a four link chest armour as you can see in my character screen.
As this is crit build, wouldn't the new Elemental Overload passive keystone be helpful?

It's 4 points away on Templar path too.

"Elemental Overload: 40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in the past 8 seconds. No Critical Strike Multiplier."
"
BellaMatrix escribió:
As this is crit build, wouldn't the new Elemental Overload passive keystone be helpful?

It's 4 points away on Templar path too.

"Elemental Overload: 40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in the past 8 seconds. No Critical Strike Multiplier."

No, with EO keystone you have 1.4 (140%) damage multiplier which applies to every Damage apply (Hit or DoT). Without this keystone you have 3.0-4.0 or even higher damage crit multiplier which applies only for every critical hit, but since you have very high crit chance, almost every (or all with 100% chance) of your hits are critical. So 3.0 > 1.4.
So I've been playing the scion build and I'm currently 72 in PSC. I have call of the brotherhood and mailgaros.

My current problem is I don't have enough damage. My sheet dps is around 5k and I have a little over 3k life/1k Es.

I tried doing merciless lab and I couldn't kill the boss before he got full charges for the third time.

I was thinking about going inquisition over occultist.

My problem is with mind over matter, you want a ratio of 30 Es for every 100 life. Occultist gives 20% more es, but you aren't stacking that much ES... maybe 2k at end game and getting 1% regeneration sounds ok but at best it's 20 ES per second.

I currently haven't completed merciless lab but I'm strongly considering going inquisitor.

20% ele dmg. 120 crit strike chance (against elemental status ailment enemies) 20%chance to create consecrated ground an 8% dmg reduction within as well as bonus regen.

With call of the brotherhood and good crit, status effects are rampant.

Currently I just don't see the point of occultist. Can anyone further explain?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional