[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

The passive tree doesnt work anymore :(
update the passive tree ;(
Hello there,

I was reading your guide and everything seemed appealing except for one part that i can't understand regarding elemental equilibrium. About it you say the following:

'Q: How does Elemental Equilibrium work in this build?
A: By hitting with Explosive Arrow, Rain of Arrows or Frenzy we apply -50% fire resistance to fire and 25% to the element we hit the enemy with. When the Explosions of Explosive Arrow go off they will have greatly increased damage because of the -50% fire resistance on the enemy.'

On the wiki page(and node), however, the following is stated:

'Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements'.

My question is: how did you calculate the -50% fire resist number? According to the node description, elemental equilibrium should increase the fire resist (the elemental used in explosive arrow skill) of the mobs and not the opposite.

Hope my question isn't stupid but I simply don't understand it. Also, I tried to look for an eventual answer here but did not find any so I'm sorry if this topic is redundant and repeated.

Best regards and thank you.

So... Dex? We just randomly pick it up on gear? I'm not seeing much on the tree or on specific uniques
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
neggan escribió:

If you go Chieftain you can't use Elemental Equilibrium since 20% of your physical damage is converted to fire.

But we can use http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadian_Dawn. Its not too bad for belt slot.
What do you think?
Editado por útlima vez por Sh4wnorium en 5 mar. 2016 3:43:41
have you thought about going ranger/deadeye?
i quickly put together a tree and it would look like this:
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIBAdEB3AHnA3UGDgn2C2EMXw48EmkUIBRNFHEVIBZvFxwYkRm0GjgabBynHRQkqiW8JyEn7SzpLYM26DbpOlI8BTwtQYdHflOlWHdYr1nzXwRfP2VNZlRmnmhlaPJvO3F5cg9yqXasd-N5aH11ggeCm4Nfg8yE2YazkFWRK5HOlG-VyJo7na6f36IAqW6sqq9sr-u3Prvju-28n702vqfAGsEExKLE9sauz37TftR82L3ZfNtP37_gw-Fz42rqGO8O73rvfPAf8932o_cy-Ov56PrS_Ev-Cf4K_ro=

i'll try to skip EE this league, that's why i took holy fire
the tree is pretty flexible, if you need you could easily grab more life or jewel slots or dmg nodes...
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
dasf5 escribió:
Hello there,

I was reading your guide and everything seemed appealing except for one part that i can't understand regarding elemental equilibrium. About it you say the following:

'Q: How does Elemental Equilibrium work in this build?
A: By hitting with Explosive Arrow, Rain of Arrows or Frenzy we apply -50% fire resistance to fire and 25% to the element we hit the enemy with. When the Explosions of Explosive Arrow go off they will have greatly increased damage because of the -50% fire resistance on the enemy.'

On the wiki page(and node), however, the following is stated:

'Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and −50% Resistances to other Elements'.

My question is: how did you calculate the -50% fire resist number? According to the node description, elemental equilibrium should increase the fire resist (the elemental used in explosive arrow skill) of the mobs and not the opposite.

Hope my question isn't stupid but I simply don't understand it. Also, I tried to look for an eventual answer here but did not find any so I'm sorry if this topic is redundant and repeated.

Best regards and thank you.

He did not spell it out directly. You have to infer it from the gear choices. You need + flat lightning damage and + flat cold damage on your gear. For example, if you look at his gear, you see that his gloves have + cold damage. I'm not sure where his lightning is coming from though. The first hit from Explosive arrow uses your basic attack, so if you have +ligh and + cold, it'll trigger fire vulnerability for when the fuses explode. This is why he stresses not to have + flat fire damage on any of your gear. It'll mess up your EE.
IGN: dwreckedarc
"
mmogamr escribió:

He did not spell it out directly. You have to infer it from the gear choices. You need + flat lightning damage and + flat cold damage on your gear. For example, if you look at his gear, you see that his gloves have + cold damage. I'm not sure where his lightning is coming from though. The first hit from Explosive arrow uses your basic attack, so if you have +ligh and + cold, it'll trigger fire vulnerability for when the fuses explode. This is why he stresses not to have + flat fire damage on any of your gear. It'll mess up your EE.

U only need either flat lightning or flat cold damage to proq EE. Should be plenty of explanation in the thread or pages 2-5 of the thread.

Passive tree "updated". They now link to poedb which isnt bugged and shows them currectly.
So scion is still best for this? I'm surprised there's no mention of a Ranger build? I'm starting this build tomoz so just want to check before launching in :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional