[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Really cool build, i was thinking about doing it in Ascendancy. Problem is i always play in a Party with 2 Friends....would the damage still be enough to kill a pack in 3-5 EA stacks?

I keep reading that EA sucks in Party play :(, do you think its possible? Maybe i could drop some life for extra dmg if needed (where?).
how hard it is to level this build, if you start scion you don't get acces to many damage nodes early outside of minor amount of proj damage and attack speed which is not the greatest

what would be good for leveling this up to like late cruel when you'd have enough to make EA work in a new league

I'm guessing stuff like flame totem + firestorm but that seems aids with barely any damage nodes for like 20 levels

IGN JustifiedF
Editado por útlima vez por Justifi3d en 28 feb. 2016 9:36:05
"
Mepslol escribió:
Really cool build, i was thinking about doing it in Ascendancy. Problem is i always play in a Party with 2 Friends....would the damage still be enough to kill a pack in 3-5 EA stacks?

I keep reading that EA sucks in Party play :(, do you think its possible? Maybe i could drop some life for extra dmg if needed (where?).

with my ea character i run 3 man partys with tom94 and his coc build and its pretty much just about if he hits first or my explosions go off first, both things instagib everything apart of the boss

"
Justifi3d escribió:
how hard it is to level this build, if you start scion you don't get acces to many damage nodes early outside of minor amount of proj damage and attack speed which is not the greatest

what would be good for leveling this up to like late cruel when you'd have enough to make EA work in a new league

I'm guessing stuff like flame totem + firestorm but that seems aids with barely any damage nodes for like 20 levels

firestorm is king; ull be fast enough at the dmg to lvl nicely. scion first world problems tho

"
azamantes escribió:
thanks for the reply.

By the way if you take 5% increased damage ...then how much elemental resist do you need to be capped ? Or armor ?

thats not how it works. Ull get 105% instead of 100% of the dmg and then get that portion reduced by ur 75% res, so it's not a big deal.
Editado por útlima vez por IamPeyter en 28 feb. 2016 17:02:14
if it sucks i'll come back here and trashtalk you

jk :D

I'm definitely super pumped to try less duration, i think that was one missing thing that stopped EA from being a tier S build

I'm also praying to Chris atm for a frost wall fix so we can instakill every boss :D

Also i think Elemental focus will be a viable gem for uber atziri

from the looks of it it's going to be 49% damage at lvl 20

i think that would be huge since atziri cannot be ingited

I was planning to eventually use a second Quill rain on swap for single target and interchange chance to ignite with Elemental focus when i try it
IGN JustifiedF
Editado por útlima vez por Justifi3d en 28 feb. 2016 17:19:59
Scion looks nice for the 1.5% leech from Beserker, but none of the other Mini-Ascendancies really blow me away. Elementalist looks nice, so long as you have fire golem out at all times, but I'm not a fan of relying on contextual buffs from squishy minions. Going Marauder and choosing Chieftain looks good, up until the fire damage from phys, which ruins EE.

Personally I think I'll be going full tanky, playing Champion Duelist with Fortitude, along with Inspirational for damage and movement speed.

edit: What do yall think about elemental focus? It looks like a huge damage buff, and I don't really see the downside of it, since my tree atm only has 5% chance to ignite from Elementalist.
Editado por útlima vez por MisterSmyth en 28 feb. 2016 17:31:56
Yeah i wish Elemental conflux for elementalist wasn't just limited by killing a rare/unique mob

they should have just given it a lowered chance to 10% instead and make it trigger off white mobs like regular elementalist

i'm currently torn between pathfinder for more flask charges or raider for the extra movespeed boost from onslaught
IGN JustifiedF
Have you toyed around with using Explosive Arrow as a means for burning/ignite to be your main kill technique?
Might now be a great time to try an explosive arrow ---> ignite/burning damage build?

Consider:

1. The 'damage over time' nodes being added to support poison (but are blandly labeled 'damage over time' - they wedged some right between Holy Fire, Heart of Flame, and Breath of Flames in the Northwest corner between Witch and Templar. (Could pick up dual curse while you're there too for Flammability + Vulnerability, Ele Weakness, or Temp Chains).
2. Unparalleled flexibility with Ascendency stuff.
3. Rapid Decay Gem (more multiplier)

You could do this as a Chieftan, Elementalist, or Scion.
"
innervation escribió:
Have you toyed around with using Explosive Arrow as a means for burning/ignite to be your main kill technique?
Might now be a great time to try an explosive arrow ---> ignite/burning damage build?

Consider:

1. The 'damage over time' nodes being added to support poison (but are blandly labeled 'damage over time' - they wedged some right between Holy Fire, Heart of Flame, and Breath of Flames in the Northwest corner between Witch and Templar. (Could pick up dual curse while you're there too for Flammability + Vulnerability, Ele Weakness, or Temp Chains).
2. Unparalleled flexibility with Ascendency stuff.
3. Rapid Decay Gem (more multiplier)

You could do this as a Chieftan, Elementalist, or Scion.

A problem with Chieftaim is that it converts a % of your physical damage to fire. Bad with EE.
this is an ignite build

fire damage projectile damage elemental damage and area damage all apply to both the hit and ignite damage

you get 20% chance to ignite from the quality on EA, 10% from the tree and another 14% from the flammability

that's 44% chance to ignite, i mean if you want to you could use chance to ignite as your 6L but i don't thin it's worth it

you could also use mokous embrace for some extra too but if you want to use a unique ring doedres damning and double curse is a much better option IMO

all the multipliers you use also apply to ignite damage, there's no reason to add rapid decay instead of a multiplier that applies both to the hit and the burn damage

speccing into damage over time nodes over nodes that double dip is very inefficient
IGN JustifiedF
Editado por útlima vez por Justifi3d en 28 feb. 2016 19:50:08
For single target theres been a number of fixes offered, considering the price of a 5l quill rain or for starters a 5l bow you craft +2 to bow gems on, you could easily weapon swap for single target (if you dont want to gem swap etc).
Reduced duration looks really exciting for this build since the delay is what separates this build from the really fast clear of a normal crit bow build.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional