[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Hi !

For starters, thanks a lot for your build ! I've been playing it in the Perandus Hardcore League for ... one day, and I'm loving it ! I would like your opinion on my stuff and what changes to prioritize. So far, I got

and, for the flasks :

My passive tree is nearly the same as yours (except for the 15% lighting res which I'll take back with better stuff) and I was thinking about going to Ballistic Mastery and then to the Alchemist nodes : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAecEBw18DkgQWBBiES0RUBGWFdcZihpsGo8dFB1PHwIpTyo4LJwsvy0fLag1uTbFNuhGaUZxSshMs1BCUXRWSFZjWK9d8l8qX2pfsGZUbRluqm87b552EXgNe8N8g3_GgpuC5IMJhFOExYV7hq6HZYqvjDaMdo7pj0aP-pARkyeVIJcGm7Wdrp48n8uiLqKjppmnCKcrpzCpbq-Nr5uxkLQMtfK31r6KvrzAGsHFwfPDOspKytPQ0NWm2CTbWeKt5CLquuvk6-7sGOw47_322vsJ

I got around 8k ES and something like 2.5k dps on Incestorm with 1000 intel roughly.
I think I can get some more so I'll be less squishy and more powerful but I'd like your advices ;) !

Also, I got Flame Golem + Minion Life + Minion res + Blind but I don't know if this setup is the most optimal. What do you say ?

Again, thanks a lot for the guide and hope to read your answers soon !
"
djnat escribió:
With that flask, you generate consecrated ground, so it means that while you stand on it, you have 4% ES regen per second.

It would be hard to find an encounter where 4% ES/sec regen would make a difference. Core Malachai will wreck you with or without it if you try to facetank him. Nothing else can outdamage our leech. Maybe some combination of +%extra ele damage and EW on a high tier boss, but I would rather not try to facetank in that situation. We have always relied on mobility and range/area damage. Standing in 1 spot and facetanking only became a possibility in 2.2 and it's better not to take any risks if you aren't sure you can survive. When in doubt - cast Icestorm and run :)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 21 mar. 2016 23:14:08
how about this one?
So this is my current gear right now

Would it make a big difference to upgrade my staff rom 14% inc int to 18%? Im currently at like 8.5k ES and 4.5k avg dmg with conc effect. Thoughts?
How do You get 7.5 spell crit on WI. I'm missing something coz i have 5%... but dunno what.
"
BOB_JACKS0N escribió:
How do You get 7.5 spell crit on WI. I'm missing something coz i have 5%... but dunno what.

Maybe you are using Controlled Destruction as a support in the staff?

"
thelibertarian escribió:
Would it make a big difference to upgrade my staff rom 14% inc int to 18%? Im currently at like 8.5k ES and 4.5k avg dmg with conc effect. Thoughts?

4% increased intellect is a good upgrade. You are still missing int on both helmet and body armour, plus your support gems are still lvl 19 and 0 quality (except for CE).

Full quality / level on supports, more int from gear are your next goals.
"
djnat escribió:

"
thelibertarian escribió:

4% increased intellect is a good upgrade. You are still missing int on both helmet and body armour, plus your support gems are still lvl 19 and 0 quality (except for CE).

Full quality / level on supports, more int from gear are your next goals.

Yeah you're right, I think I can manage to get both a good chest piece and wep pretty easy, but ive kinda digged myself into a hole by getting so much resistances on my helmet, gonna be pain to rebalance the gear around a new one with more int.

And I guess the 19/0 gems make a big difference with 20%Q :)
"
Kelemn escribió:
What do you think about this flask ?
Worth it ?

We take Vaal Pact, which means the flask will have no regen effect on our ES, since life regeneration has no effect.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
djnat escribió:
"
BOB_JACKS0N escribió:

Maybe you are using Controlled Destruction as a support in the staff?

Ye that's it ty :)
Editado por útlima vez por BOB_JACKS0N en 22 mar. 2016 19:40:25
Sorry if this was asked before but this thread is getting too big.

Ive reached end game with this and I cannot run all of the auras AA, Discipline, and Blasphemy. I have to choose between AA and discipline.

From what im experiencing, 5% unreserved mana is not enough to support all 3 of these.

So what im asking is, in other ppls opinions, is he right in saying enlighten is not mandatory?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional