[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

With nerf to perandus rings isnt it better to use high int rings? Ring can have upto 66 int with some resistance, spell damage, cast speed.
What do you mean nerf to perandus ring ?
---
"
Kelvynn escribió:
And... it's done!

EMBRACE THE SHELLFISH!

Woot!

It's time for my version of this build to graduate and split into a separate thread. It has several key differences from the main version now. Some of them are mentioned as optional/unimportant in the main post, others are only seen in my posts that get buried in the pages of this thread quickly. But I feel that my improvements are actually very important, and without them the things I am able to do are either not possible or require much more expensive gear than mine.

I will be making a thread with a full guide to my version of the build, with a link back here, to its 'roots'.

Thank you Baalorlord for creating the foundation of this extremely powerful, safe and fun to play build!

Very nicely done!

Looking forward to seeing your thread. I may end up stealing one or two of your improvments if I find them strictly better than my current setup. :3

"
kavinux escribió:
With nerf to perandus rings isnt it better to use high int rings? Ring can have upto 66 int with some resistance, spell damage, cast speed.

Even nonlegacy perandus rings grant over 100 int to this build. A rare ring with the properties described could theoretically be better, but would be obscenely expensive.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Hi, at first nice build, i like it, but something is strange, my average dps is 1577 only, skill tree is almost same, not enough high lvl, idk what i've did wrong, here are my items
also my int is 1093 and es 8k, any tips what to do or change?

Upgraded
and some more items, now got 2000 average dmg. but still, something is wrong, tho i dont have jewels, using just one Fertile Mind
Grinding Gear Games rock.Path of Exile isn't dying.
Editado por útlima vez por Timmy91 en 21 mar. 2016 15:19:06
"
Baalorlord escribió:
Very nicely done!

Looking forward to seeing your thread. I may end up stealing one or two of your improvments if I find them strictly better than my current setup. :3

Thank you! :)

The thread is up: The Curse Whisperer

Still working on the leveling secion, fresh from my Scion experience in Perandus, but will be completed soon as well.

Differences from your main version:

1. Dual curse (Whispers of Doom and CWDT Enfeeble).
2. Auxium is not optional. Without it you are insta-dead the moment you let Core Malachai touch you (and he WILL touch you, especially if there are two of them there). Or Haast. Or Daresso. Or even Merveil.
3. Perma CE without losing AoE radius. No need to swap gems for the boss. Most bosses don't stand still either.
4. Faster Casting only for speed runs of easy content (swap with CD). Longer casting time is perfectly fine against all the top enemies.
5. Izaro's Turmoil. It's as good as a 3.5-mod jewel. Small improvements from expensive 4-mod ones are absolutely not worth the price.
6. No Alchemist. Flasks are a crutch. Not even much of a crutch since +max resist was nerfed.
7. High level CWDT. Don't waste IC on puny hits you won't even notice.
8. Don't help Alira. 5% cast speed = 0.02s = waste of a skill point.
9. No Frost Wall. Why restrict your own mobility?
10. Orb of Storms. Lasts 20 sec with all our extended duration benefits, constantly zaps everything and procs EO.
11. Trickery is not taken until you run out of better things to grab at lv 97. It's been nerfed.
12. No Primal Spirit. Not enough skill points for that without Skyforth. But my most expensive piece of gear costs 4 ex, so I'm not even going to consider Skyforth. It's not a good match for this build anyway.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 21 mar. 2016 16:37:32
What do you think about this flask ?
Worth it ?

---
"
Kelemn escribió:
What do you think about this flask ?
Worth it ?

We don't have any life regen. Our life is 1/1. This is just a Sulphur flask with 1 less use and no benefits. Useless.

"
Snorchi escribió:
Good work. It's very interesting. I'm little noob but i don't understand, how work Orb of storm for this build ?

Orb of Storms is one of several things that can trigger Elemental Overload for us. We don't have any crit chance worth a damn, but EO is too juicy to pass, therefore we need to trigger it using some ability that crits a lot. Ice Spear was suggested also, but I like Orb of Storms a lot more.

It lasts 20 sec with all our supports, and there is a perfect place to put it:

It will constantly zap mobs nearby and crit a lot, almost guaranteeing a constant EO uptime as long as the fight stays near it.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 21 mar. 2016 17:25:23
Kelvynn i was talking about the Zealot's Oath part.

"
applies life regeneration to energy shield instead of life.

So the flask would regen Es.
---
"
Kelemn escribió:
Kelvynn i was talking about the Zealot's Oath part.

"
applies life regeneration to energy shield instead of life.

So the flask would regen Es.

Exactly. But we don't have ANY life regen other than whatever the base minimal one. ZO is for the Regen builds.
With that flask, you generate consecrated ground, so it means that while you stand on it, you have 4% ES regen per second.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional