[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

After Ascendancy update pls the gear section, you said you use now Blasphemy with Mark but in the links theres different setup. With Blasphemy you dropping curse on hit right?
"
Asag escribió:
After Ascendancy update pls the gear section, you said you use now Blasphemy with Mark but in the links theres different setup. With Blasphemy you dropping curse on hit right?

Yeah, that CWDT Firestorm TC is a goner. Use the sockets to greatly improve your CWDT IC, RC, Vaal Disc, Flame Dash and the golem (don't underestimate the importantce of the golem! watch my Core video and count how many hits he took for me and how many attacks he drew from Malachai).

See the gear in my post 2 pages up. Pretty sure that's optimal for links right now. 2.2 will only change the gems in the weapon.
Now that I think about it, Berserker is pretty strong. Just kinda scared of the 5% increased damage taken (makes it a lot harder to run high tier maps imo as well as doing deathless uber runs). Offensively though, Berserker is the best choice that I can see so far for this build. Any other ideas for the 2nd ascendancy, though?
"
FangedLion escribió:
Now that I think about it, Berserker is pretty strong. Just kinda scared of the 5% increased damage taken (makes it a lot harder to run high tier maps imo as well as doing deathless uber runs). Offensively though, Berserker is the best choice that I can see so far for this build. Any other ideas for the 2nd ascendancy, though?

5% increased damage taken is countered by AA's 13% LESS damage from physical and fire. You probably won't even notice it in most places. I doubt that a pure 5% increase in cold and lightning damage will hurt much. Oh yeah, here's a brand new reason why CtF/AoF :)

Edit: NM, I found the picture:

Berserker + Elementalist, yeah baby!

Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 3 mar. 2016 17:33:09
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I'm not opposed to testing it, by all means. I just know the answer beforehand because 2.2 does not affect CtF in any way. Fire was better than cold before 2.2, and it will still be better than cold.

We always had 3 MORE mods: CtF effectively gives you 15% MORE.

Hypothermia doesn't work where you need it most. Enough said.

And with cold damage you are more vulnerable to reflect: AA helps against fire but not cold, and you will chill and freeze yourself even with Auxium.

Well... I give you the reflect point, this might be relevat, altho if yo don't sleep while playing it shouldn't really matter.

I also accept defeat in the fact that Hypothermia won't work against most bosses. It would still do more dmg than AoF, that was all I wanted to discuss, because more dmg is always good. I just didn't thought about that the downsides might be that huge.

But "CtF effectively gives you 15% MORE" is just wrong to say. Yes, it increases your damage, but it's still not calculated as a more modifier, it just gives very much increasedmg for 1 skillgem.
"
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I'm not opposed to testing it, by all means. I just know the answer beforehand because 2.2 does not affect CtF in any way. Fire was better than cold before 2.2, and it will still be better than cold.

We always had 3 MORE mods: CtF effectively gives you 15% MORE.

Hypothermia doesn't work where you need it most. Enough said.

And with cold damage you are more vulnerable to reflect: AA helps against fire but not cold, and you will chill and freeze yourself even with Auxium.

Well... I give you the reflect point, this might be relevat, altho if yo don't sleep while playing it shouldn't really matter.

I also accept defeat in the fact that Hypothermia won't work against most bosses. It would still do more dmg than AoF, that was all I wanted to discuss, because more dmg is always good. I just didn't thought about that the downsides might be that huge.

How would the cold version do more damage than CtF+AoF? We didn't even get to the damage-per-skill-point argument where AoF/CtF shines (Snowforged, Izaro's). But what can possibly give you more damage while using only cold?

"
But "CtF effectively gives you 15% MORE" is just wrong to say. Yes, it increases your damage, but it's still not calculated as a more modifier, it just gives very much increasedmg for 1 skillgem.

Yes, it is the same as 15% MORE. I went to the experts and clarified that a while ago:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13781/page/14

Even though Added and MORE are completely different multipliers, it this particular case the result is the same as 15% MORE damage:

X/2 + X/2 + X/2*0.3 = X*1.15

where X is the base damage of Icestorm prior to conversion. All increased damage modifiers are applied after the conversion, and then finally the MORE modifiers. But it doesn't matter when you multiply the number by 1.15 - during the conversion or together with the MORE's. It's still X*1.15
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 3 mar. 2016 20:09:35
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Asag escribió:
Guys do you think this build can handle twinned t15 maps and other challenges when gear not optimized (in new league)?

Yes, probably with some deaths. My gear is only about half-way 'optimized', and I do those things deathless and almost risk-less. It can definitely be done with lesser gear. You can always choose easier mods to complete challenges.

This build is extremely safe, but Core Malachai can still wreck me if I get sloppy. Nothing else comes even close to him though.

P.S. I've just looked at the Perandus League kill challenges. Yes, those will be pretty easy with this build. Acquiring WI in a new league will be harder than completing those challenges. That's the only issue with this build: it can't be your 1st in a new league. Make whatever cheap and easy for farming first, level the gems while at it, and whenever you get your hands on this staff - time to shine.

Also, this is NOT a build to race to lv 100 with. If speed running thru Gorge for days non-stop is your thing, go with Vaal Spark or w/e.

How hard is it to farm The incantation in cruel until you get a WI? If it's possible what skills would you play with to grind the WI? Firestorm?
Ingame: ReExist
guys,

Is this build still good as a Scion? Is there a better class for this build?

Thanks
"
TheHeadsmasher escribió:
guys,

Is this build still good as a Scion? Is there a better class for this build?

Thanks

The main reason for choosing Scion doesn't go anywhere: you just can't connect the parts of the skill tree as any other class without wasting a lot of points. Skyforth may eliminate the issue, but it creates other issues. And finding Skyforth in a new league is not realistic at all.

I don't see any Ascendancy classes that would work with WI better than Elezerker either.

"
deadbyt3 escribió:
How hard is it to farm The incantation in cruel until you get a WI? If it's possible what skills would you play with to grind the WI? Firestorm?

In Cruel? I imagine the drop rate is absolutely horrible. You'd be much better off getting to Merciless and trying it there. Dunno how hard it is to find (I have 2/4 from doing Springs probably more than 100 times since 2.0; never looked for it though), but I'm sure that Cruel is a bad idea.

Any AE skill you are comfortable with will do. Act 2 mobs are pushovers.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 3 mar. 2016 22:16:17

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional