[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Asag escribió:
Guys do you think this build can handle twinned t15 maps and other challenges when gear not optimized (in new league)?

Twinned Abyss should be doable with ~20ex of gear investment - possibly less depending on exactly how much stronger this build becomes with the addition of an Ascendancy class.

It is a very strong build, though. The original post of this thread was created 1 month into Warbands leauge and killed Uber Atziri with that setup. No legacy items involved.

"
Xadrim escribió:
What do you guys think about rolling Scion and going for Occultist + juggernaut?
30% armor
Cannot be chilled
10% to gain an endurance when hit
You can't be stunned when at max endu. charges!
Occultist is just there for the regen (It's ES regen and therefore I hope not affected by the negative effect of vaal pact) and the 20% ES.
The fact of going juggernaut is mainly about the stun immunity and the fact that we do not have to go for unwavering nor eye of chayula.

Juggernaut seems a fairly viable choice for this build. Keeping yourself at max endurance charges may be somewhat tricky, but careful use of enduring cry should make it possible.

I am not a fan of occultist - 20% increased ES is not much compared to how much this build already has, and 1% regen won't be very significant.

"
thelibertarian escribió:
What are your thoughts on 2.2? How will this build change/adapt? Im really interested in this for the templeague :)

This build is going to become significantly stronger in 2.2. I can't say for sure that it will keep pace with some of the new builds that will crop up with the expansion, but Uber is definitely an easier target for anyone running this build. Regular Atziri should be doable with downright cheap equipment.

"
thelibertarian escribió:
What "cheap" build would you recommend to start out the league with? Something with totems etc?

If you want a build that plays fairly similarly and is good for leveling, firestorm will work well - with the added bonus of respeccing into out final build with minimal cost - regret orbs aren't cheap! Not as fast as some other leveling builds, but everything comes with a price.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Patch notes are out - a lot of things that aren't this build got nerfed pretty hard. Looking like a strong future for this build in 2.2!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
The support gem that will replace Life Leech when I take Berseker:

Elemental Focus

30% MORE elemental damage for the price of Icestorm not igniting the mobs. I bet it won't even affect the chilled ground, and it will still chill.

Looks great!

P.S. Wow, they nerfed some builds hard and straight murdered Fire-to-Chaos ones (damn, I loved my Chaos Incinerator even after the 2.1 nerf! R.I.P.) But we only got a DPS boost. Whew! Another day in Path of Nerfs.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 2 mar. 2016 23:49:56
Hey guys, I made this build as my 1 mo Darkshrine build and it was amazing.

How's this for Ascendancy Classes?

Berserker: 1.5% Life Leech + 10% More Damage

Hierophant: 8% of Mana as extra Max Energy shield, 25% increased Mana, Extra Totem from helm, and 20% chance to generate PC's when placing totem.

So, Berserker is pretty self explanatory, but why hierophant?

My thoughts: with well over 2k mana we get a base ES boost of at least 160 (which for me, equates to around 1k ES give or take) This by itself seems better than 20% increased ES from Occultist Scion. (by my calculation my level 90 Scion I get 1.1k for 160 flat ES vs 400es from 20%ES) 1% ES regen/s is pretty negligible as well.

Now...Dual Totem from the helm, I'm thinking I can go for something like:

Spell Totem - Curse(Warlord's Mark/Temp Chains perhaps?) - Decoy Totem - Faster Casting/Inc AOE

The power charge generations is basically worthless but can give a little extra crit chance for triggering Elemental overload.

Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks all. This has been one of my favorite builds thus far.
Juggernaut/elementalist is a possibility,
elemental conflux seems pretty great on paper.
Is Elemental Overload good for this build? Damn I just cant wait for the update.
Editado por útlima vez por Asag en 3 mar. 2016 12:05:52
"
Kelvynn escribió:
The support gem that will replace Life Leech when I take Berseker:

Elemental Focus

30% MORE elemental damage for the price of Icestorm not igniting the mobs. I bet it won't even affect the chilled ground, and it will still chill.

Looks great!

P.S. Wow, they nerfed some builds hard and straight murdered Fire-to-Chaos ones (damn, I loved my Chaos Incinerator even after the 2.1 nerf! R.I.P.) But we only got a DPS boost. Whew! Another day in Path of Nerfs.

At this point, (and with the new Scion Ascencdancy) it seems better to forget about the Fire Conversion, and stay pure cold.

We have 4 MORE Multipliers now.

Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Elemental Focus
Hypothermia

Combine these with SpellEcho and Cold Penetration, and there you go.

I am quite sure these 4 "more modifiers" grant higher damage than dropping 1 of them for CtF and the AoF/SnowforgedFire&IceWalker-Combo.

In addition to that we also gain the ability to use Flasks like Vinktars or Atziri's which we wouldn't with AoF.
"
At this point, (and with the new Scion Ascencdancy) it seems better to forget about the Fire Conversion, and stay pure cold.

Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Elemental Focus
Hypothermia

I am quite sure these 4 "more modifiers" grant higher damage than dropping 1 of them for CtF and the AoF/SnowforgedFire&IceWalker-Combo.

In addition to that we also gain the ability to use Flasks like Vinktars or Atziri's which we wouldn't with AoF.

Umm... why give up AoF? Nothing changes about it in 2.2. The new dps boost combines with it just fine.

Are you trying to reopen the old argument of 'why AoF at all' that this build is based on? Well, you can read through this thread for multiple explanations of why AoF. I don't think repeating them all is necessary.

AoF is better than cold damage. Nothing is changing about that in 2.2.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"

Concentrated Effect
Controlled Destruction
Elemental Focus
Hypothermia

Umm... why give up AoF? Nothing changes about it in 2.2. The new dps boost combines with it just fine.

Are you trying to reopen the old argument of 'why AoF at all' that this build is based on? Well, you can read through this thread for multiple explanations of why AoF. I don't think repeating them all is necessary.

AoF is better than cold damage. Nothing is changing about that in 2.2.

I know this thread and I always were on the side for fire conversion. This shouldn't be a reopen discussion on old facts, because fire was superior. But like I wrote, I am quite sure this time changes now.

We either played 2 "more" modifiers with CtF, Echo, Penetration and LL,or we played with 3 more modifiers and dropped life leech. But we didn't have a 4th more multiplier (in this case Elemental Focus) to add in until now. We also didn't have a reliable way to remove LL until now.

Nothing changes about the conversion damage, you are right there, but like I said we get a new "more" multiplier now which should be worth more than the conversion if my math is right. In fact, we can easily have this 4 more modifiers now, if we go back to cold because we get LL with the Scion Ascendancy.

Why are people so stubborn of testing new stuff?

Editado por útlima vez por Necro_42739 en 3 mar. 2016 14:06:55
"
I know this thread and I always were on the side for fire conversion. This shouldn't be a reopen discussion on old facts, because fire was superior. But like I wrote, I am quite sure this time changes now.

We either played 2 "more" modifiers with CtF, Echo, Penetration and LL,or we played with 3 more modifiers and dropped life leech. But we didn't have a 4th more multiplier (in this case Elemental Focus) to add in until now. We also didn't have a reliable way to remove LL until now.

Nothing changes about the conversion damage, you are right there, but like I said we get a new "more" multiplier now which should be worth more than the conversion if my math is right. In fact, we can easily have this 4 more modifiers now, if we go back to cold because we get LL with the Scion Ascendancy.

Why are people so stubborn of testing new stuff?

I'm not opposed to testing it, by all means. I just know the answer beforehand because 2.2 does not affect CtF in any way. Fire was better than cold before 2.2, and it will still be better than cold.

We always had 3 MORE mods: CtF effectively gives you 15% MORE.

Hypothermia doesn't work where you need it most. Enough said.

And with cold damage you are more vulnerable to reflect: AA helps against fire but not cold, and you will chill and freeze yourself even with Auxium.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 3 mar. 2016 15:00:11

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional