[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Core cant be twinned. Will you update leveling tree today?
Editado por útlima vez por Asag en 4 mar. 2016 12:43:29
So enchantments:

http://omegak2.net/poe/enchantments.html has a list of Ascendancy enchantments, and it looks like many are useful to us, despite the lack of an enchantment to affect icestorm specifically.

Here are the enchantments that I think will be useful for our build.

Gloves:
I don't know what any of these actually do, so I can't speculate yet.

Boots:
-Adds 45-68 Fire Damage if you've Killed Recently
-Adds 45-68 Cold Damage if you've been Hit Recently - hey, more base damage

-80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently - if you're a casual mapper (no atziri fighting) then this could potentially replace unyielding stance

-16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently - seems like a nice clearspeed bonus

-0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently - leech is good

-10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently - movement speed is good

-120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently - reliable activation of Elemental Overload

-Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently - great vs bosses.

Helms:
-15% reduced Discipline Mana Reservation
-30% reduced Arctic Armour Mana Reservation - May let us run an additional reserve skill

-36% increased Arctic Armour Buff effect - more phys/fire mitigation? yes plz.

-30% increased Warlord's Mark Curse Effect - 0.6% extra leech? Sign me up.

-100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Chaos Golems
-150% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Flame Golems - golem users rejoice

-75% increased Rallying Cry Buff effect - this seems very strong

-30% chance for Immortal Call to not consume Endurance Charges - great for CWDT

Given the extremely low chance of getting a particular helm enchant, any of these seem acceptable.

[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Asag escribió:
Core cant be twinned. Will you update leveling tree today?

Core can be twinned as of 2.2. D:

Leveling tree, skill gems (hello warlord's mark and golem, goodbye hypothermia), final tree, and gear will be updated within 24hr of Ascendancy's release.

Videos should follow within a week. I could get this all done faster, but I want to play Perandus!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Editado por útlima vez por Baalorlord en 4 mar. 2016 14:37:06
"
Baalorlord escribió:

Gloves:
I don't know what any of these actually do, so I can't speculate yet.

I would imagine our options are fairly limited, right? Since anything other than a fire-based Decree will suffer from AoF since it doesn't get affected by CtF. (And all Glove enchantments I've seen have been damage based).
Baalorlord, could you pls set your profile to public so i can see your character progression in Perandus league? Dont wanna fuk up start and the tree look abit different now.
"
nel0angel0 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Wow! Even more than I thought. Not sure where the extra damage is coming from (feel free to double check and see if I missed something). But CtF+AoF is definitely a big deal.

Is there a way to utilize Elemental Overload passive effectively in the build?

That would be another 40% more dmg..

Absolutely! Our crit rate is very low (5% with CD, 7.5% with FC instead of CD), but Icestorm produces 10 hit per second. And we double cast it with Spell Echo, i.e. somewhere around 15-18 hits per second. And all you need to trigger EO is 1 crit in 8 sec. We do a lot more than that. You can hear the sound of the crit hits all the time, it's very distinct.

EO removed the crit size multiplier, but we never cared about it the first place, this is not a crit build. The tooltip avg hit will decrease slightly, but we get 40% MORE real dps! It's just like Spell Echo gives you 10% LESS damage per hit but doubles the number of hits (i.e. it's really 0.9 * 2 = 1.8, or 80% MORE dps).

Totally going to grab this node right away.

ETA: Hmm... Baalorlord thinks crit/non-crit is decided at the cast time for all hits. Not sure. Won't hurt to grab this node and see how much it's gonna be up (assuming it's going to show as a buff icon).
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 4 mar. 2016 16:25:47
"
Thymidine escribió:
Unrelated note, @Kelvynn, I was curious about Flame Golem. I usually see Chaos Golem being the go-to to be able to soak more damage. Is that extra damage mitigation unneccesary or do you just prefer more damage?

Extra 4% physical damage reduction on Chaos Golem is not worth using it over Flame Golem. We already have 13% of that from AA. I can already facetank almost anything, and on the things that I cannot facetank (Twin Daressos, Core Malachai - stuff like that) 4% won't save me anyway. I'll take Flame Golem's 20% increased damage buff any time.

And now there is a brand new reason to pick Flame Golem (as well as AoF):

Elementalist 30% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem

i.e. Flame Golem now gives you 50% increased fire damage!
"
Asag escribió:
Core cant be twinned

It can now! :)

I am totally going for it in Standard when I take a break from the new league.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 4 mar. 2016 16:20:09
"
Thymidine escribió:
I may very well be wrong, as I'm only just getting started with this build. But it seems like an obvious pickup to me, without any real investement needed. I have 6.5% crit chance on my Ice Storm and with the large number of hits, one crit every 8 seconds seems trivial to get.

Its not that simple, you get -100% crit chance from Controlled Destruction.

So i ask again, how can we utilize Elemental Overload effectively?
"
nel0angel0 escribió:
"
Thymidine escribió:
I may very well be wrong, as I'm only just getting started with this build. But it seems like an obvious pickup to me, without any real investement needed. I have 6.5% crit chance on my Ice Storm and with the large number of hits, one crit every 8 seconds seems trivial to get.

Its not that simple, you get -100% crit chance from Controlled Destruction.

So i ask again, how can we utilize Elemental Overload effectively?

Crit chance cannot be lower than 5% or higher than 95%, those are the hard coded limits. Without CD you can see it at 7.5% (i.e. 50% increased from the base 5% by the tree nodes), CD brings it down to 5% (i.e. by 50% and not by 100% to 2.5%). Those numbers are very low in any case. The big question is whether or not it's determined per hit or per cast, and then if we are going to crit reliably at least once per 8 sec or not.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional