[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
Say_Ten escribió:
"
Painkiller930 escribió:
First of all, really nice guide

Second I would like to ask, which pantheon gods do you take? I am currently running Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Rakalesh and maybe there is something better for this build

And last but not least could you check my gear see how good is it? Do I need to change anything besides probably the jewelry? Is the weapon Im using good enough for grinding maps?

arakaali is probably the best if you're using blood rage. yugul is nice for mapping and anything with reflect...otherwise you could also try garukhan for the free movement speed.

all your gear needs a little bit of work but you should be able to grind low maps for now, especially at your level. pick up an atziri's promise because it's cheap and maybe even ditch your granite for a rumi's if you can get one cheap.

rest of the gear will absolutely need to be upgraded over time

Thanks for the advice, i think i have upgraded my gear a little bit now. I dont think im going to get a rumi's for now since im also trying to use your shadow double strike build and i might need to save a bit.
There is one thing i have been working on, since a couple of days ago i found out the existence of Oni-Goroshi ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Oni-Goroshi ) and i was wondering if a twisted version of this build could work for using that item.
Like this
Great guide!
Taking it in a slightly different direction and using the oni-sword.
So far I'm destroying everything in the story. Will start mapping today after I finish act 9 and 10!
Thanks for the awesome guide!
"
Painkiller930 escribió:
"
Say_Ten escribió:
"
Painkiller930 escribió:
First of all, really nice guide

Second I would like to ask, which pantheon gods do you take? I am currently running Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Rakalesh and maybe there is something better for this build

And last but not least could you check my gear see how good is it? Do I need to change anything besides probably the jewelry? Is the weapon Im using good enough for grinding maps?

arakaali is probably the best if you're using blood rage. yugul is nice for mapping and anything with reflect...otherwise you could also try garukhan for the free movement speed.

all your gear needs a little bit of work but you should be able to grind low maps for now, especially at your level. pick up an atziri's promise because it's cheap and maybe even ditch your granite for a rumi's if you can get one cheap.

rest of the gear will absolutely need to be upgraded over time

Thanks for the advice, i think i have upgraded my gear a little bit now. I dont think im going to get a rumi's for now since im also trying to use your shadow double strike build and i might need to save a bit.
There is one thing i have been working on, since a couple of days ago i found out the existence of Oni-Goroshi ( https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Oni-Goroshi ) and i was wondering if a twisted version of this build could work for using that item.
Like this

might be interesting to try out with some burning/ignite prolif
"
Jairbear26 escribió:
Great guide!
Taking it in a slightly different direction and using the oni-sword.
So far I'm destroying everything in the story. Will start mapping today after I finish act 9 and 10!
Thanks for the awesome guide!

you got it. let me know how that sword is working in mid/high maps
Hi Say_Ten,

TY for this build - i've always been a fan of Spectral Throw :)

I need a bit of help optimising my build though, I want more damage for my spectral throw, and not sure where to go in the tree or what gear/jewels that could increase the dmg.

currently tooltip i think is 20k-odd.

I've had to changed elemental gems as I got a nice Starforge - ie no elemental dmg.

where can i improve on my passives, gear, gems, jewels?

appreciate the help!

PS: my scion - Faeill
Editado por útlima vez por phalen78 en 3 ene. 2018 3:46:31
"
phalen78 escribió:
Hi Say_Ten,

TY for this build - i've always been a fan of Spectral Throw :)

I need a bit of help optimising my build though, I want more damage for my spectral throw, and not sure where to go in the tree or what gear/jewels that could increase the dmg.

currently tooltip i think is 20k-odd.

I've had to changed elemental gems as I got a nice Starforge - ie no elemental dmg.

where can i improve on my passives, gear, gems, jewels?

appreciate the help!

PS: my scion - Faeill

as you probably know, you can do more damage with slower projectiles than faster projectiles...but faster projectiles go further. with the slower attack speed of starforge, i'd probably stick with FP.

your immortal call and enfeeble are not going off automatically because they are too high level. you need to get lower level versions (lilly roth sells them in town).

your jewelry kinda sucks. i know you're only level 78 but you have a starforge so i'm asking you to man up. want the best of the best for max DPS? get 2 steel rings with extra phys damage as a prefix, at least 60 life and at least 60% worth of resists. amulet can be whatever you need as a base for stats, but ideally if you could get a lot of phys damage, a lot of life, and maybe mana leech as prefixes, you'd be set. you need to get mana leech on something so you can ditch wurm's molt and run a belt with at least 80 life and 60% worth of resists...ideally a stygian vise with a solid jewel.

boots are *ok* but clearly need a different enchant.

you are missing out on a shit ton of dps from gloves. you can not only get gloves with good implicit (think gripped gloves or spiked gloves) but you can also get up to 6-10 flat phys and up to 16% attack speed on them.

as far as flasks, i think you'd still see a decent boost from atziri's promise. i would also work on getting a rumi's and a solid jade flask of iron skin...and probably a stibnite with eanti-bleed too. you can run one instant recovery divine life flask with anti-freeze on it.

as far as the passive tree and jewels, your jewels could be a lot better too. look for %life and at least two damage mods. you should also be using all the jewel sockets you can because they are OP. if you get more INT on your gear (jewelry), you can ditch the +30 INT node (or eventually get that from ascendancy if you want), freeing up another passive point.

you can also make the bottom of your tree more efficient. you can refund two dex nodes above the leech nodes while taking the one underneath them to connect your tree together.

i don't normally take the projectile damage nodes because all the physical damage nodes apply to both attacks. if you follow my advice and don't use those, you'll have even more passives to spend on better things for damage, like sword nodes.

i think those are all the pointers i have for DPS for now. make some changes and report back if you like. good luck!
Hi Say_Ten!

Thank you for the great advice - going to work on that now - see where i can get better gear and work towards that :)

/kudos!
Hello, first of all very nice guide, i enjoy it quite a bit. I only have one question, could this build run dual wielding?
Editado por útlima vez por Mikabosh1 en 6 ene. 2018 20:42:53
"
Mikabosh1 escribió:
Hello, first of all very nice guide, i enjoy it quite a bit. I only have one question, could this build run dual wielding?

sure, if you'd like to. spectal throw will alternate which weapon it throws. double strike will only use your main hand weapon.

the tree would obviously be a little different. why do you want to dual wield?
"
Say_Ten escribió:
"
Mikabosh1 escribió:

sure, if you'd like to. spectal throw will alternate which weapon it throws. double strike will only use your main hand weapon.

the tree would obviously be a little different. why do you want to dual wield?

Thanks for the reply. I just like dual wielding thematically, thats all. Just like axes. Can axes perfrom as much as a sword with the correct axe nodes instead of the sword ones?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional