[3.4] Say_Ten's Double Strike/Spectral Throw Melee Scion - Cheap and Easy to Play

"
darilein escribió:
Hey man, thanks for the guide, I totally enjoy this build but I die so many times vs bosses even on lower tier maps, so if you or anyone could have a quick look at my items and tell me what to switch, Id really appreciate it. Dont pay much attention to the gems, I swapped the Spectal Throw for Curse on Hit to test it yesterday, the problem is just that I dont feel tanky enough to melee combat any boss. I have like 3800 hp and after I read through the replies and you said 4000 is minimum I decided to make this post.
Also, if you could give me an idea of which jewels you currently use, I would be very grateful.
Thank you in advance,

Hey man, no worries. If you want, go into your forum account options and uncheck the "hide all characters" box...that way I can see your passive tree.

At your level, you should definitely start to look for a better sword. Yours is about 400pdps, which is fine but upgrading that will help you kill things faster.

Also, you are using two many unique items. Keep Daresso's but look for good rare items to fill in the other slots. Windscream is OK but you will have to modify some of your gem setups to make dual curse work and maintain everything else. Every unique item you are using here generally decreases your life pool and/or resists. Good rare items keep your resists up and get your life a lot higher as well.

What are your resistances in Merciless?

Are those the gems you are actually using? They need some work. Gear needs work too. Why don't you send me a friend request and or PM and I'll help you out?

Editado por útlima vez por Say_Ten en 2 oct. 2016 17:09:17
I am really enjoying this build, I just have a few questions:

Is this build viable as a first farming character in 2.4?

Is Scion still the best choice?

Are Berserker and Raider still the best choices? If not, which are best, and in what order? If so, which one should I get first?

Editado por útlima vez por maxwolfie en 9 oct. 2016 4:15:25
"
maxwolfie escribió:
I am really enjoying this build, I just have a few questions:

Is this build viable as a first farming character in 2.4?

Is Scion still the best choice?

Are Berserker and Raider still the best choices? If not, which are best, and in what order? If so, which one should I get first?

100%

Scion is still very strong due to jewel sockets and options

Next time I run it I will try Slayer since I think that will be very strong
@Say_Ten

I've always wanted to play a spectral throw scion, but never got into it since every spectral throw build is dual wield or 1handed and I wanted to throw a 2hander. I have some gears that my facebreaker totem build farmed and I want to give this a go.

gear

Since starforge can only deal phys dmg, I figured I combine it a non-legacy voidheart to stack poison/bleed. I modified the 115 tree slightly to pick up a couple of DoT nodes. It came out pretty much the same, gained an extra jewel slot and lost some attack speed, but that's about it. I also picked up slayer instead of berserker in the ascendancy tree, culling strike and bonus dmg to rare/unique seems better to me.

As for gems, I'm thinking of putting double strike/multistrike into the bringer of rain, probably with added chaos and void manipulation. Combined with culling strike from the ascendancy tree, that's like an 8L on a helmet. I'm hoping the blind will provide extra defenses against bosses since this setup isn't going to have a ton of hp. For the starforge, spectral throw+faster attack+greater projectile+physical projectile+added chaos+void manipulation. I prefer greater projectile just cause I like to throw more things. Honestly, I don't know what to link beside added chaos and void manipulation since starforge can't deal elemental dmg.

Because of bringer of rain, I don't have a lot of gem slots to go around, but I want a typical CWDT setup, with increased duration and immortal cry and maybe vaal haste. So I only have 4 slots left for a movement ability, a golem, curse, defensive aura. I don't know. Maybe leap slam+fortify+faster attack and artic armor? What do you think?

Editado por útlima vez por mmmmdang en 9 oct. 2016 13:50:41
"
mmmmdang escribió:
@Say_Ten

I've always wanted to play a spectral throw scion, but never got into it since every spectral throw build is dual wield or 1handed and I wanted to throw a 2hander. I have some gears that my facebreaker totem build farmed and I want to give this a go.

gear

Since starforge can only deal phys dmg, I figured I combine it a non-legacy voidheart to stack poison/bleed. I modified the 115 tree slightly to pick up a couple of DoT nodes. It came out pretty much the same, gained an extra jewel slot and lost some attack speed, but that's about it. I also picked up slayer instead of berserker in the ascendancy tree, culling strike and bonus dmg to rare/unique seems better to me.

As for gems, I'm thinking of putting double strike/multistrike into the bringer of rain, probably with added chaos and void manipulation. Combined with culling strike from the ascendancy tree, that's like an 8L on a helmet. I'm hoping the blind will provide extra defenses against bosses since this setup isn't going to have a ton of hp. For the starforge, spectral throw+faster attack+greater projectile+physical projectile+added chaos+void manipulation. I prefer greater projectile just cause I like to throw more things. Honestly, I don't know what to link beside added chaos and void manipulation since starforge can't deal elemental dmg.

Because of bringer of rain, I don't have a lot of gem slots to go around, but I want a typical CWDT setup, with increased duration and immortal cry and maybe vaal haste. So I only have 4 slots left for a movement ability, a golem, curse, defensive aura. I don't know. Maybe leap slam+fortify+faster attack and artic armor? What do you think?

assuming you aren't going crit but if you did you could try crit or crit multi gem with ST. otherwise use faster projectiles or slower projectiles.

yeah don't worry about culling strike gem, especially if you are going slayer. just make sure you have leap slap with FA and Fortify. you could also rock unset rings for more slots. i run vaal haste and blood rage in two unset rings on my shadow build, which would also work here.
...don't forget...if you run starforge you could also run arctic armour and blasphemy with a curse instead of the offensive auras. grace is still an option too.
waow big fan
Well after about 50 requests over the years, I finally decided to take a stab at running this build with crit.

As you might expect, it can become more expensive, but the play style is the same.

I picked up a Rat's Nest and a Hegemony's Era and even at lvl68 with 5L attacks, the damage was very good.

For Ascendancy, I went for the Assassin, then "can allocate from Shadow" and soon grabbing Raider.

I will report back with my thoughts once I'm a little more geared and at least level 80-85 or so.
Hey man! I loved the build and Im really hyped as I think I'll get a cool looking char at higher levels. The problem is: the passive tree you have is different from the one ingame. Right under where you start on the passive tree (as a Scion), you have a giant ball full of "passive skills to level up", while ingame i dont have it. Any help asap?
"
jonassilva escribió:
Hey man! I loved the build and Im really hyped as I think I'll get a cool looking char at higher levels. The problem is: the passive tree you have is different from the one ingame. Right under where you start on the passive tree (as a Scion), you have a giant ball full of "passive skills to level up", while ingame i dont have it. Any help asap?

Are you talking about the Ascendancy points?

You will need to complete the Labyrinth to get those.

If you mean something else, let me know.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional