[2.2] Fyndel´s LL BM or Mana Spectralthrow - UPDATED FOR ASCENDANCY

"
stzbttln escribió:

Do you regret spending $1500 on this game?

No. $1500 is nothing to me. The thing I am mad about is that I don't think I have a game named PoE to play anymore.

Every single patch, the question is - how much will they nerf our characters this time? Which items do I need to sell in advance to avoid taking a loss on?

Many players save for ages to be able to afford to mirror a BiS expensive item - and then the rug gets pulled out from them every 3 months?

as Sherkhan said - the answer here is to make the game harder. new, stronger areas, or even just increasing monster power across the board. Some nerfs is ok - but when its at the point that you're in damage control mode for your characters literally every single time they patch the game, it is far past the point of being ok.

People were killing atziri/uber atziri with dirt cheap 5ex bow builds thanks to their dumbass balancing in the new 1.2 content anyways (looking at you, bow buffs and new skill gems), so it's not like it's only super expensive builds that are destroying the content. (aided by the fact that the drastically unbalanced for temp league master crafting let everybody make a weapon that would have been very rare in any previous temp league.)

It's to the point where last patch we celebrated the changes to Wanding, not because we got buffed or anything (though the new nodes were nice changes), but because we got nerfed less hard overall than the other builds. (basically the new nodes helping to counteract the across the board nerfs to everything)

Meanwhile their policy on legacy items is a 50/50 split (seriously - tons of shit this patch going legacy, and tons of it just being changed with no prior versions) makes everybody terrified to actually commit to anything unless they're so rich it doesn't matter and they can remirror at will.

The rollercoaster ride that has been Atziri's Acuity is a testament to the fact that they apparently have no fucking clue at all what they're doing.

brief recap:
- Nerf Vaal Pact hard, because it is "bad" for the game and needs to be changed. In the same patch, introduce uber GG item that has the mod on it that is EVEN STRONGER than the original Vaal Pact. Any single unique not BiS for all builds? My ass. This item was either designed (hand in hand with nerfing Vaal Pact) to be the best glove ever created, or they're well and truly whacked.

- Finally decide to balance it by making it a super rare drop, to reduce its effect on the new temp league. Success? Players are fairly happy, temp league is safe from turning into Ambush all over again. Price skyrockets into the stratosphere. Meanwhile their 1.2 content has made the game laughably easy, and there are people doing Uber Atziri practically naked.

- NERF IT ANYWAYS. No legacy version. GG no re GGG. "Hope you enjoyed your six months, you'll never feel powerful like that again." Acuity is only one small example. Block existed in its state for YEARS. It gradually got too easy to stack block to cap in the tree? WHO CHANGES THE TREE EVERY 3 MONTHS AGAIN?? (as I think we all know, basically without testing any of it.) And base block values on shields being nerfed to boot. Just unreal.

Acuity in particular feels like a scummy p2win facebook/mobile game bait and switch tactic imho - they release a blatantly OP item, everybody goes nuts over it and works to get it (or in the scummy p2w game, obviously pays $$ for it), and then it always gets nerfed to make way for a new release that is the new OP. I like to think that GGG has honest, innocent intentions in all the changes they make, but I've never quite gotten over the release of Acuity and the utter gutting of Vaal Pact together.

//end rant for today. sleep time and I've meandered about far too long as it is
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty escribió:
"
turtleken escribió:
any chance of there being a bug and we can craft both %ES onto both pre and suffix?

wanna bet?

in other news from GGG

fuck you fyndel, we hate your crit build so much, fuck your acuities and fuck your crit multi
and your mirrored gears.

gtfo fyndel

just get rekt son

comeback from this you POS, you are not worthy

is pretty much what I get from the patch notes

sad but true

This patch is insane. "our game has become too easy because we keep fucking up the balance on new things, NERF EVERYTHING to cover our asses" is not a design philosophy that I'm ok with. They have seesawed the Standard economy back and forth with every patch, and they even managed to fuck up Rampage massively with the damn master crafting.

I'm going to (maybe, finally, if they ever get their shit together) submit my Hall of Grandmaster character.... after doing a full rebuild I guess seen as everything I moved into on her was utterly gutted, and then probably sell off all my stuff for people to use and walk away. Maybe I'll come back someday, and the currency will be there waiting if I do but I doubt it.

I've got other games to play, rather than sit around while GGG spends two years and 7 patches deciding if my character gets to exist or not.

It doesn't truly impact me in terms of being able to play... because I could just mirror whatever I want and play w/e build... but a lot of people don't have that luxury.

I feel exactly the same.

I've been on a bit of a break as it is, but was excited to come back for 1.3, but the way balance is being handled again and again is just turning me off to this game :'(
"
"
JakeAlmighty escribió:
"
turtleken escribió:
any chance of there being a bug and we can craft both %ES onto both pre and suffix?

wanna bet?

in other news from GGG

fuck you fyndel, we hate your crit build so much, fuck your acuities and fuck your crit multi
and your mirrored gears.

gtfo fyndel

just get rekt son

comeback from this you POS, you are not worthy

is pretty much what I get from the patch notes

sad but true

This patch is insane. "our game has become too easy because we keep fucking up the balance on new things, NERF EVERYTHING to cover our asses" is not a design philosophy that I'm ok with. They have seesawed the Standard economy back and forth with every patch, and they even managed to fuck up Rampage massively with the damn master crafting.

I'm going to (maybe, finally, if they ever get their shit together) submit my Hall of Grandmaster character.... after doing a full rebuild I guess seen as everything I moved into on her was utterly gutted, and then probably sell off all my stuff for people to use and walk away. Maybe I'll come back someday, and the currency will be there waiting if I do but I doubt it.

I've got other games to play, rather than sit around while GGG spends two years and 7 patches deciding if my character gets to exist or not.

It doesn't truly impact me in terms of being able to play... because I could just mirror whatever I want and play w/e build... but a lot of people don't have that luxury.

I feel exactly the same.

I've been on a bit of a break as it is, but was excited to come back for 1.3, but the way balance is being handled again and again is just turning me off to this game :'(

same same and same, ill quit :/
^ same for me. I don't shit exalts so aquiring these items takes quite a long time for me. It's really depressing that when you finally get them the build gets so nerfed that you end up behind where u started.
"

Every single patch, the question is - how much will they nerf our characters this time? Which items do I need to sell in advance to avoid taking a loss on?

Many players save for ages to be able to afford to mirror a BiS expensive item - and then the rug gets pulled out from them every 3 months?

as Sherkhan said - the answer here is to make the game harder. new, stronger areas, or even just increasing monster power across the board. Some nerfs is ok - but when its at the point that you're in damage control mode for your characters literally every single time they patch the game, it is far past the point of being ok.

I totally agree with you!
Every new patch is a slap in your face, dishonoring the time and commitment you invested in the game & your character and the community. I am left over with no faith in this nerfing/balancing getting any better.
I'd like to continue playing, but I am fed up with the nerfs every 3 monthsand inbetween.
It'S the same over and over and over ...and each time I am pushed away from the game even more. Maybe this time it's enough to just let it go.
"
neuerkunde escribió:
"

I totally agree with you!
Every new patch is a slap in your face, dishonoring the time and commitment you invested in the game & your character and the community. I am left over with no faith in this nerfing/balancing getting any better.
I'd like to continue playing, but I am fed up with the nerfs every 3 monthsand inbetween.
It'S the same over and over and over ...and each time I am pushed away from the game even more. Maybe this time it's enough to just let it go.

I must 100% agree with you guys, every new patch is only waiting for new nerf. Where is the fun if many players saving currency for months then finally buy some expenive item (acuity, etc) and ggg can only nerf it?
IGN: Patholion, PatholoWitch
"
JakeAlmighty escribió:
Spoiler
"
stzbttln escribió:

Do you regret spending $1500 on this game?

No. $1500 is nothing to me. The thing I am mad about is that I don't think I have a game named PoE to play anymore.

People were killing atziri/uber atziri with dirt cheap 5ex bow builds thanks to their dumbass balancing in the new 1.2 content anyways (looking at you, bow buffs and new skill gems), so it's not like it's only super expensive builds that are destroying the content. (aided by the fact that the drastically unbalanced for temp league master crafting let everybody make a weapon that would have been very rare in any previous temp league.)

It's to the point where last patch we celebrated the changes to Wanding, not because we got buffed or anything (though the new nodes were nice changes), but because we got nerfed less hard overall than the other builds. (basically the new nodes helping to counteract the across the board nerfs to everything)

Meanwhile their policy on legacy items is a 50/50 split (seriously - tons of shit this patch going legacy, and tons of it just being changed with no prior versions) makes everybody terrified to actually commit to anything unless they're so rich it doesn't matter and they can remirror at will.

The rollercoaster ride that has been Atziri's Acuity is a testament to the fact that they apparently have no fucking clue at all what they're doing.

brief recap:
- Nerf Vaal Pact hard, because it is "bad" for the game and needs to be changed. In the same patch, introduce uber GG item that has the mod on it that is EVEN STRONGER than the original Vaal Pact. Any single unique not BiS for all builds? My ass. This item was either designed (hand in hand with nerfing Vaal Pact) to be the best glove ever created, or they're well and truly whacked.

- Finally decide to balance it by making it a super rare drop, to reduce its effect on the new temp league. Success? Players are fairly happy, temp league is safe from turning into Ambush all over again. Price skyrockets into the stratosphere. Meanwhile their 1.2 content has made the game laughably easy, and there are people doing Uber Atziri practically naked.

- NERF IT ANYWAYS. No legacy version. GG no re GGG. "Hope you enjoyed your six months, you'll never feel powerful like that again." Acuity is only one small example. Block existed in its state for YEARS. It gradually got too easy to stack block to cap in the tree? WHO CHANGES THE TREE EVERY 3 MONTHS AGAIN?? (as I think we all know, basically without testing any of it.) And base block values on shields being nerfed to boot. Just unreal.

Acuity in particular feels like a scummy p2win facebook/mobile game bait and switch tactic imho - they release a blatantly OP item, everybody goes nuts over it and works to get it (or in the scummy p2w game, obviously pays $$ for it), and then it always gets nerfed to make way for a new release that is the new OP. I like to think that GGG has honest, innocent intentions in all the changes they make, but I've never quite gotten over the release of Acuity and the utter gutting of Vaal Pact together.

//end rant for today. sleep time and I've meandered about far too long as it is

I stopped supporting over a year ago and will free ride to get my money's worth from now on. Of course, as far as even subscription games go, that will take years, so be it.

A feel for your grandmaster, Jake. Should there actually be a 3 month period that, after great expense, you finally get your submission ready without a meta swing making it wasted, you will be lucky if the character ever performs anywhere close to how you wanted in any future meta swings.

I thought WTF when I first saw the grandmaster pack and knew right away the issues it would bring.
Remember that well dressed exile competition over a year ago? Well my witch came in 3rd. Had she won, she would have been the exile put in game which was Xando.

At the time of the competition, she was a solo CI phys wander, pre 1.0. Had she won, by the time she would appear in the game, her build was destroyed. "Oh look, lol, there's the wander exile, ROFL" *exile sends out a few lmp siphons that miss or tickle the players, then stands there oom before getting 1 shot*.
Casually casual.

Editado por útlima vez por TheAnuhart en 12 dic. 2014 7:07:04
solutions for acuity's nerf?
"
mne escribió:

get more life leech lol. Not sure if its even needed, the acuity nerf isnt that bad. Its the crit dmg gem nerf that hurts most.
"
Lanfear88 escribió:
"
mne escribió:

get more life leech lol. Not sure if its even needed, the acuity nerf isnt that bad. Its the crit dmg gem nerf that hurts most.

Well those two nerfs go hand in hand.

A LOT less damage with the crit nerf equates to a lot less leech, compounded by 60% effectiveness.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional