[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond escribió:
I'm still pondering how to do so. Maybe the Crest of Perandus for the increased block, cheap but should help a lot in that fight. Or maybe blind. Swap out a gem in incinerate for blind or something?

I don't think blind will be of any use because we take Unwavering Stance:
"
Because you cannot Evade attacks, even Blinded enemies will still have a 100% chance to hit you.

Note: I have yet to try the Atziri fight, but I did wonder if knockback would help here.

Personally I've just picked up a Doryani's Invitation and have found I can easily do without Life Leech gem in easier maps, swapping in Iron Will instead, which has pushed my tooltip DPS up to ~3700. I have not yet tried it in higher level maps. If 1% (of ~3000*4*5) life regen is enough to sustain during 'normal' combat, then maybe I could use that red socket for knockback...

Regarding other uniques that work well for this build, I think Appels already mentioned The Three Dragons mask (fire damage can shock, and with the frequency of Incinerate's hits you'll quickly get three shock stacks on a mob - I was considering Static Blows passive for the same reason). Cloak of Defiance has also been used by folks on H/C for the extra 10% mitigation on MoM (at the cost of chaos conversion and +1 gem level). Likewise Lightning Coil body armour would provide good mitigation against physical damage (especially when you consider this build's high resists), however you'd lose a fair amount of DPS and be getting away from the power-on-the-cheap origins of the build.

Atziri's Promise is also interesting - (up to) 15% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage, and 10% of chaos damage leeched as life. Back of a fag packet maths: assuming 2000 tooltip DPS, so 8000 after you've been casting a few seconds, hitting one target with all five streams = 40000, 25% (10000) of which is converted to chaos plus another 15% (6000) added chaos damage for a total 46000 DPS and 16000 life leech per second over 4.2 seconds = 67200 life recovered (better than any life flask).

I agree with Appels that the curse boots (or the curse ring, or any item corrupted to have +1 curse) don't synergise well with the build - the main principle is Just Keep Casting (Incinerate), and stopping to manually apply a curse (or two) breaks that. For special cases like these particularly hard bosses I might consider opening the fight with an enfeeble, rather than a damage increasing curse. Generally though, you're relying on 'passive' (i.e. triggered) things to apply a curse, so you can keep incinerating and keep leeching. Bear in mind that the Flammability we currently have triggered is only L5 or so, for -34% to mob fire resistance, while a level 20 curse would be -49% - possibly it'd be worth linking the curse to the max levelled CwDT - it wont go off immediately but it will go off soon enough with high damage mobs like these.

I've also been running totems (usually devouring, but decoy would probably be better for the tri-boss fight here) linked to the higher level CwDT. We don't expect it to last long, but that's okay because it will frequently be recast.

To summarise: if you need more mitigation, think flasks, which can be used while casting, or 'passive' sources, that is, something that doesn't interrupt our casting of Incinerate (or LW to run away ;) i.e. spells triggered by CwDT, or gear, or passive choices.
Editado por útlima vez por Norky en 4 ago. 2014 12:08:49
"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond escribió:

As for the rest of the gear, here is a list of things you want to look out for.
Weapon: Spell damage, Fire damage, Cast Speed, Resistances, Mana regen.
Rings: Life, fire damage, resistances, Mana regen, Mana.
Amulet: Life, fire damage, spell damage, cast speed, resistances, Mana regen, Mana.

I suggest cast speed over fire/spell damage on jewellery: point for point, cast speed appears to be superior (I suppose due to the added chaos damage). I have just tested with these two items (took out iron will so as not to alter the results with the strength on the amulets):
gave me 3390.9 tooltip
3239.8 tooltip.
I.e. 10% increased cast speed is worth more than 10% increased spell damage [1]. Likewise swapping from ~5% fire dmg rings to similar number cast speed rings gave me a boost. Of course, if you can get an item with both fire/spell damage and cast speed, all the better. Also, faster projectiles on weapon (only available on wands, not sceptres or daggers) is useful, especially if you don't have a quality Incinerate

[1] I suppose the only disadvantage to faster casting would be against Corrupting Blood mobs: faster damage means faster stacks of CB.
Editado por útlima vez por Norky en 5 ago. 2014 6:11:10
"
Norky escribió:
Lightning Coil body armour would provide good mitigation against physical damage (especially when you consider this build's high resists), however you'd lose a fair amount of DPS and be getting away from the power-on-the-cheap origins of the build.

I did consider lightning coil, but having a 6l mantle plus 6l coil starts to get expensive haha.

"

I agree with Appels that the curse boots (or the curse ring, or any item corrupted to have +1 curse) don't synergise well with the build - the main principle is Just Keep Casting (Incinerate), and stopping to manually apply a curse (or two) breaks that. For special cases like these particularly hard bosses I might consider opening the fight with an enfeeble, rather than a damage increasing curse. Generally though, you're relying on 'passive' (i.e. triggered) things to apply a curse, so you can keep incinerating and keep leeching. Bear in mind that the Flammability we currently have triggered is only L5 or so, for -34% to mob fire resistance, while a level 20 curse would be -49% - possibly it'd be worth linking the curse to the max levelled CwDT - it wont go off immediately but it will go off soon enough with high damage mobs like these.
I've got the enfeeble linked to the level 5 cwdt, along with frost wall and enduring cry. So both my curses are passively cast, and I must say this works out to be freaking awesome, at least when I test it.
Editado por útlima vez por Maginum en 6 ago. 2014 0:54:14
"
Maginum escribió:
I've got the enfeeble linked to the level 5 cwdt, along with frost wall and enduring cry. So both my curses are passively cast, and I must say this works out to be freaking awesome, at least when I test it.

Ahh sorry, I misunderstood the first time. That sounds like a pretty simple approach which works well with the build. Remember though that curses affect bosses a lot less:
PoE Wiki
"
Note that some monsters and maps have affixes that make them (or the monster inside of them, in the case of maps) immune to curses. Map bosses also have 60% reduced effect of curses on them, and Act Bosses 70%. Launching a curse that decrease the elementals resistances by 10% on Vaal oversoul would reduce his resistances by only 3%. This does not mean that curses are useless, but it can make it unadvisable to rely too heavily on curses when building a late game character.

So a L5 Enfeeble would normally give 24% reduced accuracy/crit chance/crit multi and 27% reduced dmg, which becomes 9.6%/10.8% for a map boss. L20 Enfeeble is 39%/34% => 15.6%/13.6%.
Editado por útlima vez por Norky en 7 ago. 2014 12:14:01
Ah shit really? I did consider that curse immunity would be an issue, but honestly I can't think of anything else to socket into the CwDT.
Hey, approx 10% damage/crit reduction is still 10% :) - it might possible make the difference between taking a single big hit which is 105% of your life (i.e. you die) and a hit which is about 95% of your life (you live!) - I'm not dismissing your setup, I just think it's worth working out the numbers so we can weigh up the defensive options.
Just wanted to say thank you for the fun build :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Just reached lvl 63 with it and it is incredible fun even this early, thanks for the guide.
Is this build Regular/Uber Atziri viable?
I don't have a lot of time today, so I'll just get this done for now.

Using the offline skill tree planner Mors posted, I came up with this tree

stats
+100 to Strength
+240 to Dexterity
+260 to Intelligence

+190 to maximum Mana
74% increased maximum Mana
90% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+20 Mana Gained on Kill

+126 to maximum Life
171% increased maximum Life
2% of Life Regenerated per Second
+25 Life gained on Kill

+20 to maximum Energy Shield
+20% Energy Shield
52% increased maximum Energy Shield

+15% to Fire Resistance
+15% to all Elemental Resistances

28% increased Spell Damage
18% increased Cast Speed
52% increased Elemental Damage
20% increased Critical Strike Chance
99% increased Fire Damage

6% increased Movement Speed
21% increased Effect of Buffs on You

12% increased Radius of Auras
16% reduced Mana Reserved
26% increased effect of Auras you Cast

20% increased Projectile Speed
15% increased Projectile Damage

15% increased Block and Stun Recovery
30% Chance to Avoid being Stunned
55% chance to Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting

When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life
Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments

stats
+194 to Strength
+64 to Dexterity
+272 to Intelligence

+176 to maximum Mana
100% increased Mana Regeneration Rate

+173 to maximum Life
147% increased maximum Life
3.8% of Life Regenerated per Second
+5 Life gained on Kill

+10 to maximum Energy Shield
+52.4% Energy Shield
28% increased maximum Energy Shield

74% increased Spell Damage
12% increased Cast Speed
16% increased Elemental Damage with Spells
76% increased Elemental Damage
159% increased Fire Damage
Damage Penetrates 2% Fire Resistance
5% chance to Ignite
20% increased Critical Strike Chance

28% increased Projectile Damage
10% increased Projectile Speed

+15% to Fire Resistance
+5% to all Elemental Resistances

Converts all Energy Shield to Mana

34% increased effect of Auras you Cast
22% increased Radius of Auras
8% reduced Mana Reserved

21% increased Effect of Buffs on You

Cannot Evade enemy Attacks
Cannot be Stunned
When Hit, 30% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life

Note: You can not open this tree in the browser, make sure to open it using Mors' offline Skill tree planner.

Yes, I am aware the treeplanner might not be correct, but looking at the taiwanese tree, I see that there is barely any difference. I think a few numbers might be off, but that's it.

Anyways, first thoughts..
- You will notice that both trees are completely different. The scion tree could be similar to the witch one, but I feel this might be a better path for scion based incinerates.
- Witch tree excels at damage while the scion tree is tankier and has more utility(proj speed , dodge status ailments, etc)
- Lots of interesting nodes like life on kill/mana on kill fused with life/mana nodes(worth picking up now).
- No more +max nodes for us. They are too spread apart.
- Clarity nerf, so we pick up a few aura nodes(might not be necessary).
- We won't need to go into the templar's side anymore.

I might drop a few nodes to get more offence if the need arises. I have not clue how the %life will affect ingame stats, but we'll see :)

I'll be back in 14 hours or so, with a new update if needed!

Updated for release
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Editado por útlima vez por Appels_Zijn_Gezond en 20 ago. 2014 11:30:32

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional