Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
harby escribió:
New to this build (loving it!), just wondering, is there no dps benefit of going static blows (just 3 passives to get it) and possibly Conductivity? Since lightning dmg seems to be the bulk of our dps.

Im no sure about this nodes too, but it seems that it would be harder to live through ele reflect.

IMHo these nodes will be usefull with Taming ring
"
harby escribió:
New to this build (loving it!), just wondering, is there no dps benefit of going static blows (just 3 passives to get it) and possibly Conductivity? Since lightning dmg seems to be the bulk of our dps.

Static Blows is awesome but not worth it, until you are about level 90 you have no points to spare for it. I would suggest however once you have completed the main tree, instead of going for the 3 Projectile DMG nodes west of Ballistic Mastery as the OP has, go for Static Blows at that point.

Conductivity? No, if you're going to curse then curse Ele Weakness since our damage is half fire, half lightning.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
I actually spec'd out of the inner force circle to try out static blows and never respeced back into inner force. I found that having static blows in situations where you are against high HP monsters with Ele resistance and or no curse mods is far more helpful than the extra bit of upfront dps of Inner force. I have upgraded gear since then, but I think I dropped about 8-10% tooltip dps. I am working my way back towards Inner Force now, and may respec out of a couple 8% health nodes to get it back, but I have had no problems dps wise with or without it.

I also use a secondary weapon setup with
This will give you the ability to run any map(blood magic excluded) no matter how bad the - resists or reflect mods are. Using a ruby and topaz flask in conjunction with the Saffels gets my lightning and fire resists to 97 each. I was able to face tank double temple boss with no problems this way. As a bonus I have Leap slam on the secondary setup to help get around cliffs and what not.

My gear. Yes my jewelry is terrible, sure I will buy better :)
Spoiler

I can post my stats later when I am back at my office.

*I want to add that I am not trying to say that Inner Force is bad and you should spec out of it. It was just the easiest node for me to spec out of to test Static Blows and I havent gotten around to getting Inner Force again.
IGN: Xkyfen
Editado por útlima vez por Cyfen19 en 17 feb. 2014 10:45:55
"
Cyfen19 escribió:
I actually spec'd out of the inner force circle to try out static blows and never respeced back into inner force. I found that having static blows in situations where you are against high HP monsters with Ele resistance and or no curse mods is far more helpful than the extra bit of upfront dps of Inner force. I have upgraded gear since then, but I think I dropped about 8-10% tooltip dps. I am working my way back towards Inner Force now, and may respec out of a couple 8% health nodes to get it back, but I have had no problems dps wise with or without it.

I also use a secondary weapon setup with
This will give you the ability to run any map(blood magic excluded) no matter how bad the - resists or reflect mods are. Using a ruby and topaz flask in conjunction with the Saffels gets my lightning and fire resists to 97 each. I was able to face tank double temple boss with no problems this way. As a bonus I have Leap slam on the secondary setup to help get around cliffs and what not.

My gear. Yes my jewelry is terrible, sure I will buy better :)
Spoiler

I can post my stats later when I am back at my office.

*I want to add that I am not trying to say that Inner Force is bad and you should spec out of it. It was just the easiest node for me to spec out of to test Static Blows and I havent gotten around to getting Inner Force again.

Static blows is worthless unless you have legacy thunderfists, and even with legacy TF its still pretty bad. Sure it will help you vs white trash mobs you would easily kill other wise, but it takes a lot of dps away from you and your group vs boss's, which really is the most important.
ign sweetumss
"
newbsauce87 escribió:

Static blows is worthless unless you have legacy thunderfists, and even with legacy TF its still pretty bad. Sure it will help you vs white trash mobs you would easily kill other wise, but it takes a lot of dps away from you and your group vs boss's, which really is the most important.

I think 1 of us has a misunderstanding of how Static Blows works, and I hope it isn't me. I get absolutely no benefit from Static on white trash mobs, they all die so fast most times there isn't any of them getting affected. The big gain from it is on bosses and tankier mobs. The longer they take to kill the more stacks I get on them and then they start dropping faster. I have a 20% chance to shock on hit and I think I am over 5 attacks a second. Any mob that isn't dying in less than a second, should have at least 1 shock stack on it. Lightning is by far my biggest damage source, so the length of the shock stack isn't a problem. Generally I will see the shock effect on the corpse for over a second after they are dead. A mob that I shock will also take 30-90% more damage from anyone else in the group, I fail to see why that is a bad thing. I also have no clue what thunderfists have to do with it.

Basically the whole reason I am using it and justifying getting it before Inner Force is that it makes so little different on most mobs either way, but the quickness that the tankier/more resistant mobs goes down is worth the tooltip DPS loss.
"
Cyfen19 escribió:
I also have no clue what thunderfists have to do with it.

Both 100% Increased Shock Duration and flat lightning damage to help with shocking. Legacy has 1-100 which is insane.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 17 feb. 2014 13:14:12
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
Cyfen19 escribió:

Both 100% Increased Shock Duration and flat lightning damage to help with shocking. Legacy has 1-100 which is insane.

Right, I guess I should have said I have no clue why legacy TF makes Static Blows go from worthless to pretty bad. Those gloves are sick and would add some serious damage, but this build does enough lightning damage without them to not have to worry about the duration wearing off too fast...in my experience running at about 10.5k dps

"
Cyfen19 escribió:
"
Chundadragon escribió:
"
Cyfen19 escribió:

Right, I guess I should have said I have no clue why legacy TF makes Static Blows go from worthless to pretty bad. Those gloves are sick and would add some serious damage, but this build does enough lightning damage without them to not have to worry about the duration wearing off too fast...in my experience running at about 10.5k dps

Oh yeah, Static Blows is very meh in my experience, I just think it's an alright addition to the build past level 90 when you have the point to spare.
New player here, leveled with this build in mind. I have two questions, sorry if they're kind of weak:

In the videos, how is he sustaining himself? I didn't see any leech on his gear

Also, do you have to turn your auras on then remove them from the hot bar to have access to other abilities?

Thanks for the potential response :3

"
jpgilliam escribió:
New player here, leveled with this build in mind. I have two questions, sorry if they're kind of weak:

In the videos, how is he sustaining himself? I didn't see any leech on his gear

Also, do you have to turn your auras on then remove them from the hot bar to have access to other abilities?

Thanks for the potential response :3

Such noob, warms my icy heart.

I have life leech linked in my chest to spectral throw which gives 8% leech based on all of your damage which in this case is all elemental. The leech you find on gear is physical based and as I do none of that damage it's useless to get.

You can probably line up all the auras on your skills since there's not many things that need to be on your bar but you can just activate each in 1 skill slot if you choose. They remain active even if you remove it from your bar after turning it on.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional