Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Mathil escribió:
"
jpgilliam escribió:
New player here, leveled with this build in mind. I have two questions, sorry if they're kind of weak:

In the videos, how is he sustaining himself? I didn't see any leech on his gear

Also, do you have to turn your auras on then remove them from the hot bar to have access to other abilities?

Thanks for the potential response :3

Such noob, warms my icy heart.

I have life leech linked in my chest to spectral throw which gives 8% leech based on all of your damage which in this case is all elemental. The leech you find on gear is physical based and as I do none of that damage it's useless to get.

You can probably line up all the auras on your skills since there's not many things that need to be on your bar but you can just activate each in 1 skill slot if you choose. They remain active even if you remove it from your bar after turning it on.

Such blindness. Thanks for the quick response :D
Do you think it would be a good idea to use a scepter? The highest aps scepter has 10% increased elemental damage implicitly, can get up to 36% increased elemental damage, as well as 30% increased fire/lighting damage. In fact, it can roll (probably tons of time crafting):

10% increased elemental damage
27% increased attack speed

AND still has room for

x - x lighting damage
x - x fire damage

or

x - x cold damage if you need that chill

Obviously this would take a ton of time crafting or an extremely lucky roll off an alchemy/chaos orb but if it was possible do you think it would be better than a sword. Max APS a scepter can roll with increased attack speed is somewhere around 1.84. (Scepter is the only melee weapon that can roll increased fire/lighting damage).
Editado por útlima vez por BananaJams en 18 feb. 2014 9:48:59
"
BananaJams escribió:
Do you think it would be a good idea to use a scepter? The highest aps scepter has 10% increased elemental damage implicitly, can get up to 36% increased elemental damage, as well as 30% increased fire/lighting damage. In fact, it can roll (probably tons of time crafting):

10% increased elemental damage
27% increased attack speed

AND still has room for

x - x lighting damage
x - x fire damage

or

x - x cold damage if you need that chill

Obviously this would take a ton of time crafting or an extremely lucky roll off an alchemy/chaos orb but if it was possible do you think it would be better than a sword. Max APS a scepter can roll with increased attack speed is somewhere around 1.84. (Scepter is the only melee weapon that can roll increased fire/lighting damage).

No, the attack speed on the weapon is what matter the most as that is what the auras are scaling off of which is the bulk of the damage in this build. Foils are perfect for the build because they already have very high implicit attack speed, trust me.. the ele dmg will not stand up to any high AS foil.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 18 feb. 2014 10:03:27
I played your build in the one week race and really like it! I finished with level 88 and cruised through maps a lot easier then I did in Domination.

It's advertised as a Solobuild but is insanly good in groups obviously.
It levels up really good, all the damage comes from the skills and you out dps everyone who needs a good weapon to run. Better starting char then the 2 Hand Spectral Thrower everyone played at the start of the 4 Month Leagues.
It is possible to run all 5 Auras on Reduced mana level 19 with Alphas.
Grace instead of Haste gives insanse amount of Evasion, if the items are bad. 10k Evasion with Tabula Rasa and 6 Link is better then 6-8K Evasion with a 5 Link Rare. High Maps with Tabula Rasa are possible!
Skilling Static blows and the point behind it is worth it. It's not that far away and boosts the kill speed by quite a lot.
I liked Life Gain on Hit better then Life Leech, but maybe it's better with 20 Quality.
Puncture and Undying Evangilists are a bitch.

my Items from the Race, some are really bad, other are allright:
Spoiler
Editado por útlima vez por derberherbert en 18 feb. 2014 19:23:11
Selling my items for Spectral Throw build in Standard League if anyone is interested

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/798628
Editado por útlima vez por Ngau en 19 feb. 2014 7:35:35
"
derberherbert escribió:
I played your build in the one week race and really like it! I finished with level 88 and cruised through maps a lot easier then I did in Domination.

Spoiler

For a one week, that is some pretty good gear. I played the build as well to level 82 in 5 days before burning out. Gave all my gear away, but I found a rapier with top top 2nd ele rolls with top APS. But it was a RAPIER =/. Think it was 1.92 aps or something like that and still beat out my dual ele 1.12 aps foil. So close to amazing.

Found the build to be very effective. Dual wielded most of the race for the added dps aside from ele weakness/-max maps where the shield became necessary. Got the Alpha's on day three and had the two purities running on day 4.

Had the same issues with hasted puncture dogs and evangelists though. That physical spell dmg is a bitch. Ended up running two granites and a jade along with two seethings and that seemed to work fairly well as a topaz/ruby weren't necessary on reflect with my ~8.5k dps and LL gem equipped. Also didn't get past lvl 73 maps.

Found I could run a 5L without LL for added dps into 72-73 maps with just a 4% physical leech amulet as long as the map wasn't half regen and the monsters weren't build counters.

Overall a very nice build and probably a good way to build for transition into wander in the new leagues. At least that is my current plan. Believe this build will be perfectly fine to farm dual andvarius/goldwyrm/perandus/sadima's (assuming they are in the next league). The purity is just that strong.

I also took static blows + adjacent 10% shock chance node as The Taming is the end goal for me if I choose this build. 20% Shock stacking with ~.18 attack time is damn awesome.

Overall really enjoyed this build and can't see why anyone would ever run 2H physical ST in a softcore league. If I use this build in the new leagues, it will be on softcore.

My hardcore character will likely have to be armor based. Acrobatics is great for blazing through content in softcore, but in HC I just can't stand the idea of being so squishy to multiple attacks in quick succession.

Thanks for the guide.

As I side note, what do you think of the new 1.1 Elemental Life Leech Innates on Amulets?

Looks like it could be possible to swap out Life Leech for Added Lightning or Added Fire and run the 1% (or more assuming they are possible) innate Life Leech from Lightning or Life Leech from Fire.

Jonesing for the release of the new passive tree already.. the addiction runs deep.
Editado por útlima vez por Cataract en 19 feb. 2014 11:30:41
"
derberherbert escribió:

It's advertised as a Solobuild but is insanly good in groups obviously.
It levels up really good, all the damage comes from the skills and you out dps everyone who needs a good weapon to run. Better starting char then the 2 Hand Spectral Thrower everyone played at the start of the 4 Month Leagues.
It is possible to run all 5 Auras on Reduced mana level 19 with Alphas.
Grace instead of Haste gives insanse amount of Evasion, if the items are bad. 10k Evasion with Tabula Rasa and 6 Link is better then 6-8K Evasion with a 5 Link Rare. High Maps with Tabula Rasa are possible!
Skilling Static blows and the point behind it is worth it. It's not that far away and boosts the kill speed by quite a lot.
I liked Life Gain on Hit better then Life Leech, but maybe it's better with 20 Quality.
Puncture and Undying Evangilists are a bitch.

Spoiler

Aaaaah, 6L in one week race, I'm jelly :D

"
Cataract escribió:
As I side note, what do you think of the new 1.1 Elemental Life Leech Innates on Amulets?

Looks like it could be possible to swap out Life Leech for Added Lightning or Added Fire and run the 1% (or more assuming they are possible) innate Life Leech from Lightning or Life Leech from Fire.

Jonesing for the release of the new passive tree already.. the addiction runs deep.

Mmm? Ele Life Leech? Can't find anything about that, can you post a link?
"
Cataract escribió:

Not sure 1% will be enough. I'm hoping that translates to the tree though and that we get some elemental life leech passives there (and hopefully close to the current spec). Full respec coming (so i've seen on the forums and reddit) so it'll be easy enough to hit that up.

1 week and level 88 with all that gear.... damn. Do you get xp faster in those races? I can't even 6 socket my damn chest piece let alone 6 link.

And it's funny seeing someone above selling gear (at prices too steep for me sadly) then someone below mentioning giving away. funny to see such opposites.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Editado por útlima vez por Madcow1120 en 19 feb. 2014 12:19:29
"
Madcow1120 escribió:
Do you get xp faster in those races?

Nah, 88 is perfectly reachable - highest was 92 in the race.. just need some race RNG to get those fuses :P
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 19 feb. 2014 12:20:14

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional