Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Fine... I guess I'll have to make a constructive post as well :/

The shield gives you a huge part of your evasion rating, going up to 2K with a good rare, giving you up to 40% evasion from reasonable gear (it even goes higher) which does not drop off like armour (entropy-based). Assuming you take 60% of the rest of the damage, you then have a further 30% to block the damage depending on your shield (goes up to 36%) (random-based), essentially working out to you taking 42% of all damage. If you take Acrobatics after this.. oh boy, you are in for a treat... time to take no melee damage 8 times out of 10.

Yes guys... you avoid 58% of all melee damage in this scenario (goes up to 68% if you have 50% eva and 36% block) IF you use a shield in conjunction which is a lot more effective than it sounds - the majority of the game's elemental damage comes from Fire and Lightning, with 84% and you hit Ruby and Topaz, you reach 94% taking only 6% of all damage. where you used to take 16%... you literally only take a third of the damage this way. If you want to play deathless - you will need to use your pots properly, Granite under high physical, elemental under high spell damage. This is hugely more effective than relying on Saffell's and going afk-mode which is not a strategy for levelling past 90. Even if you are softcore, dying hurts endgame. It hurts a lot.

So why do I think you should prioritise avoiding melee damage? Because flasks are there ON DEMAND. Immortal Call on the other hand is unreliable, against bosses it will do next to nothing which is bad news against heavy melee hitters. Against packs, you literally have to rely on them being big enough for your EC to do work which is bad news since occasionally EC desyncs and you are left in the middle of a huge pack of chargers and you are dead. How do I know this? That's how my friend died at level 94 on the Invasion ladder, and yes, he had a Lightning Coil. If you cannot reliably mitigate melee damage when it comes in spikes as well, what will you do when you are ambushed by a pack of blue devourers with powerful crits and die before Immortal Call even goes off? Relying solely on a defense mechanism which works 95% of the time means that when it does go wrong, you are left naked. This is experience from HC, you cannot afford to let it slip up, Immortal Call is always supplementary to already-good defences - a Coil, strong evasion gear and of course a strong evasion shield that actually lets you block melee attacks.

Also, the reason why Vix is affected by reflect is because his character is HUGELY inbalanced. Life Leech rate is based off total life which is completely fine usually except when you decide to max out DPS with about 3k life, if you actually have a normal character that doesn't stay at level 71 for Atziri man-mode testing or whatever, you'll be fine.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 1 jun. 2014 11:35:15
"
Also, the reason why Vix is affected by reflect is because his character is HUGELY inbalanced.

Would you STFU? Seriously dude, how on earth is my character hugely imbalanced? You seriously get dumber with every post. I bet in the end my character is nearly identical to yours or anybody else's who has built it properly (the only difference being budget). Aside from my shield choice being mostly Saffells and rarely my rare shield for obvious reasons, please tell me the other areas I'm HUGELY imbalanced.

- First lets start with skill points. Mine are identical to the OP's guide, aside from the fact that I'm missing the final 6 life nodes in the Ranger section, and the 6 elemental damage nodes due to lower level.

I've already stated the reason for this low level. I'm intentionally keeping my character at lvl 72 to avoid the game being a total fucking cake walk, and to make Atziri runs a challenge. I like it more when it's harder. I remember the first time I killed Dominus, it was an epic battle and hugely enjoyable. On my first character, the game felt really hard and well balanced. Now with some better gear choices, it's ridiculously easy. What's wrong with trying to make it hard again? Trust me, you try playing with 3.3k life and you'll quickly remember how fun the game used to be...

- Second, gear wise please tell me the imbalance?

Seriously, please enlighten me, where's the HUGE imbalance you speak of? I'm waiting to hear from the god of POE (who for some reason thinks 78 maps are hard)

Aside from lack of budget and a low level, please tell me the imbalance?

"
VixTrader escribió:

Would you STFU? Seriously dude, how on earth is my character hugely imbalanced?

Sigh, you clearly don't understand game mechanics. I'll spell it out for you. You have 22 Aura gems and a 6L with 20Q gems. That level of DPS is usually reserved for people with at least 5.5k HP - e.g. people with double the life leech rate that you have.

Life Leech rate is based on maximum HP. You have less maximum HP. You leech less versus reflect. Even a five year old could understand. Your reflect problem is an artefact of the strange way you have decided to play this game, no-one else has this problem. (At least, I think no one else has elected to remain at level 71 for teh lolz, gl with that btw) You may need Saffell's to survive reflect but it's just you and don't go around telling other people to use it, seriously please. What you have done is cut reflect damage from 16% to 11% with Saffell's - if you go from 3.3k to 5.5k you leech back at a 66% increased rate. Exactly the same effect, you see why no one else suffers from reflect?

The reason that anyone ever suffers from reflect is unless they get one-shot, they cannot leech back more than they what is reflected to them (hence the need for Vaal Pact to make it instant in extreme cases). It's the classic case of having more DPS than you can handle. I'll help you out here mate - you want to play with low HP and survive reflect? Gain a proper life pool and then reserve it with Blood Magic linked to an Aura. That way, you will have no reflect problems like the rest of us and you can enjoy playing with low life.

Come back when you understand this and don't cry about it, I'm always here to help. If you're still not convinced and I'll facepalm if you're not, I'll talk with you about the maths behind it all.

My point still stands. Evasion Shield >>> Saffell's.

PS: The personal attacks are hilarious btw, do I think 78 maps are hard? No, they are ridiculously easy. This is all relative to you, I'm not looking for help here, are they hard for you? Yes, I doubt you could clear 5 of them without dying. Whilst you may call it fun, I call it a waste of time and a waste of maps.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 1 jun. 2014 13:50:12
+1 Saffell's 100% is never really an option for endgame mapping, just a switch for hard bosses.

I found it funny how you said you wanted to stay at level 71 to experience the game with low HP and now you're level 72. Seems to me like a bad excuse for dying 10 times a level and not being able to level properly. If you want a challenge in this game, play Invasion. Let's see how keen you are for that challenge.
I personally only use saffel's on hard modded palace dominus (and even then it's really not needed cause first phase its just too easy to avoid all his damage, second phase an EVA shield is way better) and the Atziri fight. Sometimes i use it against crematorium map boss but only with rly bad mods such as a combination of -resists and added ele damage.
"
Deimsify escribió:
I need some advice on pushing my build to the next level. I have a bit of currency saved up but not close to affording a 6l coil.

I'm sitting at 10.9k DPS and 4k Life at level 88.

My goal is 5k life and enough DPS to be able to do Atziri.

build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMFtQx9DkgQfxGWFE0WbxcvGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHhoi6iP2JLAmlSepKPoqWy2DL28yiTbpPI5GcUp9UzVVS1XGVdZW-lfJV-JZ81pIWm1jp2TnZp5noG1sbXtvnnC7cql35XzZfXV_xoCkgwmG0Yd2j0aQVZMnlwabtZ2qogCnCKeErKq0DLQ4tUi4k7vjwBrDOsSixp7KSs3qz2XQ0NIZ037UI9bR2RPdRuGI42rlGejW6rrr7uw47g7veu_w8B_22vrS-wn79fxO_MX-uv-T

yeah u will need to do some shopping. go to poe.xyz.is. I also am at lvl 88 but have
+12k dps
5.2k life

and 82% in fire and lightning
and 74 in cold

Spoiler
"
Darkith1546 escribió:
Ughh, I'm so bad at this game. I tried Atziri for the first time tonight. I couldn't even get her below 90% hp before using all my portals. I kept on whirling blades out of stuff right into other stuff and getting one shot. Guess I need more practice moving. 99% sure I would have done better just running lol.

I feel your pain. I rubberband a lot and thats why i run with a duo partner
Some more questions about this build.

So heres my gear

And im thinking about how to get a 6l armor.
So theres coil that's quite nice on changing phis to light dmg, but...
Would a daresso do that as well? Get atziri boots, full dodge and daressos, that endurance and the onslaught would be quite nice.

Toughts on that?
Don't do it. Get a coil.

Taking off my coil would mean getting hit 50% harder. no thank you.
"
Seems to me like a bad excuse for dying 10 times a level and not being able to level properly.

Level properly? You do realize this is a point and click video game right? 100% gear and build based, ZERO percent skill of any kind. You could literally play 78 maps with one hand on the mouse while talking on the phone and eating dinner if your character is built right and wearing the right gear. Why do some of you like to pretend there's something other then that? I wonder, what do you guys do for a living? It must be incredibly simplistic. Do you also spend time explaining to your girlfriends that, no I'm not "just" a checkout boy at the grocery store, it's actually far more nuanced then that, far more complicated than it looks :)

One guy thinks 78 maps are actually hard, and the other thinks it requires some special skills to "level properly" Wtf kind of thread have I stumbled into...

P O I N T & C L I C K

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional