Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"

240 eDPS
Dropped it yesterday. Too bad there's no cold dmg thought.
Worth et+ex ? Not like i can afford one.

T1 Fire, T1 Light, T1 AS - Yes.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
My witch is doing 74 and 75 maps solo ok, but the clear speed isn't terrific with 6.6k dps and my 4.3k hp seems woefully inadequate against certain bosses. I've got 5 exalts in the stash and at least another ~10ex of easily liquidated gear for sale.

Here's my current gear:

Where would you recommend I start on upgrades for maximal affect? I'm thinking a 1-2 ex belt could let me keep the WED mod and resists but with a lot more life. I'm working on 6Ling a lightning coil so I can use added lightning damage (270 extra base edps with a 2.16 speed foil), but I might as well get started on maximizing everything else. I'm just uncertain where I can get the biggest bang for my buck. If I replace the boots, belt, and gloves with higher hp and resists, I could swap out the high cold/fire res ring for something with WED/life...

Edit: current spec:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFy8ZhRmKGjgabBqPHNwdFB2qHpQkPCSqJLAmlSepKPotRy2DL28xiDKJNuk8jkV-RZ1GcUlRUEJTNVVLVcZV1lcrV8lX4lnzWm1k52aebRltbG17cLtyqXNTd-V5A3qqfNl-WX_GgKSCHoMJhtGMNo9GkFWTJ5cGmuCbtaIAoqOnCKdcp4SsP6yqtAy1SLiTwBrAVMHzxKLGns9l0NDZE9sL3FfhiONq6rrr7uw48B_z3fba-tL7CQ==

Next 3 levels get me +30% elemental damage, so that should help...
Editado por útlima vez por jbmcarth en 28 may. 2014 12:41:48
I think that you are missing the mark on a few things which are key strengths of the build.

Weapon speed - while your 2.07 corsair is decently fast, it has a life up to level 70 - beyond that, try and get a blue spiral foil with 26-27 IAS. You've also only got +5% IAS on other gear which is nothing.

The second issue is your defence - you have none. Once your ES is blown through by any mob that hits hard, you have very little armour for dmg reduction, and low evasion for damage avoidance. By putting the few eggs you have in the ES camp (Shield/Belt), your ES is going to be painfully low, and your blowing too many passive points to make it worthwhile (taking away from points that have synergy with the build like dex).

Thirdly, I've tried to go with a mana driven version and it just won't work if you plan on having the 5 key auras up. Add to that a 6th link, an Added Lightning/Cold/Chaos gem will consume more mana per hit (again, contrary to the build advice). You would again have to waste so many passive points and gear attributes just to maintain the mana consumption - even then you are hitting the mana ceiling in a couple seconds.

If you drop purity of fire/lighting to sustain the mana cost, you lose out the +1/2/3 max res - which helps against reflect), and you are forced to overload your other gear with +Light/Fire resists (again taking valuable mod space from WED, IAS, Life, Armour, Added ele dmg).

I hate to say it, but choosing a witch puts you 10 passive points behind the other choices out there when your reaching the point you are at in maps. I am not saying it is impossible, but its incredibly inefficient and dangerous.

Get yourself a couple two-stone rings for cold+fire and roll them with alterations till you get 2 top mods you need. 1000 armour/600 evasion shields with resists and life are not hard to find. Get an iLvl 77 spiral foil and roll alterations on it till you get 26-27 IAS. Other mods don't matter so so if you get anything useful, keep it. Switch to blood magic and forgo the mana nodes/modifiers.

I can't ask you to re-roll, as that would be unfair. But you need to lower your expectations of how effective this build will be in late game.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
Fri3dchick3m escribió:
I think that you are missing the mark on a few things which are key strengths of the build.

Weapon speed - while your 2.07 corsair is decently fast, it has a life up to level 70 - beyond that, try and get a blue spiral foil with 26-27 IAS. You've also only got +5% IAS on other gear which is nothing.

The second issue is your defence - you have none. Once your ES is blown through by any mob that hits hard, you have very little armour for dmg reduction, and low evasion for damage avoidance. By putting the few eggs you have in the ES camp (Shield/Belt), your ES is going to be painfully low, and your blowing too many passive points to make it worthwhile (taking away from points that have synergy with the build like dex).

Thirdly, I've tried to go with a mana driven version and it just won't work if you plan on having the 5 key auras up. Add to that a 6th link, an Added Lightning/Cold/Chaos gem will consume more mana per hit (again, contrary to the build advice). You would again have to waste so many passive points and gear attributes just to maintain the mana consumption - even then you are hitting the mana ceiling in a couple seconds.

If you drop purity of fire/lighting to sustain the mana cost, you lose out the +1/2/3 max res - which helps against reflect), and you are forced to overload your other gear with +Light/Fire resists (again taking valuable mod space from WED, IAS, Life, Armour, Added ele dmg).

I hate to say it, but choosing a witch puts you 10 passive points behind the other choices out there when your reaching the point you are at in maps. I am not saying it is impossible, but its incredibly inefficient and dangerous.

Get yourself a couple two-stone rings for cold+fire and roll them with alterations till you get 2 top mods you need. 1000 armour/600 evasion shields with resists and life are not hard to find. Get an iLvl 77 spiral foil and roll alterations on it till you get 26-27 IAS. Other mods don't matter so so if you get anything useful, keep it. Switch to blood magic and forgo the mana nodes/modifiers.

I can't ask you to re-roll, as that would be unfair. But you need to lower your expectations of how effective this build will be in late game.

There's some confusion here over how my variation of this build works. I've been posting a lot on this thread over the last few days explaining the theory. I don't use the ES for defenses, I use them for mana/regen. With EB, high ES shield, the witch start (which has shittons of useful life/mana/regen/flask nodes), and mana regen on gear, I can run the build off of mana with purity of lightning, haste, wrath, anger, clarity, and arctic armor running. Although I expect to raise my attack speed much higher with gear upgrades (namely by switching to a foil), I also expect lvl 20 clarity will be able to support it. I have no problem spamming my current attack after popping vaal haste.

I'm trading purity of fire and blood magic support for arctic armor and added lightning damage (on a 6L). I feel much safer against fire and physical damage than against lightning (with purity of lightning running), so I'm assuming AA > purity of fire for map running. I also expect that a flat 234 point reduction on physical hits is going to help me more than the small amount of armor I could get with armor/evade gear. The cost of this trade is that the build is slightly more point intensive.

OP build:
108 points
262% life
133% increased elemental/projectile damage
39% IAS

Witch build at that level:
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgMABLMHYwj0DH0OXBB0EH8RlhRNFm8XLxmFGYoaOBpsGo8c3B0UHaoelCQ8JKoksCaVJ6ko-i1HLYMvbzGIMok26TyORX5FnUZxSVFQQlM1VUtVxlXWVytXyVfiWfNabWTnZp5tGW1sbXtwu3Kpc1N35XkDeqp82X11f8aApIIegwmG0Yw2j0aQVZMnlwaa4Ju1ogCio6cIp1ynhKw_rKq0DLQ4tUi4k7vjwBrAVMHzxKLGns9l0NDTftkT2wvcV-GI42rlGeq66-7sOPAf89322vrS-wn79f66

108 points
254% life
85% increased elemental/projectile damage
33% IAS

But I gain 13-238 lightning damage on a 6L, arctic armor, and 30% increased flask effectiveness. I think that's a pretty good deal for the lost increased damage and speed, considering how they're additive to the bonuses from supports, auras, and armor bonuses. With 100% increased WED on gear and 20/20 on gems, the difference in the dmg bonus becomes 12% dps, which is more than offset by the 13-238 base lightning. If pushed beyond lvl 90, each point goes into increased damage.

My question in the last post was more about cost efficiency of improving my gear. Other than getting a 6L lightning coil, which I'm actively working on, how can I best spend my money (bang per buck) to improve my life/dps?
Editado por útlima vez por jbmcarth en 28 may. 2014 14:22:18
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/935514

You might want to check that out.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon escribió:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/935514

You might want to check that out.

sick, tyvm
Didn't read all 280-something pages to see your posts, and I responded before you posted your tree - sorry.. That being said, the original premise behind this build resembles almmost nothing of the build template you are presenting (save attack speed and aura damage).

You can theory craft all you want and run down the stats, but in the end, its about clear speed and boss takedowns. If you are having poor results at both (which you claim) then maybe your build template should be dissected in that ranger forum, or more helpful advice could come from the witch forum.

I could tell you to get a 6L, 2.15 foil and uber rings, but in the end, if you spend so much effort and resources to support your MOM+EB+AA defensive core, you lose out on the real potential of this build. All I did was throw in Blood Magic and a decent shield. Me and a blender friend rip through everything (with him taking advantage of my auras and charges).

Related to your issue though.. get rid of that horrid jewelry and weapon, Swap out LMP for point blank/blind on boss fights.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
Editado por útlima vez por Fri3dchick3m en 28 may. 2014 15:00:20
this should fair me well to end game
18k dps with 3 more damage nodes to go actually 4
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
I think the keys to this build are the following:

Whether 5L or 6L, lightning coil is insanely good for this build. It gives a very impressive amount of physical damage reduction which is needed because this build won't have as much life as you'd like.

A 2.10 APS+ Foil, even if it's crappy like mine without the triple elemental damage. The speed is the most important aspect of it, because remember you're using aura's that really boost damage, so the foil ele damage is secondary compared to the APS.

I don't know why people don't use this shield. Running Purity of light/fire + this shield + 2% max res from the skill node, you will have 86% lightning and fire resists.

Alpha's is the only way to use 5 aura's, and 5 aura's is almost a must if you want your character to be tanky enough for high end bosses. You could even swap out purity of light/fire for vitality when you don't need the extra ele resist but you could use some regen.

As the guide writer mentioned, jewelry on this build is quite important. I picked up these 2 rings for 3 EX for both of them, so obviously there is much much better available if you're rich. But for 3 EX, not too bad.

Summary:

Lightning coil to mitigate physical damage, purity of fire/light + Saffells to mitigate elemental damage plus reflect, a fast ass foil to apply the aura bonus of haste/wrath/anger, Alpha's for 5 aura, and jewelry to get your life/resists/WED.

I can't imagine your es build will be anywhere near as tanky as the OP's guide was written to be. I wouldn't want to tell someone to remake their character, but in your case since it's you admitting the deficiencies, I guess we can agree it will always be tough to make work.

But you get points for trying something new :)
Editado por útlima vez por VixTrader en 29 may. 2014 4:34:23
"
VixTrader escribió:
I think the keys to this build are the following:

Whether 5L or 6L, lightning coil is insanely good for this build. It gives a very impressive amount of physical damage reduction which is needed because this build won't have as much life as you'd like.

A 2.10 APS+ Foil, even if it's crappy like mine without the triple elemental damage. The speed is the most important aspect of it, because remember you're using aura's that really boost damage, so the foil ele damage is secondary compared to the APS.

I don't know why people don't use this shield. Running Purity of light/fire + this shield + 2% max res from the skill node, you will have 86% lightning and fire resists.

Alpha's is the only way to use 5 aura's, and 5 aura's is almost a must if you want your character to be tanky enough for high end bosses. You could even swap out purity of light/fire for vitality when you don't need the extra ele resist but you could use some regen.

As the guide writer mentioned, jewelry on this build is quite important. I picked up these 2 rings for 3 EX for both of them, so obviously there is much much better available if you're rich. But for 3 EX, not too bad.

Summary:

Lightning coil to mitigate physical damage, purity of fire/light + Saffells to mitigate elemental damage plus reflect, a fast ass foil to apply the aura bonus of haste/wrath/anger, Alpha's for 5 aura, and jewelry to get your life/resists/WED.

I can't imagine your es build will be anywhere near as tanky as the OP's guide was written to be. I wouldn't want to tell someone to remake their character, but in your case since it's you admitting the deficiencies, I guess we can agree it will always be tough to make work.

But you get points for trying something new :)
could'nt agree more actually looking into buying that shield
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional