ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
"
Dakilula escribió:
This has been asked before, but limited replies. On shields.

Spell Block vs Physical Block.

What is the consensus on these shield options:

Saffell's Frame (spellblock)-spell defense. has resists. no physical attack block.

Rithpath (converts half block to sellback)-DPS focused . has spell damage. blended defense.

Generic Rare Armor oriented shields (needed? is AA enough?)

Generic Rare Spell damage shields + resist shields (has ES, spell damage and resists)

I'd like to hear mostly about the experience of players in maps and shield choices. I guess 66-70 maps and then 70+. What shield does the build need to not get 1-shot?

What mods do you avoid in maps?

What maps do you avoid entirely?

I'm asking same question for 4 days here but no1 reply.

I'm currently at level 88 with this build. Here is my gear before I go into map experience:

You can solo just about any map but not all map bosses. In my opinion, the EK skill is slightly underpowered and slow to cast. If you maintain the defensive nature of this build with your gear, damage will be mediocre at best. It can be frustrating to sit and grind trying to kill a monster and all of a sudden a map partner comes up and kills it with one shot.

That being said, it is my best char. I do survive where others die and have finished many maps alone after the entire party died. Map mods you should stay away from: blood magic, no regen. Maps with temporal chains are doable but, it makes the slow cast speed of this char even less enjoyable.

It is possible to get by on a 5 link chest but you really need the 6 link to make this char kick. Unfortunately, I'm in a new league and 6 link armor is hard to find or craft. I have spent 900 fusings so far with no luck. I switched to saffells after starting upper level maps because spell damage is your worst enemy and upper level maps bosses have lots of it. This caused a loss of 45% spell damage from my char though.

I'm currently attempting to craft gear specific for this build. Getting cast speed, spell damage, res, life and mana regen together on gear takes some effort and cost.
Thank you for information sir!
Here is my current items and skill tree at 79 level, i still have 2 skill point ready to go.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQo-imlKk0s6S2oL28xnjWSNuk64T8nQYdDY0ZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWWPVbr2TnZp5noG6qb55wu3FNdPF_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKHdojxj0aQVZMnkzqaz5u1ncSio6ZXpwinhKw_rFmxkLQMtfK3Mbc-t9a4k70nwBrB88M6ykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu8kX22vno-tL7CfzF_gr-jw==

Stats;
3700 Life
75 All Resists
6200 EK Dps
8050 Armor
Dps will be improved once my EK hits 20 lv, currently 19 level and %90 experience bar filled

I'm thinking to get Mana Geyser for extra mana regen -when i change my shield i lack mana regen-
And thinking to get ballistic mastery or Path of The Savant ;
Savant 4 skill : 9 Cast Speed , 12 Spell Dmg , +20 Mana and Int
Ballistic 3 Skill : +10 Int +30 Dex +20 Proj Speed , %15 Proj Dmg

I'm not sure which one would be better, since my wand has 40 proj speed but no castspeed and low spell dmg, when i upgrade my wand new wand will be like 75+ Spell Dmg and 15+ Cast Speed -hard to find castspeed+proj speed both with 75+ spell dmg ofc- so ballistic looks better and saves me 1 skill.

Also i'm thinking to remove 2 passives Influence and Aura Effect there.

About gear ;

My gloves needs to be upgraded for 75+ life same for chest AR/ES + high life one with some resist or maybe i go tabula rasa ? I'm not doing maps higher then 72 atm mostly 69-70.
I'll also re-place my two stone ring with castspeed + life one once i got my resists fixed -two stone ring gives me massive resist so i cant change it right now with my current shield-

The biggest thing here is shield.. I'm not sure what to use.
Rathpith means good spell dmg and dual block with %10 life which looks good.
Saffell means i get +80 all resits and better spellblock change compared to rathpith but the thing i cant block attacks, yes i know arctic armor and MOM do the job for physicals but not sure. I'm not experienced well.

Here comes the idea ;
Prism Guardian!!
I do have %41 mana reserve reduction from skills, %8 from alpha howl..
Yes it will lower my EK dps since it has no spelldmg but it has too much all resist which i can equip some flat life+chaos resist items or just life+rarity for below 72 level map farming. With prism, i can even go and try tabula rasa!
Plus i might spend 2 exalts to buy 40x GCPs to make my faster projectiles and EK %20, if i am not wrong they each give %15 projectile dmg with %20 qua on them is it wortH?

I do have 10 exalt to throw in this build but i have no idea which one would be better to go with! Looking for experienced veteran players' suggestions about this if possible

Sorry for my bad english btw o/

Edit: I have changed my wand old one was 40 projectile speed 20 regen and 75 spell dmg, new one 80 spell dmg 14 cast speed and
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Editado por útlima vez por TheFlyingSquirrel en 21 dic. 2013 13:41:39
i got 1 shot from springs boss 3600hp all resist 750 unreserved mana etc.etc. i am done i have had lv20 ek at last and hit 80 but gg.
What is the priority of supports on EK? I am not getting a 6l anytime in the foreseeable future.
Im level 70 on Nemesis, but am not sure what item needs an upgrade the most, gear is shown below, please advise fellow EK survivalists!

Note a 6L is probably too expensive for me in Nemesis. Thanks in advance.

When leveling an EK build like this, do you want to always level clarity or keep it relatively low while still in early/mid game? I currently have a 36 EK build and I am hesitant to level my clarity any further.
"
IoIcats escribió:
When leveling an EK build like this, do you want to always level clarity or keep it relatively low while still in early/mid game? I currently have a 36 EK build and I am hesitant to level my clarity any further.

Depends purely on gear and mana regen and spare mana. Level it as far as you can support, simply put. If you need better gear, get that. 1-2 Chaos is all it might take.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Editado por útlima vez por CantripN en 22 dic. 2013 4:49:46
i'd love to see this build combined with righteous fire

does anyone have a build like that

if so could you please post a vid ?
That wont work, we dont have good HP pool plus itemization..
2/10 would not play.
I've been using this build up to now (currently 77) I'm thinking about respeccing into the Spectral Throw variant.
Aside from Cast/attack-speed is there other any arributes I should change out for something else?
Editado por útlima vez por 2talt en 22 dic. 2013 14:41:07

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional