ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

62 level... i got 40 proj speed on wand and faster proj gem on EK setup so i think i can take off karui ward for some castspeed+spell dmg amulet right?
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
Hey Ziggy,

Beginner here :)

Build looks like a ton of fun - made a char to try it out.. currently playing on the Domination league and am level 35.

I was hoping you could give me a few tips on the following. If I want to try to nearly replicate this build, although put a little less into life/armor/mana and more into spell/phys dmg nodes (or whichever I need to improve EK dps), which nodes would be the best to pick up?

Let me know what ya think :D

Thanks again!
-Snaap
"
MINDL3VIOLNC3 escribió:
"
ithanium2 escribió:

I am unusure about my CODT setup. Should I level it to 6? I absolutely love Enfeeble linked on it. Also decoy. I even think that Enduring cry is better then Molten Shell.

So, what do you guys think? Any tips or suggestions on what I should improve are welcome.

Keep in mind I am playing domination so different considerations may apply for hardcore leauges. Also note that I have made it 73 so far with this build and now have run many end game maps so my opinion should be at least semi-vaild ;)

I found that in at least the end game maps the decoy totem and molten shell were instantly dying and popping (basically providing little defense) So I went a little further than the suggested values.

My opinion on CoDT setup

Enfeeble - I keep enfeeble seperate because I like to cast it as I need it (ie - a group of 6 elementals with "BIG CRIT" mod basically taking a proactive approach instead of reactive) and CODT won't allow you to do that. Also this allows you to level up enfeeble as much as you like because it does get extremely nice on higher levels.

CoDT - Level 8 - Triggers on 980 damage. (My life is around 2.5K I believe and I think a general strategy is to start worrying when your life is around 1/2 so that is plenty before, probably less maybe 3/4? for hc tho) That is the value I used to measure this, though it still activates quite frequently even when my life is not to level and it allowed me to further increase the linked gems which I felt was needed for my playstyle (ie - stand in the middle of everyone pecking at them with EK)

Molten Shell - Level 11 - Seems to provide a good bit of protection before popping at this level. I actually have seen it survive through some battles still active. Keep in my that CoDT reduces damage significantly so when linked to CoDT it is much more a defensive spell than offensive so having it around longer provides much more benefit from it.

Decoy Totem - Level 11 - Raising it to this level has appeared to actually let it sustain a couple hits before dying. Doesn't sound like much but that is 1-2 sec for you to lightning warp away from danger and/or a couple secs to regen some mana/life.

Enduring Cry - Level 9 - I think this is only 1 level higher than recommended. It really doesn't matter much. Its at 25 charges per hundred enemies...just seemed like a nice round number lol. The important thing is just that you are getting charges when you need them. ;)

And so thats my opinion on it. Hope it helps.

Well, I play on Domination aswell an I am level 77 now but it doesn't matter. I ran quite a few maps in the last days, mostly 66 and 67 due only those kind dropping. But I ran like 2 lvl 71 maps and had no issues at all.

Regarding the CODT setup I have to disagree with you.
I think that you leveled it too much in my opinion as you want it to proc alot. I was wondering if to stay at lvl 4 or go at lvl 6.
My Decoy Totem does it's job quite well and does not die instantly, well not always. But it acts as it should, a decoy not your personal tank :)
Regarding the add of enfeeble, the raw damage difference is not that big and your proactive vs reactive regarding hard hitters is irrelevant in my opinion. If it's a hard hitter and you know it, you will run and dodge not rely on curse (think of curse immune mob).
What I would use as a curse, is Projectile Weakness as in kill them faster so they don't touch me, and if they do they get Enfeeebled.

Looking back now after I analyzed this, I think leveling my gem to lvl 6 is useless.

I built up to this purely from things I found on the ground, only thing I bought was EK. I'm level 56 and up to Dominus on Cruel and I've come to the conclusion I need to start buying things.

These are the main things I have in my stash: http://gyazo.com/cfd5c8d4dccb6e971ee86b2334c3cab9
http://gyazo.com/c5d7921f030d340f16c9b99d99a9629c + a few relatively worthless uniques

With the resources available to me, how and where do you think I should improve? Any help would be appreciated

PS. I know some of the links don't make sense, I just use some spaces as fillers to level up gems that I might use later
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
Editado por útlima vez por AvocadoCake en 19 dic. 2013 10:55:00
"
AvocadoCake escribió:

I built up to this purely from things I found on the ground, only thing I bought was EK. I'm level 56 and up to Dominus on Cruel and I've come to the conclusion I need to start buying things.

These are the main things I have in my stash: http://gyazo.com/cfd5c8d4dccb6e971ee86b2334c3cab9
http://gyazo.com/c5d7921f030d340f16c9b99d99a9629c + a few relatively worthless uniques

With the resources available to me, how and where do you think I should improve? Any help would be appreciated

PS. I know some of the links don't make sense, I just use some spaces as fillers to level up gems that I might use later

You pretty much need to replace...well... all of it. Your wand is bad, you could have probably found a better blue with 50+ spell dmg off of a vendor during leveling. Almost none of your gear has any +life or when it does, it's low. At level 56 you should have started switching your gear so that all pieces have ES on it, but also Armor (Or Eva if you already have Iron Reflexes) A karui ward is better than your amulet. Your shield is totally wrong for the build. It should have ES always.

Pretty much my suggestion would be to read the first page of the build where he talks about what to look for on each piece of gear since few of your pieces fit the bill.

You can fit your Perandus Signet in if you compensate for it on other pieces, but your other uniques need to go. Your chest is the right kind of armor/ES but isn't even a 3 link. By now you should have (AT MINIMUM) a 4 link if not a 5 link waiting. You pretty much want to have a lot of life on every piece, and at least one resist if not more. At least you aren't on Nemesis with that gear! :)

Editado por útlima vez por damelon en 19 dic. 2013 15:45:14
What do u think about
Alpha Howl + Prism Guardian combination at 68 level guys? With 6 Auras like

Grace
Clarity
Hatred
Discipline
Haste
Determination

i suck calculating stuff so how much % life would prism guardian reserve with r4educe mana gem , alpha howl %8 and a lot mana reserve reduction nodes ?
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
"
ithanium2 escribió:

Looking back now after I analyzed this, I think leveling my gem to lvl 6 is useless.

Ok, well as I mentioned that was for my playstyle...This is a very tanky build and for me I like to play it as such and not as a kiting build. I just like to sit in the middle of mobs and hit them and only be as mobile as need be. Still not really sure why it would be necessary to have it going off over and over seems like its trying to use it offensively for what maybe >100 damage at best each time. Just didn't seem that useful to me that way for end game. I'd rather have the damage reduction, its like having a second AA (minus fire reduction). I could be missing something though. But I do suppose if you are more mobile, then decoy probably wouldn't die as much as it would with me.

But hey, at least it helped you figure it out! ;) gl & hf
View my shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/686184
IGN: KeriaScion - xDeadRising - xxPowerRanger
Editado por útlima vez por MINDL3VIOLNC3 en 19 dic. 2013 18:23:59
hello, i have 230 mana regen, my AA takes 158+31, thats 189, and im still losing mana while moving, how?
"
damelon escribió:
You pretty much need to replace...well... all of it. Your wand is bad, you could have probably found a better blue with 50+ spell dmg off of a vendor during leveling. Almost none of your gear has any +life or when it does, it's low. At level 56 you should have started switching your gear so that all pieces have ES on it, but also Armor (Or Eva if you already have Iron Reflexes) A karui ward is better than your amulet. Your shield is totally wrong for the build. It should have ES always.

Pretty much my suggestion would be to read the first page of the build where he talks about what to look for on each piece of gear since few of your pieces fit the bill.

You can fit your Perandus Signet in if you compensate for it on other pieces, but your other uniques need to go. Your chest is the right kind of armor/ES but isn't even a 3 link. By now you should have (AT MINIMUM) a 4 link if not a 5 link waiting. You pretty much want to have a lot of life on every piece, and at least one resist if not more. At least you aren't on Nemesis with that gear! :)

Ugh that's what I was afraid of... thanks, though!
My builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1641740
My 6link collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656425
"
MINDL3VIOLNC3 escribió:
"
ithanium2 escribió:

Ok, well as I mentioned that was for my playstyle...This is a very tanky build and for me I like to play it as such and not as a kiting build. I just like to sit in the middle of mobs and hit them and only be as mobile as need be. Still not really sure why it would be necessary to have it going off over and over seems like its trying to use it offensively for what maybe >100 damage at best each time. Just didn't seem that useful to me that way for end game. I'd rather have the damage reduction, its like having a second AA (minus fire reduction). I could be missing something though. But I do suppose if you are more mobile, then decoy probably wouldn't die as much as it would with me.

But hey, at least it helped you figure it out! ;) gl & hf

Well, It's not about the playstyle, its about me being lazy for some part. :)
Yes, I love it that all I have to do is cast EK and move around.
I don't usually kite. I only kite hard hitters and honestly I think you do too. For example, the lvl 66 map Orchard. Don't tell me that you can facetank him? Even with no affix map.
Yes, most of the time I stand in the middle and get tickled by them (even uniques), because this is indeed a very tanky build. But just my newbie opinion, even with the best gear and max passive points, you couldn't facetank everything in this game.

And regarding Molten Shell and why I don't like it, because it wears of so fast. With Enduring Cry, I will have atleast 4% phys damage reduction (1 stack), regardless I won't benefit from the resistances since I am already capped.

But I guess, in the end, this is the beauty of Path of Exile and why I started to enjoy it, there is no single cookie cutter spec that performs best.

And regarding my other questions, I got to the conclusion that going for Ballistic Mastery, Charisma and Mana Geyser is pointless.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional