ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Travman87 escribió:
What auras should I have active around level 40?

I just took eldritch battery and equipped EK. Reserved mana is at 423 with clarity and 170 if discipline is active. Mana regen is currently at 38.1. At the moment, if I run clarity and discipline with arctic armor (which is currently at level 1), mana drains very slowly while walking and EK drains the rest of the mana very quickly. EK is currently hooked up with faster projectiles, added fire, and life leech.

Am I on the right track here? What should I add or take away?

You took Eldritch Battery, but have no ES gear, right? :)

Get more ES/Mana, and a LOT more Mana Regen. 38 is not enough for even a 4L spell.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN escribió:
"
Travman87 escribió:

I just took eldritch battery and equipped EK. Reserved mana is at 423 with clarity and 170 if discipline is active. Mana regen is currently at 38.1. At the moment, if I run clarity and discipline with arctic armor (which is currently at level 1), mana drains very slowly while walking and EK drains the rest of the mana very quickly. EK is currently hooked up with faster projectiles, added fire, and life leech.

You took Eldritch Battery, but have no ES gear, right? :)

Get more ES/Mana, and a LOT more Mana Regen. 38 is not enough for even a 4L spell.

And discipline is for endgame. Its only usefull if you unlocked alot of -reserve mana and +aura/buff effect nodes. At this point with EB, it costs you more mana then you get from it. For 2nd aura i recommend either Grace or hatred, depending if you have problems staying alive (then grace) otherwise hatred for more dmg.
Hey, nice build, seeing how you tanked that unique tentaclebish made me start leveling my scion again after almost getting my duellist killed by a pack of blues in lunaris temple ('easy area' like you said in your vid, ha ha)
Tho you wrote that 'splls is what kills people most of the time' (or something close) - have you considered going max block and using Lazhwar and/or Rathpith Globe instead of/with lower level of AA? I suppose going Lazhwar alone wouldnt work (50% of 75% -> 0.35% spells blocked) and Rathpith is kinda expensive (and from what Ive seen this build can be used as first/self found one) but tell me what do you think of that - 75% block would deal with physical instead of AA and 75% spell block would deal with magicks.
Hey Ziggy what do you think about getting chaos dmg nodes near charisma when we reach mings heart? Also getting charisma a Rathpith Shield and alphas howl for tempest shield could be great isnt it?
"
Travman87 escribió:

Just use Clarity and keep Arctic Armor at a level where it wont drain your mana and you can sustain EK. You don't really run discipline until level 75 or so.

Though in terms of mana I don't even think I was using EK by that point - Spectral Throw is much cheaper and more effective at lower levels with a decent 2her.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
mithosiris escribió:
Hey Ziggy what do you think about getting chaos dmg nodes near charisma when we reach mings heart? Also getting charisma a Rathpith Shield and alphas howl for tempest shield could be great isnt it?

The chaos damage buff is lower than a normal projectile damage node in terms of passive point efficiency and it would only boost the 20% of phys from ming's - not really worth it. I think the nodes are only decent with a pure chaos attack.

Rathpith is a decent option in this build in it's own right.

If I got an Alpha's Howl and more mana I would run grace/hatred at the same time over tempest shield. And in terms of looking at tempest shield alone I dont think the boost it gives is worth the loss of mana for Mind Over Matter.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Hey, I really like the build but I dont like the Scion.

What do you think about these builds?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGtIZ1tEqW7VIbXtVSyaVbWxTNZu1GYr7CfbaGo8tg5cGxKK74_66fXXTfsM6ykrveu4OVvoj9u_wWkj8xWegh3ZKfd0NW69OKimlGNt08YUyb56DCUZx4YgdqrQMkyfcVx6UrD8c3H_GwcURlnC72RMvb4hCgh7bCzQKN2YsppDWpus3g-q6KPrr7riTDH0Qf8aeeqqa4EWdpwiPRtDQz2VVxh0U-tI26SSqGYXjahcvZOdV1oCkZp5xTZrPQ2O3MVj1ncSwdw==

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLveu4OI_bv8FpIVvr8xWegh3ZKfd0NW69OKimlGNt08YUylwYtgxmK-wn22hqPm7XDOspKb56DCUZx4YgdqrQMkycc3H_G3FcelKw_wcWIQoIe2ws0CjdmLKaQ1qbrN4Pquij66-56qprgRZ24kwx9EH_GnqcIj0bQ0M9lVcYdFPrSFy9k51XWgKRmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxMAakFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHYRlnC72RMvbzbp42o=

I think the Ranger is a bit better.

Would be a mistake going for any of those? I would be losing some Spell Damage (around 15% I think) and around 30% Hp. But, they are both 100 point builds.
The ranger will have low survivaility :)
Because u don't have life and your defence, being energy shield, is used for a shitload of mana.
"
Javaleus escribió:
Hey, I really like the build but I dont like the Scion.

I think the Ranger is a bit better.

Would be a mistake going for any of those? I would be losing some Spell Damage (around 15% I think) and around 30% Hp. But, they are both 100 point builds.

"
misterblort escribió:
Because u don't have life and your defence, being energy shield, is used for a shitload of mana.

I've got a level 82 ranger with a full respec and these items that I've been looking to use in the right build. Thinking of going elemental wander instead of EK, since like EK elemental wander doesn't require many dps node investment if you get a good wand. Still undecided on that part though:

I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm thinking I can push 6k-7k mana pool with the right nodes and discipline aura.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Editado por útlima vez por Wadjet en 12 dic. 2013 11:28:39
"
misterblort escribió:

Are you sure about that? the only difference between Ziggyds build and mine would be aprox 30% less hp and those spell damage nodes.

Please more opinions are welcome!

oh and as I said, that is a 100 points build, Ziggyds is 105 or more, so I would add more hp
Editado por útlima vez por Javaleus en 12 dic. 2013 11:52:19

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional