ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

what are your thoughts on using Alpha's Howl to boost auras and possibily running 1 more aura?
"
godofdun escribió:
Hey guys, loving the build so far, up to 52 on the scion.

Started leveling a shadow using a crit dagger spectral throw build from http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548657
and wondered if it might be easily converted to an EB/MOM build similar to Ziggy's?

It would take few points to get to EB/MOM and there is a bunch of evasion/energy shield nodes near the Shadow area to convert to armor/mana that would substitute for the armor/es nodes near the Templar start.

Was thinking something along the lines of this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0FtQzyDkgQexEvEZYY2xnXHhonqSmlKlsrCjB8OJY6sz7PTipRR1bqVvpbr2NDcFJwVnDVdEF08XfXfyt_xofbiEKIa42_kBuZmpoTnaOio6XLpn-nNLGztMW1SLb3txe5fL3mvjrAUcEAwcXC7MNtzerSGdbR2xrb1N0N44Tp_utj7BjtQfLh9Uv8q_zF_5OFMhzckyfcVx6UrD9h4m17VUsmlYw2gh7bC6q4qn-NfW1sUzWbtRmK-wn22hqPIuqdlitvGL2yRHC76NabJjIBshnPemHrelM=

Also thinking what if I switched it to a claw build for more survivability?

New to POE so be gentle ;)

Bumping post, any critiques? Thoughts?
"
viniciusxis escribió:
what are your thoughts on using Alpha's Howl to boost auras and possibily running 1 more aura?

I think you could definitely use one and it'd be pretty strong but I don't see it as a mandatory item for the build at all.

My math skills are pretty average but I'm not eve sure the 8% reduction would make much of a difference to running a 4th aura. Running a level 22 discipline might though...

Be cool if someone could test it out with a pretty endgame setup.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
godofdun escribió:
"
godofdun escribió:
Hey guys, loving the build so far, up to 52 on the scion.

Started leveling a shadow using a crit dagger spectral throw build from http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548657
and wondered if it might be easily converted to an EB/MOM build similar to Ziggy's?

It would take few points to get to EB/MOM and there is a bunch of evasion/energy shield nodes near the Shadow area to convert to armor/mana that would substitute for the armor/es nodes near the Templar start.

Was thinking something along the lines of this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0FtQzyDkgQexEvEZYY2xnXHhonqSmlKlsrCjB8OJY6sz7PTipRR1bqVvpbr2NDcFJwVnDVdEF08XfXfyt_xofbiEKIa42_kBuZmpoTnaOio6XLpn-nNLGztMW1SLb3txe5fL3mvjrAUcEAwcXC7MNtzerSGdbR2xrb1N0N44Tp_utj7BjtQfLh9Uv8q_zF_5OFMhzckyfcVx6UrD9h4m17VUsmlYw2gh7bC6q4qn-NfW1sUzWbtRmK-wn22hqPIuqdlitvGL2yRHC76NabJjIBshnPemHrelM=

Also thinking what if I switched it to a claw build for more survivability?

New to POE so be gentle ;)

Bumping post, any critiques? Thoughts?

I looked at the original build and you could definitely do it but your planned spec has almost no life nodes - you still need a decent life pool as a MoM character.

Also, although Arctic Armor certainly helps vs reflect a crit dagger build is going to be pretty self-killy.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
viniciusxis escribió:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxGWFE0VIBZvFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQo-imlKk0s6S2oMZ41kjrYPydBh0NjRZ1GcUrITdhN404qVcZV1lj1W69k52aebqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIFvgh6Cx4MJhTKI8Yx2j0aQVZMnkzqaz5rgm7WdxJ48ogCio6ZXpwinhKw_rFmwd7GQtAy18rcxtz631riTvSfAGsHzwzrKSs9l0NDbC9tZ3FfdDeGI52Pr7uw49tr56PrS-wn-Cv6P

this is my current build, running 4 auras. I like it, running grace allows me to facetank physical damage even more.

no alpha howls needed
Editado por útlima vez por ibeyurvanh en 5 dic. 2013 20:57:15
It's not about need, i have a near perf Alpha's and want to use.
I think i might do a little tweak maybe lose one of the body and armour balls and get the 13% reservation + mana geyser.
I should run discipline+grace+hatred on alpha's?
Then i just run clarity + another red mana on the shield or something.

edit: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQo-imlKk0s6S2oL28xnjWSNuk_J0GHQ2NFnUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWVi1Y9VuvZOdmnmegbqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyh3aI8Y9GkFWTJ5M6ms-a4Ju1ncSio6ZXpwinhKw_rFmsf7GQtAy18rcxtz631riTvSfAGsHzwzrKSs9l0NDZE9sL21ncV90N4Yjjaudj6-722vno-tL7CfzF_gr-jw==

wonder if the life is suficient :/
Editado por útlima vez por viniciusxis en 5 dic. 2013 21:38:39
Hey ZiggyD! I am brand new to the game and I am currently running this build in Domination Normal difficulty.. I know it may not be "built" for this league in mind.. but I am LOVING IT. I have traded and obtained all of the GEM SKILLS and SUPPORT GEMS that are needed for the entire build.

My question to you, or anyone that can answer is.. @ What point should I have ALL of my abilities linked to one another? Currently I am halfway through act2 normal and I have..

Lightning warp ( reduced Duration )
Decoy Totem ( BASE SPELL )
Bear Trap ( BASE SPELL)
Clarity ( LVL 7 )
Arctic Armor ( LVL 1 to keep my mana from draining)
Spectral Throw

My answer may be as simple as "As soon as you get the Socketed Gear" but I am just trying to clarify : ] Thanks to anyone in advance for help.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
"
viniciusxis escribió:
It's not about need, i have a near perf Alpha's and want to use.
I think i might do a little tweak maybe lose one of the body and armour balls and get the 13% reservation + mana geyser.
I should run discipline+grace+hatred on alpha's?
Then i just run clarity + another red mana on the shield or something.

edit: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2qHpQo-imlKk0s6S2oL28xnjWSNuk_J0GHQ2NFnUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWVi1Y9VuvZOdmnmegbqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyh3aI8Y9GkFWTJ5M6ms-a4Ju1ncSio6ZXpwinhKw_rFmsf7GQtAy18rcxtz631riTvSfAGsHzwzrKSs9l0NDZE9sL21ncV90N4Yjjaudj6-722vno-tL7CfzF_gr-jw==

wonder if the life is suficient :/

you don't need to grab every aura node if you plan on using alpha, i mean if you're that far you should be able to customize the build yourself.

also for discipline, you don't even need to run that, it really depends on your mana regen and your mana reserve. depending on what gear I put on. I'm more tankier w.o discipline sometimes.

Ie if i have 350 mana/sec and a 300 mana pool left after all auras are cast with discipline. It's better to have 300mana/sec with a 500 mana pool left after all auras are casts.

IMO, you only want enough "reduce mana reserve" nodes to the point where you can run all 4 auras, at that point it's better to grab inner force and other aura effects.

Remember it's percentage, grabbing extra mana reserve nodes such as "8 percent" may only reserve the total mana reserved used by a spell from 26 to 25 if you already grabbed a lot. In that case it's better to use that spec point somewhere else.
"
BlackBear89 escribió:
Hey ZiggyD! I am brand new to the game and I am currently running this build in Domination Normal difficulty.. I know it may not be "built" for this league in mind.. but I am LOVING IT. I have traded and obtained all of the GEM SKILLS and SUPPORT GEMS that are needed for the entire build.

My question to you, or anyone that can answer is.. @ What point should I have ALL of my abilities linked to one another? Currently I am halfway through act2 normal and I have..

Bear Trap ( BASE SPELL)
Clarity ( LVL 7 )
Spectral Throw

My answer may be as simple as "As soon as you get the Socketed Gear" but I am just trying to clarify : ] Thanks to anyone in advance for help.

I'd get a 4 link chest first for EK

EK+AF+FC+FP , then Life leech, lightning warp can probably go last.

I used ST until about lvl 45. Then I switched over to EK.

"
BlackBear89 escribió:

Bear Trap ( BASE SPELL)
Clarity ( LVL 7 )
Spectral Throw

Your main attack is a priority.

After that is reduced mana on auras.

After that is probably lightning warp.

But as you said - it's pretty much just based on when you have links. Just prioritize your main attack.

And I know quite a few people in domination playing this build now and they've all been super happy with it! I think dying isnt fun in any league really.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional