ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

I just checked ethereal knives and it's categorised in both projectiles and spells.So im wondering since attack speed doesnt affect it if I used iron grip instead of iron will would i get the same effect without the reduction in how fast i shoot or would it end up the same?(Or maybe wouldn't work at all?)
i love how dmillz iz suggesting to take mind over matter ... and saying how its better ... and his build doesnt use it
"
MuFeR escribió:
I just checked ethereal knives and it's categorised in both projectiles and spells.So im wondering since attack speed doesnt affect it if I used iron grip instead of iron will would i get the same effect without the reduction in how fast i shoot or would it end up the same?(Or maybe wouldn't work at all?)

Iron Grip doesn't increase the dmg of EK ...

Cuz it only works on Projectile ATTACKS ... not Projectiles
"
Metalkon escribió:
I just finished building my mf character based on this build and i'm loving how tanky my character is but I am seriously lacking dps, I will gain some when I get lv20 ek but aside from that does anyone have any suggestions on improving my character?

Life/Mana: 3310/2831(555)
EK DPS: 3680.2
IIR/IIQ: 133/30
Aura's: Hatred/Grace/Clarity/ArcticArmour

My Items

nice!
"
Metalkon escribió:
I just finished building my mf character based on this build and i'm loving how tanky my character is but I am seriously lacking dps, I will gain some when I get lv20 ek but aside from that does anyone have any suggestions on improving my character?

Life/Mana: 3310/2831(555)
EK DPS: 3680.2
IIR/IIQ: 133/30
Aura's: Hatred/Grace/Clarity/ArcticArmour

My Items

I am by no means an expert at this game but from looking at your items, I'd suggest the following upgrades to start with. The reason why I suggest these is because I'm roughly in the same situation as you.

So let's begin,
-Get an amulet that has spell damage and cast speed, and with mana regen.
If you can get it on a Gold Amulet then you have your MF as well!
-Change up your Helm for an Alpha's Howl and place your auras in the helm, but you'll need to either get lucky and roll 4 red on your boots/gloves or change one of those items to something that can easily roll 4 red sockets.
-Once you've done that, I'd suggest changing your rings, obviously these changes are not quick but eventually they can be done. A good ring with mf and damage is "Le Heup of All", Try to get one with 20mf/20damage! :)
-And the last change could be to run more Aura's once you get the Alpha's Howl and get hire level so you have more "reduced mana reserve".
Clarity, Hatred, Haste, Grace & Arctic Armour, still leaving you with enough Mana to get use of Mind over Matter.

Edit: Almost forgot, you can get a cloak of defiance so you can save those 3 points to get it in the skill tree and use them for more damage or whatever you want! :)

Hope this helps!
-OliviaNorth
Editado por útlima vez por OGPesto en 4 dic. 2013 16:55:30
Hey guys, loving the build so far, up to 52 on the scion.

Started leveling a shadow using a crit dagger spectral throw build from http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548657
and wondered if it might be easily converted to an EB/MOM build similar to Ziggy's?

It would take few points to get to EB/MOM and there is a bunch of evasion/energy shield nodes near the Shadow area to convert to armor/mana that would substitute for the armor/es nodes near the Templar start.

Was thinking something along the lines of this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBX0FtQzyDkgQexEvEZYY2xnXHhonqSmlKlsrCjB8OJY6sz7PTipRR1bqVvpbr2NDcFJwVnDVdEF08XfXfyt_xofbiEKIa42_kBuZmpoTnaOio6XLpn-nNLGztMW1SLb3txe5fL3mvjrAUcEAwcXC7MNtzerSGdbR2xrb1N0N44Tp_utj7BjtQfLh9Uv8q_zF_5OFMhzckyfcVx6UrD9h4m17VUsmlYw2gh7bC6q4qn-NfW1sUzWbtRmK-wn22hqPIuqdlitvGL2yRHC76NabJjIBshnPemHrelM=

Also thinking what if I switched it to a claw build for more survivability?

New to POE so be gentle ;)
"
Vepar90 escribió:
i love how dmillz iz suggesting to take mind over matter ... and saying how its better ... and his build doesnt use it

"
Dmillz escribió:
THIS GUIDE IS THAT, A GUIDE, DON'T FOLLOW IT BLINDLY

Should I take Mind Over Matter?

If you have 700+ unreserved mana, YES.

And just read his math. Even with 10k armor u would take 3310 dmg when you get a 4k hit while with 0 armor (which obviously wont happen) and mind over matter you would take 2800dmg in the same scenario.
"
MuFeR escribió:
Even with 10k armor u would take 3310 dmg when you get a 4k hit while with 0 armor (which obviously wont happen) and mind over matter you would take 2800dmg in the same scenario.

it is Highly unlikely that u will ever be hit by a 4k single attack ... Maybe if u are an idiot and not know how to dodge those attacks ... no minion deals a 4k normal hit

+ if u get to 5-7k armor .. and use a Granite with 90% armor on it .. u will have 20-30k armor ... not 10k

so its not all black and white ...

AND SOMETHING ELSE

if u take a 2800 gmd from health u take 1000+ from mana ... that will TURN OFF your Artic Armor ... and leave u with 0 mana .. so u cant use your EK .. and u get no Life Leech .. which might just end up killing u
"
Vepar90 escribió:

AND SOMETHING ELSE

if u take a 2800 gmd from health u take 1000+ from mana ... that will TURN OFF your Artic Armor ... and leave u with 0 mana .. so u cant use your EK .. and u get no Life Leech .. which might just end up killing u

on my practice it works not quite like this. while i was leveling on merc, i have taken a hit from kole's attack for more than 2k, i had 300 mana not reserved - arctic armour DOES NOT came off. now im 78, and no time in my memory arctic armor gone off.
Editado por útlima vez por ShadowWordHate en 5 dic. 2013 2:50:24
"
ShadowWordHate escribió:
"
Vepar90 escribió:

AND SOMETHING ELSE

on my practice it works not quite like this. while i was leveling on merc, i have taken a hit from kole's attack for more than 2k, i had 300 mana not reserved - arctic armour DOES NOT came off. now im 78, and no time in my memory arctic armor gone off.

Yeah, one BIG hit, doesn't usually turn it off. I think that if it regens even 1 mana at the same time, you're good. It only ever happens when a pack hits you a lot of TIMES at once, and AA more or less makes that impossible later on.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Editado por útlima vez por CantripN en 5 dic. 2013 2:52:52

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional