ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Valentia escribió:
RIP'd earlier at 79. Ran about 8 hours of maps one day and never really dropped below 75%, up to 71 maps.

Was doing a simple Spider Forest (I think?) and a Devourer just one shot me. I don't really know why but I now know never to fuck with Devourers.

Lost a 700 Armor / 600 ES chest in Nemesis! Time to reroll =)

Ziggy: Isn't your Jade Flask really subpar? As I understand it you don't really benefit from the +% to Evasion on it as IR. You need to reroll it to +% to Armor. I think, anyway.

Ah man sorry to hear it! Must have been a nasty crit, maybe a minus max or some curse map as well?

And just tested the flasks, the mod seems to work fine. I guess what you mean is that the evasion flask is only doubling the evasion from the flask and not mine since I mainly have AR/ES gear. If that's the case then you are probably right! I'm mainly using it because I happened to roll almost perfect affixes on it. A granite with similar stats would be better then I'd guess!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ZiggyD escribió:
"
Valentia escribió:
RIP'd earlier at 79. Ran about 8 hours of maps one day and never really dropped below 75%, up to 71 maps.

Was doing a simple Spider Forest (I think?) and a Devourer just one shot me. I don't really know why but I now know never to fuck with Devourers.

Ziggy: Isn't your Jade Flask really subpar? As I understand it you don't really benefit from the +% to Evasion on it as IR. You need to reroll it to +% to Armor. I think, anyway.

Ah man sorry to hear it! Must have been a nasty crit, maybe a minus max or some curse map as well?

And just tested the flasks, the mod seems to work fine. I guess what you mean is that the evasion flask is only doubling the evasion from the flask and not mine since I mainly have AR/ES gear. If that's the case then you are probably right! I'm mainly using it because I happened to roll almost perfect affixes on it. A granite with similar stats would be better then I'd guess!

It`s not the Granite part it is the +Evasion part. I got substantially more armor out of a +Armor modification Jade Flask compared to the one you have rolled! If you have another Jade around, roll it until you get armor and look at the difference.

I don't really know what did it with the death. I had an extremely large mana pool (All Armor/ES pieces and a 600 ES chest) and 4500 HP. I had been fighting it for awhile and killed all of the adds and it was almost dead and just one shot me. I didn't check the map mods but it was a blue map with at most one more damage affix. It could have been -Max Resists or +Damage, but not both. I never combined -resists and +damage or anything. It really doesn't make any sense to be honest, but hey- what can you do?

I found a Bringer of Rain a couple maps before it, ended up levelling a Duelist to 67 and was about to gear it out for the BoR+stuff...and I said screw it and re-made the Scion because this build was so fun. =)
Editado por útlima vez por Valentia en 27 nov. 2013 11:42:01
"
Valentia escribió:
"
ZiggyD escribió:
"
Valentia escribió:

It`s not the Granite part it is the +Evasion part. I got substantially more armor out of a +Armor modification Jade Flask compared to the one you have rolled! If you have another Jade around, roll it until you get armor and look at the difference.

I don't really know what did it with the death. I had an extremely large mana pool (All Armor/ES pieces and a 600 ES chest) and 4500 HP. I had been fighting it for awhile and killed all of the adds and it was almost dead and just one shot me. I didn't check the map mods but it was a blue map with at most one more damage affix. It could have been -Max Resists or +Damage, but not both. I never combined -resists and +damage or anything. It really doesn't make any sense to be honest, but hey- what can you do?

I found a Bringer of Rain a couple maps before it, ended up levelling a Duelist to 67 and was about to gear it out for the BoR+stuff...and I said screw it and re-made the Scion because this build was so fun. =)

Yeah, that makes sense! It'll scale both the armor from the flask after the conversion and your armor from gear. Thanks a lot for pointing that out.

I guess the devourer could have been a powerful crits mob or something but could just be a fluke :( I've had some close calls from devourer but it's generally only when it's a pack shooting me at once.

And that's pretty funny you rerolled the Scion again despite having a BoR! Glad you've enjoyed the build so much!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Hi Ziggy, can you help me with the choice of armor? Currently I'm using the ringmail one and I'm wondering if switching to that saintly chainmail is worth losing bonus hp. Maybe it's worth to sell that chainmail for (probably) a ton of currency and buy a 6link?
Armor:
Spoiler

Edit:
With ringmail I got 4461 hp and 3018 mana, with chainmail 4212hp/4208mana, level 73 atm.
Editado por útlima vez por nomnomomnom en 27 nov. 2013 12:54:31
"
ZiggyD escribió:
"
evan8812 escribió:
any suggestion of using Cloak of Defiance which class is better

Witch, Templar and Shadow all benefit a lot from Cloak of Defiance. I'm making a Templar that uses it soon actually!

Looking for it, but I think shadow or witch is better since the starting point of templar is pretty much useless for EK, or maybe you want to use other spell? Also even start with top I still need to go down for iron reflex, since the cloak of defiance provide 500+ evasion.but if I have to travel down to the bottom, it seem like scion is better.

what is the advantage for using cloak of defiance and start with top class?
IGN coolshadower, lightingking
For a build like this that travels so much of the tree Scion really is the most efficient start. You typically have to waste several extra nodes starting everywhere else to get to some of the key areas.
IGN: Dmillz
Hi Ziggy, I'm looking forward to start my new character with this build, but I have one question: at what level should I be switching from ST to EK?
Editado por útlima vez por blakehx en 27 nov. 2013 19:56:53
I just wanted to say that this build is awesome and ziggy your awesome too,lvling it atm!
"
nomnomomnom escribió:
Hi Ziggy, can you help me with the choice of armor? Currently I'm using the ringmail one and I'm wondering if switching to that saintly chainmail is worth losing bonus hp. Maybe it's worth to sell that chainmail for (probably) a ton of currency and buy a 6link?
Armor:
Spoiler

Edit:
With ringmail I got 4461 hp and 3018 mana, with chainmail 4212hp/4208mana, level 73 atm.

Oooo, I'd go for the saintly with those totals. The mana on it should make up for the loss of life. And the armor should be icing. I imagine your unreserved mana would be over 1k with that on.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional