[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hello,

Should i play this build or the Terminus Est Edition ?

Will i get enough frenzy charges to spam flicker ?

What are the mains difference about both ?
"
wtznael escribió:
Hello,

Should i play this build or the Terminus Est Edition ?

Will i get enough frenzy charges to spam flicker ?

What are the mains difference about both ?

Which build you "should" play depends on your currency. This build here works with baiscally anything from lvl 38 onwards, while the Terminus est edition needs some Uniques which might be within your understanding of "expensive".

Spamming Flicker is never a problem with both builds at trashmobs, the thing with this build is it has to kill => more damage per flicker means more stable flicker. The terminus est version generates frenzy charges on Crits, so having more critical chance means a more stable flicker.

Which also is the main difference: No Weapon in this world will enable this build to flicker permanently on bosses (switchign skills or using frenzy and flicker both is a way to deal with this), while the terminus est version actually CN sustain flicker charges on bosses. Whether this is desireable or not (damage versus control and position etc) is on your side to decide.

Also I guess this build can get tankier than the Terminus est version. Besides the used skill they are really diffrent though.
first of all thank you for a great guide, as a newbie this guide is really awsome and help me alot and the build is so fun too. The first time i use flicker i was like "oh sh!t wtf where am i"
Anyway, I'm now level 5x and I'm start thinking about the core item, can you help me compare between starforge and Atziri?
and I was wondering if I need both 5L on Armor and Weapon or 5L on one of them is enough? (I dont have enough currency for 6L:( )
and the last question is what should i switch with flicker when I face the boss, i tried double strike but double strike + multi strike = 1s stand still for the boss to hit me.
P/s: sorry for asking too much question and my bad english and thank you once again.
@EinUchiha
One 5L item is enough. For bosses personally i switch the multistrike as well because it locks you in place thus limiting your maneuverability.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 sept. 2017 5:01:52
Hi, thanks for the guide. I really enjoy Flicker Strike, I tried to make one flicker build happen when I started playing, it failed miserably. Now that I farmed a bit of currency I tried again with your build and TRIED to copy as much of your gear as I could.
Maybe I'm just really bad or don't understand this skill, but how do you fight bosses? I run out of mana quickly, so I took one of the mana leech passive nodes and switch to frenzy to build up frenzy charges. It still takes sooo long and I don't see how I can do shaper any time soon...
Also, how do you have 6 frenzy charges? I can only get to 5.

(Character should be public)
Hey, thanks alot for the detailed guide. My only question is: is it really worth it to get increased elemental damge? Flat physical dmg increased my dps more then increased elemental dmg... but its kinda ruff to get all this int, thats why i wear the astramentis atm (till i get better rings/helmet with int on it)
"
Vasilas escribió:
"
Overmasterr escribió:
Anyone got an idea on how to make this work with Starforge? Thanks :)

Hey, I played two-handed flicker exclusively this league. I switched from Disfavour to Starforge mid league, just to see how it would play and I've got to say Starforge has its benefits.

The setup I used was 6L Flicker + Melee Physical damage + Multistrike + Brutality + Maim + Melee Splash. I chose not to take slayer's melee splash, 'cause the skill gem itself gives more damage, plus I find both Brutal Fervour and Headsman too good to pass.

Going Starforge+Brutality makes you unable to deal chaos and elemental damage, but I think the shock capability and pure physical damage stacking makes up for the lost ele+chaos damage.

So this is what you get by using Starforge+Brutality:

-Mana reserved can be used for Arctic Armor + Poacher's Mark + one of the purity auras with Enlighten,
or
if you wear Blood Dance boots, you can drop Poacher's and go for arctic armor + haste or grace.

TBH not much to gain from the extra free mana, haste and grace don't make a big difference, BUT you could instead go for Cospri's Will body armor and run a dual curse.

-Physical damage can shock. You need at least 20% "chance to shock" from gear to make this work. I achieved that number from labyrinth boots enchant and 3 jewels.
Spoiler

-Many choices on flasks. Because Taste of Hate and Atziri's Promise are useless with Starforge+Brutality, the only damage flask I used was a Lion's Roar, which freed up room for more defensive flasks. I used:
Spoiler
Whenever I poped all of these I was truly untouchable, in fact this was the league with the least deaths I ever had playing flicker (the changes to volatile helped a bit on that too).

-"Physical reflect" on maps of course is out of the question, even with Headsman and the new Pantheon power, you will kill yourself extremely fast. "Physical damage reduction" mod on the other hand didn't feel as bad as I thought it would, maybe the shock helps.

I think Starforge + Brutality is a good alternative to Disfavour/good rare axe + hatred + Atziri's Promise + Taste of Hate. They both feel viable from my experience.

PS: As you can see my gear is nowhere near as good as it could be, yet I could do up to corrupted guardians with no problem (didn't try Shaper):
Spoiler

Also passive tree at level 95:

How did you fare against end-game bosses? What was the frenzy/flicker sustain like?

I played https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1841308 early in the league and dropped it, now looking to go back to flicker. Wondering if I should make a slayer or stick to raider. I already have a 6L starforge and was looking into using it somehow.
Hey, looking for this one for Mayhem
Any change needed/you think of to make it work on [3.1] ?

Also I'm confused for the below (no I did not read the 200+ pages of comments, so might been already answered)
At the very top, in "Skills", you say :
Flicker strike + Multistrike + Melee Splash* + Melee physical damage + Fortify* + Melee Physical Damage on Full life + Ruthless
Because, as you mention "since you are going to be a Slayer you'll be pretty much constantly at full life"

then at the end of the guide, you go for (FAQ 11) :
When you use Blood Rage you can never be on full life, ... making the Melee Damage on Full life support gem unusable.

so, usable or not ???

thanks
cannot wait to jump around like crazy
Yes, Bloodrage works with "melee damage on full life", GGG changed this without mentioning it greatly, which made it "sneak" into this guide mid-season.

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, but I was not able to find it in the forms.
For the Flickerstrike gems you list 7 gems and it gets confusing on which ones to use.
Long story short which 6 gems should I use with the the melee splash from the slayer passive?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional